Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/6/2024 3:08:59 PM EDT
Does this guy deserved to be clowned for putting a shrub in the back seat as opposed to the bed of his truck? On one hand maybe it'll sit upright in the back ad won't tip over, on the other hand the whole point of a truck to haul stuff and not get crap on the interior. Also any self respecting truck guy should have a supply of ropes and ratchet straps.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you deserve to be clowned for even bothering about that guy, his bush and his truck, and taking his picture and posting it here.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tangbang:
I think you deserve to be clowned for even bothering about that guy, his bush and his truck, and taking his picture and posting it here.
View Quote

Meh I have the time.  bring it on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the plant, and how fast I'm going.  I've put plants both in the cab and in the bed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s how I would have loaded it. Have it standing and the rubber mats in the back are easy enough to clean.

Get back to pushing carts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
Depends on the plant, and how fast I'm going.  I've put plants both in the cab and in the bed.
View Quote

So have I. Some plants get wind burned or the foliage gets damaged when in the truck bed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Tonneau cover.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
It won't tip over, wind won't beat it up, you don't have to open or unroll the cover... seriously? Why wouldn't you just toss it in the back if you aren't hauling anything else there?

What a stupid thread.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't really get what "clowned" means here.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Karen. How's it going checking the height of your neighbor's grass?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm betting it was small enough (and maybe expensive enough) that it wasn't worth the effort to secure it in the bed. Probably easier to just put in the back seat

Why go to all the hassle for a small thing like that...just to show the world you use the bed of your truck? I throw shit in my back seat all the time, and I use the bed just as often for bed size stuff
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

We’re in clown world.  Clowning is impossible.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I put plants in the back of my truck if I want to beat the ever loving shit out of them... Otherwise I try to put them in the back floorboard if I can
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, do you even own a truck?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Why are you taking pictures of a guy's bush?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The two large poinsettias I get each year for our hearth ride
home buckled into the passenger seats
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#19]
70mph wind isn't kind to plants.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

So have I. Some plants get wind burned or the foliage gets damaged when in the truck bed.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I always put plants inside the vehicle. Wind and gusts from passing traffic can ruin them before I can get them home and do it myself
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
OP, do you even own a truck?
View Quote

Yes but its a "farm" truck used for only hauling trash, lumber, and occasional scoops of dirt/gravel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Wind burn is a thing
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:
That’s how I would have loaded it. Have it standing and the rubber mats in the back are easy enough to clean.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By veritas8985:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ha-gay-1028.gif
View Quote

I dont know but if you zoom in the top edge looks like it took on some kind of fungus.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
View Quote

And if I'm going straight home or not
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#28]
In the quaint town of Willow Creek, where practicality intertwined with culinary delights, there lived a man named Ethan. A rugged adventurer by nature, Ethan possessed a trusty pickup truck that was his constant companion on his outdoor escapades. Unbeknownst to him, his truck would soon become an unlikely canvas for a culinary experiment that would forever alter his perception of convenience.

As Ethan embarked on a leisurely drive to the local hardware store, his gaze fell upon a vibrant display of small basket plants. Inspired by a sudden burst of greenery, he impulsively purchased several and carefully placed them in the interior of his truck. The plants, with their delicate foliage and earthy aroma, transformed the rugged cabin into an oasis of tranquility.

Meanwhile, across town, at the bustling McDonald's drive-thru, a tantalizing aroma wafted through the air. Ethan couldn't resist the lure of the McChicken sandwich, a culinary masterpiece known for its delicious taste and unbeatable value. As he savored each bite, a thought occurred to him: 'What if I could combine the versatility of my pickup with the delectable flavors of the McChicken?'

With a grin spreading across his face, Ethan hatched a plan. He returned to his truck and, to the astonishment of passersby, carefully arranged the basket plants around the perimeter of the cab. The result was a surreal tapestry of greenery, offset by the bright red and yellow colors of the McChicken sandwich.

As Ethan drove home, he couldn't help but marvel at the unexpected harmony between his two passions. The earthy scents of the plants mingled with the savory aroma of the sandwich, creating a unique sensory experience. Each bite of the McChicken was enhanced by the freshness of the surrounding foliage, while the plants seemed to thrive in the cozy confines of the truck.

Word of Ethan's culinary experiment spread throughout Willow Creek like wildfire. Locals flocked to witness the spectacle, marveling at the ingenuity of his idea. The 'McChicken Garden Truck' became a symbol of the town's quirky spirit.

And so, Ethan's pickup truck became more than just a mode of transportation. It was a testament to the unexpected connections that could be forged between seemingly disparate worlds. And as the sun set on Willow Creek, casting a golden glow on the McChicken Garden Truck, Ethan couldn't help but smile. For in his own unique way, he had created a culinary masterpiece that celebrated both the practicality of a pickup and the delicious taste of a classic sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:

View Quote

Yup and the mens room is a disaster needs cleaning ASAP .
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Sorry OP, but FPNI.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
What an odd thread.

View Quote

Are you new here
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#32]
He doesn't know how to tie knots.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I bet he could do a thread title better than you could.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
I put plants in the back of my truck if I want to beat the ever loving shit out of them... Otherwise I try to put them in the back floorboard if I can
View Quote

Ya, OP is not the sharpest tool in the shed,
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#35]
But did he put the cart back? that's the real issue here
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I bet his wife wasnt having that.  I put plants in bed and cab depending on circumstances
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#37]
XL F150 Owner here, i put plants/shit in the back seat all the time.  It's why everything is vinyl in it.  Lots of reasons, wind, theft, weather, beds already full, etc
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By veritas8985:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ha-gay-1028.gif
View Quote

Perfection
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
What an odd thread.

View Quote

I blame modern social media and the need to be outraged by some mundane shit.  Idiots cant even figure out if they should be outraged at this point, so they crowd source it.  It’s like that ARFism (I saw it here first.  I don’t know if it originated here.) , “The demand for racism (outrage) has exceeded the supply of racism (outrage).”
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Gay thread.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Dude probably has landscaping experience.  Plants get beat to fuck if you drive with them in the back of truck or on a trailer.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wisbiker67:
But did he put the cart back? that's the real issue here
View Quote

Heck yea it is.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By UV18:

View Quote

You guys realize that lots of these shrubs are transported 100's of miles in the back of a semi exposed to the wind. It's not as if no one transports them in an exposed fashion.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#44]
sheeeeiiiittt the way I drive, I'm not only puttin it in the back seat but I'm gonna use the seat belt and prop stuff up against it so it makes it home

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Get a fucking life.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:

You guys realize that lots of these shrubs are transported 100's of miles in the back of a semi exposed to the wind. It's not as if no one transports them in an exposed fashion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've only seen them in box trailers being delivered to the big box stores.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#47]
All my plants go behind the seat, if you weren't a renter you would know that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#48]
It looks to me like he is helping load his wife's bush.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My experience in working retail at both a dedicated garden store and a hardware store with a large garden department says differently. Most all of our plants were delivered in box trucks or cargo containers
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: King-Of-Town] [#50]
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I don't really get what "clowned" means here.  
View Quote

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clowned
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top