Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/25/2024 7:59:01 AM EDT
U.S. Fertility Rate Falls to Record Low. Fewer babies were born in the U.S. in 2023 than any year since 1979

About 3.59 million children were born in the U.S. in 2023, a 2% drop compared with 3.66 million in 2022. Photo: LM Otero/Associated Press
American women are giving birth at record-low rates.

The total fertility rate fell to 1.62 births per woman in 2023, a 2% decline from a year earlier, federal data released Thursday showed. It is the lowest rate recorded since the government began tracking it in the 1930s.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dboy11] [#1]
Kids are expensive

And awesome
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:59:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: phungus] [#2]
But stupid people are still breeding like rabbits…

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By phungus:
But stupid people are still breeding like rabbits
View Quote
the 50M new illegals will bump those numbers up
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
We need nationalism . This globalism is depressing and it’s destroying our country. Our government needs a complete overhaul.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Boomers will gloat how this is a good thing as their borders are kept wide open to their grandchildren's replacements. No one on the mainstream right is talking about demographics, but the democratic party already did the math a decade ago. Why do you think so much of their platform is "fuck whitey"?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RRA_223] [#6]
View Quote

Because all the educated liberal women are aborting their babies to focus on "studying' and their careers.    

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.    Half of them are black babies though.   I'm guessing that's just ghetto birth control.

Higher education of women = lower birth rates across the board.   There is no western country that is even meeting the minimum birth rate for a stable population, much less to get population growth.

Virtually all of the worlds population expansion over the next 30 years  will be from 8 Muslim and African countries.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm amazed this was even allowed on MSNBC.

Video:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dboy11:
Kids are expensive

And awesome
View Quote

FPNI as usual.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
People are getting married later in life.

My wife had three miscarriages last year.
Sucks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I did my part in 2023.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#11]
Out of 4 lids my parents had, were the only ones with kids with 2 aiming for 2 more.

Reasons for not having kids include:

We're not ready
Kids are expensive
It's just not the right time

For those who are enjoying life kids can seem like the end of things. As cliche as it is to say, it really is a new beginning that you won't understand until you go through with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:

Sucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Real birth rate is 1.55 - we get a bump due to immigrants
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:05:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snubfan] [#14]
As a result of the years of lower birth rates, coupled with mass global ‘immigration’, the world as we know it, culturally, politically & religiously, is changing rapidly.

Save this thread and read it again in 35 years.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Sucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Because all the educated liberal women are aborting their babies to focus on "studying' and their careers.    

930,000 of those 3.6 million births are aborted.    Half of them are black babies though.   I'm guessing that's just ghetto birth control.

Higher education of women = lower birth rates across the board.   There is no western country that is even meeting the minimum birth rate for a stable population, much less to get population growth.

Virtually all of the worlds population expansion over the next 30 years  will be from 8 Muslim and African countries.
View Quote

None of Euro countries are 2.1 or more but of the “higher” birth rate countries it’s all due to immigrants
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Just wait till they get sexbots figured out the numbers will fall off a cliff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I waited too long and missed the boat on having kids.  I wasted my younger years chasing worldly things that weren't worth catching and in 30 or so years I'll likely be dying alone in shitty nursing home, unable to understand what language the workers are speaking.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Sucks.
View Quote

I feel for you. My wife had a miscarriage and we were going to try again but the Dr advised her against it, so we weren't able to have children
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#20]
How many were aborted ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Kids are expensive

And awesome
View Quote

Huge point. Plus the atmosphere and ability to raise a child your way is gone. The outlook of the nation is bad, crime, illegals running loose everywhere….who in their right mind would have a kid right now? Oh yea, bottom feeders and illegals…
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Wait til we go to war with China. We'll half that or better.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
WOW               20 posts in and no one has blamed the clot shot.

Watched Children of Men again last night.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

Huge point. Plus the atmosphere and ability to raise a child your way is gone. The outlook of the nation is bad, crime, illegals running loose everywhere….who in their right mind would have a kid right now? Oh yea, bottom feeders and illegals…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Kids are expensive

And awesome

Who in their right mind would have a kid a year before you were born with USSR ready to annihilate us with nuclear fire at any second?  Why you just posted is the equivalent of "I almost joined but I'd pinch anyone who got in my face".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#25]
kids and women are expensive.

men are pretty much fed up with both.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#26]
If anyone is still wondering why the southern border is open hopefully, this clears that up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Well I'm trying
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Out of 4 lids my parents had, were the only ones with kids with 2 aiming for 2 more.

Reasons for not having kids include:

We're not ready
Kids are expensive
It's just not the right time

For those who are enjoying life kids can seem like the end of things. As cliche as it is to say, it really is a new beginning that you won't understand until you go through with it.
View Quote

A lot of people also believe you should be married before having kids, but don't want to be married.

And for men in particular, a divorce with children can end up being a crushingly expensive and lopsided event.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Replacements streaming across the border...North American Union replaces the USA which isn't really a place just an experiment that was inspirational and filled with possibilities while it lasted...

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I am chasing after women. Let's see if any of them agree that a women's place in society is to keep the house clean and raise the children.

I know plenty of women that choosed a career over a family now they are all depressed because they do not have a family.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:
If anyone is still wondering why the southern border is open hopefully, this clears that up.
View Quote
Look, you don't seriously expect our billionaires to be forced to pay a living wage to their employees?  What kind of monster are you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 8nbait:

View Quote

GD's collective outrage spikes and ethereally vanishes. It is not required to be well researched to be outraged or consistent, but it is mandatory to be the most passionate in the moment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By snubfan:

As a result of the years of lower birth rates, coupled with mass global ‘immigration’, the world as we know it, culturally, politically & religiously, is changing rapidly.

Save this thread and read it again in 35 years.
View Quote

This site will probably be illegal in 35 years.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Kids are expensive

And awesome

You don't understand. Normal people having children is what will change that, socially speaking. If you refuse to have children then you are simply making that problem worse. In nature, challenges are meant to force you to overcome them, not give up and die.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:26:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jjk] [#35]
View Quote

I saw a film about this…
Mike Judge was a prophet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#36]
If you substituted "China" for the "US" in the title and article this thread would already be 5 pages of Peter Zeihan masturbatory collapse fantasy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Look, you don't seriously expect our billionaires to be forced to pay a living wage to their employees?  What kind of monster are you?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

The employees should force the government into passing laws that require everyone to get paid the same, no matter effort or skills.

A TIG welder is no more valuable to society than an Amazon order picker. And people should need to improve their skills to get paid more, that's the big lie of the "American dream".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

That’s not exactly breaking news considering 87% of the population is stupid. Seriously, even the average person is dumb as hell.

I’ve always scored between 85-90th percentile on various exams such as IQ tests, ASVAB, SAT, CAT, etc. And I don’t even consider myself all that smart. I like to think I have an above average intelligence and common sense. But I know people who are extremely intelligent, well beyond my capabilities. And I also know people who are rather dumb.

But what I’ve come to realize the older I get is that’s not a static scale or representation of the population. Someone who’s 50th percentile isn’t necessarily just “average” intelligence. They are simply the median intelligence. Big difference. Someone with average intelligence is probably around the 80th percentile. And that leaves a whole lot of people that are really fucking stupid.

And they vote and breed just like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Not surprising with what American girls look like these days.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#40]
But stupid people are still breeding like rabbits
View Quote
So are our enemies.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#41]
If you substituted "China" for the "US" in the title and article this thread would already be 5 pages of Peter Zeihan masturbatory collapse fantasy.
View Quote

The End of the World is Just the Beginning

No nation will be spared the collapse of Bretton woods, but the US will be the best off die to geography, fracking, a superlative military, and the ability to import any needed skills at will from the rest of the worlds population.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I wouldn't be surprised if all forms of birth control, and abortions are outlawed in my lifetime.  No babies = no future nation for the rulers to rule over.  

There is a conversation that needs to happen on the top of society that nobody wants to have.  The little people that work for a living dont have much say in this, we only respond to the environment we live in.  And this environment is less that fruitful.  Equilibrium will always be found.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jjk:

I saw a film about this…
Mike Judge was a prophet.
View Quote

Yes!

A terrifying documentary to watch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:32:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighPlains1911] [#44]
Originally Posted By 8nbait:

View Quote

Oh shit thanks for the reminder though!

Clot shots, abortion,  inflation, and fur babies are the  things I choose to blame.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:33:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#45]
View Quote

China as shitty as it is doesn’t have DEI mandates and illegals flooding over their border to contend with in addition to birth rate issues
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Meat3rz:
I wouldn't be surprised if all forms of birth control, and abortions are outlawed in my lifetime.  No babies = no future nation for the rulers to rule over.  

There is a conversation that needs to happen on the top of society that nobody wants to have.  The little people that work for a living dont have much say in this, we only respond to the environment we live in.  And this environment is less that fruitful.  Equilibrium will always be found.
View Quote

Wait are you saying the implementation and subsequent denial of RvW are geopolitical moves?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HighPlains1911:

Oh shit thanks for the reminder though!

Clot shots, abortion,  inflation, and fur babies are the  things I choose to blame.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:37:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hamiltbl2] [#48]
View Quote

I hope you aren’t serious.

Our entire economy is based on population growth. It has to be maintained or it will fail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

The End of the World is Just the Beginning

No nation will be spared the collapse of Bretton woods, but the US will be the best off die to geography, fracking, a superlative military, and the ability to import any needed skills at will from the rest of the worlds population.
View Quote
The irony is that two of those things you list are doubtful due to the last one.  We've been importing foreign labor for the past 50 years and the result has been a government which is actively trying to destroy our oil industry and undermining the combat effectiveness of our military.

Experience has shown that Raul from Guatemala or Mbenze from Tanzania aren't going to do much other than lower blue collar wages while illegally voting for Democrats.  Even Pradeshni the engineer from Mumbai will show his appreciation of his H-1B visa by voting for the politicians who made it possible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Who wants to knock up some American broad this day and age. They will divorce you, take your kids and at least half your shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top