BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same situation, but my bill went up 10-20%. A bunch of individual item process went up all at once.

It will be your turn soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did my weekly grocery shopping yesterday. My bill ($141) was right in the average of what it's been for the last 4 months (130-155). Single dude who buys the same general items every week.
Same situation, but my bill went up 10-20%. A bunch of individual item process went up all at once.

It will be your turn soon.

Prices ebb and flow.  Sales come and go.  Deals pop up.  One can also consider substitution options if the savings are there.  Buy cheap, stack deep.  We eat from our "pantry", unless a crazy deal pops up.

Our overall food spend has been fairly consistent for the last 5 years.  I shop sales and deals pretty aggressively and watch my unit prices.  I buy very little from Costco and other places that tend to have higher average/regular prices.

I guess I'm just an outlier when it comes to data...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Will leftists care?  Nope.  They will still vote for FJB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I lived it.

+1 and it sucked
Will it arrive before the election? Doubtful.

Will leftists care?  Nope.  They will still vote for FJB.

I can tell you a fact many Ds voted for RR based on the Carter economy alone.
It's hard to describe just how fdup things were under Carter is you didn't live through it as a working individual at the time.
The level of unemployment, large numbers of people on food stamps, some sections of industry completely shut down and no end in sight.
The issues were too big to be ignored by the MSM of the day which was aligned with the Ds even then.

If that level of economic disaster was at play during the next election the Ds would be screwed.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ain't that a peach.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
no shit...who in their right mind would have thought handing out direct payments to citizens, making everyone not work was going to be a great idea. You basically made the demand curve go parabolic and smashed the supply curve.

I swear we have some of the most fucking stupid people running this country.
View Quote

Obviously you didn’t care about grandma or fat people’s well being.

For the record my 84 year old grandmother allegedly had Covid after a positive test, she was just fine. So much stupidity over a cold.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank Congress, the last president and the current president for encouraging shutting down the economy for over a year, spending, spending and continuing spending ($ printing).
View Quote

Trump and Biden did not shut down the economy for over a year. The states did it on their own. A few states stayed open and they are doing better off than the ones that shut down. Biden is still an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[Deleted]
View Quote

I was just thinking he may want to take a break from MSM.  Clearly well-spoken but there is a major disconnect there.  In all likelihood he is in the top 5% economic class and is not feeling the food/gasoline/utilities bill like so many others are.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
4 years ago i budgeted $125/wk for groceries

i now budget $175/wk and it goes over more times than not

my goddamned pay remains unchanged...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah. I lived it.
View Quote

Ditto.  It was unpleasant.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The worst scenario is low growth, high interest rates and persistently high inflation.

I’ve gotten two quotes recently.  One for dock work.  The other for a septic tank replacement.

Both said do it now or in a year or so it could be 50% higher.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gonna be hard to be the next Reagan from a jail cell
View Quote

you trolls are so cute

Join date post count membership status.  It's almost like they think we can't read because they can't read
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rampant inflation in food and bills causes people to cut back on expendable enjoyments.
There was a grocery store food price increase just last week.
OM baloney was 2 packs for $5 now $6.
Lunchables $3 to $3.18
are just two examples.
View Quote

Yep. We definitely don't go out or eat as much anymore.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#14]
On a positive note we just imported 8 million workers with lower expectations for a living wage....oh wait...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top