60? I hope to God it's a B team minus.
View Quote

BM gets it
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Probably why Johnson did what he did.

We are about to go to war in the Middle East, Ukraine, or both.
View Quote
Let's not forget Taiwan for the trifecta.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DarkLordVader:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkLordVader:
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Probably why Johnson did what he did.

We are about to go to war in the Middle East, Ukraine, or both.

We're not going to war in the Middle East.  Maybe some airstrikes and special forces raids against the Houthis, but we're not going to commit troops to fight Iran.  Most likely not Taiwan either, unless Xi is totally insane.  Ukraine...I doubt it.  But it's the likeliest of the three.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure the faded one is at the head of the line with ideas on how to win.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:41:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#9]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
WTF, is this Ukraine day in GD?
View All Quotes

OP posts a lot of Ukraine threads. I mentioned this and someone commented and showed I had posted 8. A few weeks ago I counted OP's and he had posted 16.

That person never responded, but it's kind of funny.

Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
I'm sure the faded one is at the head of the line with ideas on how to win.

Please tag me next time, @fadedsun or @cincAFUGD @cincUAFGD also works

My philosophy on this is a lot closer to Trump than Biden.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young "Ohio"
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Thunderclap Newman - Something In The Air
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:30:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#12]
View All Quotes

Rule 8.

The Rules

1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."

2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."

3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."

7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."

8. "Keep the pressure on."

9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."

10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."

11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative."

12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."

13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
When this aid package fails, and the Ukes are still getting fucked hard..

The Uke bros will be demanding we move in to save them. Just remember this when it happens...

They just can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:34:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#14]
Originally Posted By Commando223:
With all the Ukrainian flag wavers in Washington I'm surprised we don't have 200k+ troops over there already
View All Quotes
With all the Ukrainian flag wavers in Washington I'm surprised we don't have 200k+ troops over there already

By that same token the TXNG and TXSG should have tens of thousands of volunteers and swell with the numbers of new guys.

Did that happen?

Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:
Lol....so, when the "embassy" is hypersonic'd, we can cry wolf and attack Russia like Iran attacked Israel...its all so tiresome...

Use Skype...surely the consultants have internet ?

I don't think we are putting our Embassy near a school, mall, apartment houses, or a train station.

Originally Posted By ThreadKiller:

The Uke bros will be demanding we move in to save them. Just remember this when it happens...

So you're saying the aid package won't get pass the senate?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
So you're saying the aid package won't get pass the senate?
View Quote

No. Of course not. I am saying when it fails to get results. When it falls short of winning the war. You will be advocating to send US troops when the Ukes are on the ropes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#16]

No. Of course not. I am saying when it fails to get results. When it falls short of winning the war. You will be advocating to send US troops when the Ukes are on the ropes.
View Quote

What are the defined results of the aid package?

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:

That was my thought when I heard the word advisors.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
Hello Vietnam

Same here.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Hello Vietnam

Same here.  
https://media2.giphy.com/media/46gvKZIeHwQrS/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952xke547hw7fsy5uzqis7diu7clfvd2kcks8k29g6y&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Y'all guys DO remember that the advisors went to Vietnam sixty years ago, right?  And that we've had advisors in dozens of other countries since, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#20]
no .mil should be in Ukraine, not our war.

We can advise from nearby countries.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Y'all guys DO remember that the advisors went to Vietnam sixty years ago, right?  And that we've had advisors in dozens of other countries since, right?
View All Quotes
Hello Vietnam

Same here.  
https://media2.giphy.com/media/46gvKZIeHwQrS/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952xke547hw7fsy5uzqis7diu7clfvd2kcks8k29g6y&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

this is true, but ukraine has a lot of similarities to vietnam. one significant issue is we cant support ukraine using us weapons in significant ways to attack roosha. because nukes (i assume). like we couldnt support troops invading the north because it would make chyna come into the war. roosha has shown that it doesnt care about sending its troops into the meat grinder, they are not running out of ammo, they are producing more and ukraine is stuck in a stalemate. there is no reason for pootin to give up. what happens if it become obvious that urkaine cannot win? what happens if the advisors start getting killed? ukraine is a tar baby.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I often wonder about that myself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

No.   Actually the whole point was to KEEP IT from ever getting to this point.

WAY MORE aid earlier would have helped.  But we dragged our feet.

Delay the long range missiles.  Delay the aircraft.  Delay the ADA.  Delay the cluster munitions.  Etc

We are here now because of FAILURE to do more — sooner.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

this is true, but ukraine has a lot of similarities to vietnam. one significant issue is we cant support ukraine using us weapons in significant ways to attack roosha. because nukes (i assume). like we couldnt support troops invading the north because it would make chyna come into the war. roosha has shown that it doesnt care about sending its troops into the meat grinder, they are not running out of ammo, they are producing more and ukraine is stuck in a stalemate. there is no reason for pootin to give up. what happens if it become obvious that urkaine cannot win? what happens if the advisors start getting killed? ukraine is a tar baby.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By st0newall:
Hello Vietnam

Same here.  

Vietnam was totally different.  We could send troops to South Vietnam and fight the invaders from the north with American soldiers.  We can't fight the Russians directly because it's the Russians themselves invading.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:34:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OregonShooter] [#25]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Delay the long range missiles.  Delay the aircraft.  Delay the ADA.  Delay the cluster munitions.  Etc

View Quote

Your right.  During the Olympics we should have given them a dozen patriot batteries then a couple dozen F16 aircraft. But they didn't know how to fly them so fuck it have totally not American Advisors fly them from bases in Poland...

Biden could publicly declare a no fly zone  over them for safety.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EastWest:

Both Woodrow Wilson and LBJ pretended they didn't want war until after they were safely re-elected.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#27]
GOOOOOOD MOOOORRRNING UKRAINE! Doesn't have the same ring to it, and WW3's sound track is gonna suck anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

View Quote

Had trump been elected this entire situation would not be the case.

There would have been a completely more
Effective and speedily run aid campaign
And Most Importantly 90% of the opposed people here in “conservative circles” would be pro Ukraine because it would be “our guy” in office
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Unfortunately, we can't send all the prisoners in the United States serving life to fight for Ukraine. After two years don't they get citizenship?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
That's how it always starts.  We should make .mil service a condition of citizenship.
View Quote

wut...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#31]
View Quote
Send him to the front line as an advisor
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Give them nukes.

Explain how they will nuke the grain fields, destroy nuke plants and burn the country to the ground before they let Russia have it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Ukraine. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.

The reactionary shit here is sometimes unbelievable. I thought gun owners were the stoic and calm bedrock of masculinity. I guess there is some pearl clutching, catastrophizing dudes here too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By scrolledandtabbed:
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Ukraine. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.

The reactionary shit here is sometimes unbelievable. I thought gun owners were the stoic and calm bedrock of masculinity. I guess there is some pearl clutching, catastrophizing dudes here too.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Basqueguy545] [#35]
Attachment Attached File

Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Afghanistan. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Iraq. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Vietnam. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Korea. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Basqueguy545:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Afghanistan. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Iraq. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Vietnam. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.
Guys chill the fuck out. We have “combat advisors” in dozens and dozens of countries. And there are already some in Korea. It doesn’t mean Vietnam.

View Quote

We didn't send combat advisors initially into Iraq or Vietnam. Those were invasions my dude. Nobody got in front of the press and said "its just military advisors, we're not escalating".

The guys in Ukraine are not engaging in combat. They are special operations but they are literally hanging around the embassy making sure people are safe and assisting with the aid flowing in. Read the article.

We literally have special operations in dozens of countries as advisors. It doesn't mean the government is setting us up for war.

OHMYGOD GREEN BERETS IN ECUADOR! They're dragging us into war!

Oh piss oh fuck Marines in Africa! It must be war!

That damn Biden! Army Rangers are getting dragged into war with..... Italy?

I am not an expert on a lot of things - but on this one I am as close to knowing the ground truth as you're going to get. I get it you guys don't like Biden. Not many do, and for damn good reason. But just, choose the right battles, man.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By scrolledandtabbed:

We didn't send combat advisors initially into Iraq or Vietnam. Those were invasions my dude. Nobody got in front of the press and said "its just military advisors, we're not escalating".

The guys in Ukraine are not engaging in combat. They are special operations but they are literally hanging around the embassy making sure people are safe and assisting with the aid flowing in. Read the article.

We literally have special operations in dozens of countries as advisors. It doesn't mean the government is setting us up for war.

OHMYGOD GREEN BERETS IN ECUADOR! They're dragging us into war!
https://d1ldvf68ux039x.cloudfront.net/thumbs/photos/2206/7249023/1000w_q95.jpg

Oh piss oh fuck Marines in Africa! It must be war!
https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/archetype/CE24EO7GRRDWFJVT7IQWSC3HC4.jpg

That damn Biden! Army Rangers are getting dragged into war with..... Italy?
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/PEH15X/us-soldiers-with-the-75th-ranger-regiment-and-italian-special-forces-conduct-a-training-raid-at-the-hohenfels-training-area-germany-during-exercise-swift-response-15-aug-26-2015-swift-response-15-is-the-us-armys-largest-combined-airborne-training-event-in-europe-since-the-end-of-the-cold-war-more-than-4800-service-members-from-11-nato-nations-including-bulgaria-france-germany-greece-italy-the-netherlands-poland-portugal-spain-the-united-kingdom-and-the-united-states-will-take-part-in-the-exercise-on-training-areas-in-bulgaria-germany-italy-and-romania-aug-17-sept-PEH15X.jpg

I am not an expert on a lot of things - but on this one I am as close to knowing the ground truth as you're going to get. I get it you guys don't like Biden. Not many do, and for damn good reason. But just, choose the right battles, man.
https://i.imgur.com/kgnb6W5.jpg
View Quote

Unfortunately, you're asking too much.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Advisors you say?

18Z50…..I sort of an advisor myself.
View Quote

Isn't there a new "advisor" MOS.  They have their own color beret?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Mike Johnson says he's seen the briefing and we muat win the current thing wars.

My question...the same briefings they were giving out over the 4 trillion war in Afghanistan...that we juat walked away from?

These people only know lies and death
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:
Mike Johnson says he's seen the briefing and we muat win the current thing wars.

My question...the same briefings they were giving out over the 4 trillion war in Afghanistan...that we juat walked away from?

These people only know lies and death
View Quote

You, umm...DO realize that Afghanistan stretched out over four presidential administrations and a shitload of different congresses?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah I can see were this is going

Time to start saving bottle caps
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:55:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Early Southeast Asia vibes coming in strong. What’s going to be the next “Fortunate Son” song for WWIII? Something by Taylor Swift?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Just as I predicted!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sketti:
Just as I predicted!
View Quote

60 advisers are an army?

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#47]
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Advisors you say?

18Z50…..I sort of an advisor myself.

It’s called SFAB.

It’s not a mos. It just takes all the maneuver, combat support, support mos and makes a team that mirrors SF task org.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#48]

60 advisers are an army?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sketti:
Just as I predicted!

60 advisers are an army?

If they say there’s 60 advisors then there’s probably a 120+ “boots on the ground”.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Actiondiver] [#49]
Remember when we seized Japan's assets because they attacked French territory called Indo-China & soon after embargoed them of oil because we needed money due to the Great Depression? Then they got all pissy & bombed Pearl Harbor & we acted like it was a surprise so we could get support to enter WW2?

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-says-it-may-downgrade-ties-with-us-if-its-assets-are-confiscated-2024-04-25/
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Last time the US did this, they got their asses handed to them🙄
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top