Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 10:27:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake]
A guy apparently paid $4200 just for instructions on how to get to Moldova on an inflatable mattress

First 20 seconds of Warleaks

?? Ukraine War Update - Russia Captures Leopard 2 • MRAP Cope Cage Overkill • HIMARS Back In Town

Full Story

Ukraine says it caught a man trying to escape the country by paddling on an inflatable mattress to Moldova

Ukraine's border service said on Wednesday that it caught a man attempting to cross into Moldova by "swimming" on an inflatable mattress in the Dniester River.

The State Border Service released footage of the 39-year-old man lying on his stomach atop the mattress and paddling through the water with his arms.

He was fully clothed, wearing a hoodie, long pants, and a pair of sneakers while carrying a backpack.

Law enforcement agents spotted him with a drone, then reached the man by boat and detained him, the border service said in a statement.

Border officials said the unnamed Dnipro resident had contacted a person on a messaging app who coordinated his attempted crossing for about $4,200.

The border service said the money was for instructions on using the mattress and how to store a mobile phone and spare clothes.

The man had already paid half of the money in advance, authorities added.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:36:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FuriousYachtsman] [#1]
Welcome to Ukranian Navy SEALs, Comrade.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
For just $5000 more, he could have bought my instructions that included a small trolling motor.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Nobody wants to be the one that dies the day before the peace agreement. The early patriotism of kicking Russia completely out days are gone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MeInMediocrity:
For just $5000 more, he could have bought my instructions that included a small trolling motor.  
View Quote

He's not the first to try this, but the craziest part of this story for me is that he paid someone thousands of dollars for them to send them instructions telling him "buy an air mattress, dress warm, bring extra clothes"
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
Welcome to Ukranian Navy SEALs, Comrade.
View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Back to the meat grinder you go!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure there's a war tourist who'd take his place, right?

Maybe some of the slava ukraini guys from GD?

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would he be escaping if they are winning?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
sissy
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: madmacs69] [#10]
Doesn't Moldova also have a 2yr national service requirement?

ETA 1yr apparently.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:
View Quote

Maybe he's a Russian sympathiser?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#12]
lol If the dude spent 4k on "instructions" to cross into Moldova, you know he's gonna step on a fucking petal mine as soon as he gets to the front.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]
“I would have liked to have seen my 40th birthday.”

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Ukraine wins by not losing. This is day 793 of the special two day operation, which Putin can stop at any time by just going home.

It is deeply concerning that this man could fall victim to Russian propaganda despite being handed a once in a lifetime opportunity to cripple a long time foe of the US, and help France and the UK teach Russia that imperialism will not be tolerated, without any loss of life in the west.

If this can happen to Ukrainians, the very target of Putin's vicious attack on democracy, then it can happen to all of us. This is why everyone is calling for more safeguards against disinformation on social media.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

He's not the first to try this, but the craziest part of this story for me is that he paid someone thousands of dollars for them to send them instructions telling him "buy an air mattress, dress warm, bring extra clothes"
View Quote

The funny thing is, Zelensky is probably the one selling the instructions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
Back to the meat grinder you go!
View Quote

To
The
Last
Ukrainian
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
But Ukraine is winning, they just need a few more trillion
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

Ukraine wins by not losing. This is day 793 of the special two day operation, which Putin can stop at any time by just going home.

It is deeply concerning that this man could fall victim to Russian propaganda despite being handed a once in a lifetime opportunity to cripple a long time foe of the US, and help France and the UK teach Russia that imperialism will not be tolerated, without any loss of life in the west.

If this can happen to Ukrainians, the very target of Putin's vicious attack on democracy, then it can happen to all of us. This is why everyone is calling for more safeguards against disinformation on social media.

View Quote

So send another billion or ten? Will that fix everything and really show Putin who's in charge?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#20]
There's always dancing with the stars if the Illuminati has your back...or something a little lower...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I would think that $4200 in the right hands would be enough to buy a medical waiver.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#22]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:

So send another billion or ten? Will that fix everything and really show Putin who's in charge?
View Quote

Was being sarcastic but it is pretty sick that they know Ukraine won't "win" the war, the billions are just to maximize the amount of theft and victims at this point

The western leaders behind this would see the classic trolley ethics dillema, and advocate  for packing  as many people on the tracks as possible to slow down the trolley
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#23]
Originally Posted By -Abyss-:
I would think that $4200 in the right hands would be enough to buy a medical waiver.
View Quote

It was a couple years ago but right now Ukraine is really hurting for men. All the Western tech provided may not help Ukraine if they can't get warm bodies to the front

A big topic of discussion right now in Ukraine is a new law which just passed essentially denying consular services for draft dodgers abroad IE better hope your passport isn't about to expire

It's incredibly unpopular domestically but as an outsider I think it seems pretty reasonable to me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/restrictions-consular-services-ukrainians-germany-221700293.html

On April 23, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba confirmed military-age male Ukrainian citizens abroad will no longer be able to obtain or renew passports and travel documents abroad, unless they intend to return to Ukraine. The move is aimed at broadening the pool of potential military recruits, given Kyiv’s urgent need for additional manpower.

On April 24, Ukraine’s parliamentary National Security and Intelligence Committee announced it intends to summon Foreign Ministry officials to explain the legal basis for these restrictions.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
You know its bad when Western media is publishing stuff like this.  Hey wait a minute I thought Ukraine has only suffered 36,000 killed.   Oh yeh Russia has had 3 million killed.  

How thousands of Ukrainian men are trying to dodge the conflict | Ukraine War
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Maybe he's a normie that has no desire to die for the European shopper dream.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
lol If the dude spent 4k on "instructions" to cross into Moldova, you know he's gonna step on a fucking petal mine as soon as he gets to the front.
View Quote

That could be the reason for the $4000 price tag. Directions to get through the minefield.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top