Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 5:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _Nataraja_]
Trying to avoid GD madness, and this seemed like the place. For you guys who don't skip leg day and have biggerish legs, along with a somewhat normal waist size for your height, what specific pants (brand/model) are working for you?

I don't feel like my legs are even that big, I just measured my thighs and I'm at 27" without any pump. Waist is around 35" depending on where I actually measure, so I wear either a 34 or 36 depending on brand, and height is 73.5". I'd like a pair of pants with an athletic fit, comfortable to do athletic things in (run, jump, etc) without having to pull them up so far with a belt that I end up with a mooseknuckle (like my issued BDU bottoms do, which it's about high time I replaced after 20 years.) Bonus points for $200 or less, although if Crye or like brand is my only option, I guess that's ok.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a super buff guy but my crye pants are THE most comfortable pants I've ever owned.
Second to those are the UF Pro pants.
You can sometimes find used in good condition crye's on ebay for a fair price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I like vertx. I don’t wear cargo style stuff anymore unless I’m going to the woods or something.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Lapg Atlas pants are very breathable and quick drying, but they are baggy. I wear them for work and all outdoor activities.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix] [#4]
Originally Posted By _Nataraja_:
Trying to avoid GD madness, and this seemed like the place. For you guys who don't skip leg day and have biggerish legs, along with a somewhat normal waist size for your height, what specific pants (brand/model) are working for you?

I don't feel like my legs are even that big, I just measured my thighs and I'm at 27" without any pump. Waist is around 35" depending on where I actually measure, so I wear either a 34 or 36 depending on brand, and height is 73.5". I'd like a pair of pants with an athletic fit, comfortable to do athletic things in (run, jump, etc) without having to pull them up so far with a belt that I end up with a mooseknuckle (like my issued BDU bottoms do, which it's about high time I replaced after 20 years.) Bonus points for $200 or less, although if Crye or like brand is my only option, I guess that's ok.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I like KUHL pants for personal use.

I live in Hawaii and wear carhartt seconds denims daily for work.  I "HATE" carrying crap in cargo pockets (chafing!).  I also hate paying more than $30 for basic pants.

Crye are amazing, but, they are damned expensive if you are buying them out of pocket.  I personally would avoid eBay as there are a TON of knockoffs out there.

Also do you need/want: Lightweight?  Weather proof?  Long wearing?  Ventilated?  Flame Resistance?  Static resistant?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
I'm not a super buff guy but my crye pants are THE most comfortable pants I've ever owned.
Second to those are the UF Pro pants.
You can sometimes find used in good condition crye's on ebay for a fair price.
View Quote

UF Pro are great. I think mine were $225 a few years ago.

Kuhls are good as well but not stretchy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:

Also do you need/want: Lightweight?  Weather proof?  Long wearing?  Ventilated?  Flame Resistance?  Static resistant?
View Quote

Good point! Lightweight and COOL. Sorry, I live in the desert Southwest.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:53:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#7]
Wrangler ATG synthetic might suit you.

For some reason the models online make them look goofy, but if you are athletic they look really good, and you can do pretty much anything in them, good flex and light. I have about 10 pair now and it's all I wear to work in the summer.

TSC used to carry them so you might be able to try a pair on in person.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Wrangler ATG synthetic might suit you.

For some reason the models online make them look goofy, but if you are athletic they look really good, and you can do pretty much anything in them, good flex and light. I have about 10 pair now and it's all I wear to work in the summer.

TSC used to carry them so you might be able to try a pair on in person.
View Quote

Great tip, thank you. I have to go to TSC for something else unrelated so hopefully I can check them out while I'm there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top