Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 9:30:52 PM EDT
Thoughts?
Just started the first episode.
Can these people be redeemed?
I think the lack of self control and abstract thought say no.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Halfway through the last episode right now. I won't ruin anything, but there's some genuinely surprising moments as well as the predictable moments. It seems like the older inmates have a much easier time abiding by the rules and trying to keep things going smoothly than the young kids do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The local county just agreed to give the proceeds from that show back because they didn't obtain permission first.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kanati:
The local county just agreed to give the proceeds from that show back because they didn't obtain permission first.
View Quote

Whoopsie daisies
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HandtoHandWombat:
Halfway through the last episode right now. I won't ruin anything, but there's some genuinely surprising moments as well as the predictable moments. It seems like the older inmates have a much easier time abiding by the rules and trying to keep things going smoothly than the young kids do.
View Quote

It's always like that in prison.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I think that patterns life as well.  Criminal deviance declines as age goes up.  Recidivism is higher among younger people and declines with age, too. (That might be redundant or I said the same thing twice.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Convicts will tell you the new breed is out of control and just don't listen.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:48:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#7]
View Quote

"Aging out" is not exactly a revelation. Remember the young African elephant problem? Same thing. Young + stupid + raging hormones is a thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Military service reflects the same thing.

The longer you serve, the more ingrained into the culture.

Also, you have more to lose if you make a mistake longer into your career.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The behavior difference between the age groups is pretty stark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top