Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2024 5:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavVet]
Went from Yamaha receiver Polk speakers to Polk signa2 sound bar. Bought the Polk during the move, always expected to go back to the Yamaha. Lived loved the room adjustable surround and loved the Polk speakers.

Well, I like the clean lol to the sound bar and love the no wires. But I want my surround back. And I'm a Polk fan

Anybody run the POLK AUDIO MagniFi Max AX SR?

It gets me my surround and wireless.

If you have a suggestion on something different I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sonos is what you seek.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:00:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Meerkatze] [#2]
Samsung HW-Q990C soundbar system, but I also like the Yamaha Aventage RX-A2A for a conventional home theater receiver.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Update

Moved the Polk signa2 sound bar with sub to the bedroom. Placed the sub between two dressers. Man it sounds so much better in the bedroom, smaller space and the sub really pounds compared to the wide open family room

It was bought for the apartment (while we house hunted), was way overworked in the open air family room, but performs very well in a much smaller area

I think this is a great value lower cost sound bar with a week performing sub, within it's limitations for listening area

To replace it I bought the POLK AUDIO MagniFi Max AX SR for the family room, and it has great crystal clear sound, and if all no wires.

It also has no room centering capability or balance controls. There is a one sweet spot in the room and no place else. My chair being on one side, I hear more of the speaker behind/beside me then anything else. Music sounds great coming through them, but helicopters don't fly through the room they come and go from one speaker. I love the wireless, but regret the purchase.

I rate that system DON'T BUY

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top