Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2023 9:31:16 AM EDT
So I’ve been toying with the VA on different disability issues and recently got denied. A vet friend of mine says I should definitely be getting compensated and said to try an attorney instead. I used Texas Vets in the past and some reps were hood, others didn’t want to work. DAV wouldn’t return my calls. My friend said he also had mixed results with both and he went to an atty.
Does anybody know or has used a VA disability atty that does good work?
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Though I can not recommend anyone specifically in Texas, I can point you to a site where you can find an attorney.  Check out martindale.com. As someone in the legal field, we use this site to find specialized attorneys for specific cases. There are both peer and client reviews, so you should be able to find a decent attorney within a reasonable distance of where you are located. As for your claim, I would advise that you review the conditions that you have been awarded as service-connected disabilities and then look at the conditions that are unawarded and see how you can link them as secondary conditions to those that you have been awarded (i.e., tinnitus leads to migraines).

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I handed everything over to Berry Law in Nebraska. They have an entire team that does nothing but VA stuff.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.elrodlegal.com/about

He is not just my friend, he is my attorney too. Went to OBC with him. He is very much good to go.

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:27:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scar811] [#4]
Thank you all for the responses.
I appreciate the new resources.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I didnt have good luck with some orgs and after years of much frustration I reached out to Oklahoma DAV and they were amazing, organized appts for me in no time and got the ball rolling.

You should try Texas DAV  For me, it was much easier being able to go in and speak with a live person face to face.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
OP, I didnt have good luck with some orgs and after years of much frustration I reached out to Oklahoma DAV and they were amazing, organized appts for me in no time and got the ball rolling.

You should try Texas DAV  For me, it was much easier being able to go in and speak with a live person face to face.
View Quote

I will also recommend DAV. They have done great every time I applied for a rate increase.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Spartacus 2002 was a lawyer specializing in battling the VA. He was a vet too. Pity he isn't here to guide us on this particular subject.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard very good things about Warrior Allegiance.  My friend is currently using them for a rating increase and another friend's brother works for them and is a bulldog.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:

I will also recommend DAV. They have done great every time I applied for a rate increase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

I’ve put in several request to the Texas DAV website for them to contact me and nobody ever contacts me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Texas veterans commission for central Texas in Waco
800-252-8387
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
I handed everything over to Berry Law in Nebraska. They have an entire team that does nothing but VA stuff.
View Quote

I used Berry Law as well. Very Satisfied.  Got me from 60% to 100% P&T in less than 8 months....
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you looked into it yourself? I used DAV and they were a useless shit show. I reached out to the American Legion, and got little to no response. Decided to do it myself. Did my research, asked around, and won several claims and appeals.

A lawyer is the easy route, if you don't mind losing a cut. But if you have some time and are willing to apply some elbow grease, depending on the claim, you might be able to DIY.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Gilly:
I've heard very good things about Warrior Allegiance.  My friend is currently using them for a rating increase and another friend's brother works for them and is a bulldog.
View Quote

I used them and got 10% for tinnitus.  Trying to get something for a precancerous cyst on my bladder that I think links to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.

Yes, they took a cut but I was getting 0 before.  I reckon a dedicated attorney with expertise is also good but they  take a cut as well, takes money to make money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top