BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 6:05:19 PM EDT
What a 4th round!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching now. Even my wife is getting into it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn it Denny.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Watched a little.

Those freaks hitting 9 irons on that 193 yard par 3.

WTF?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That wedge chunked into the water was brutal.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Was that a fake injury to get in the other guys head.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
Was that a fake injury to get in the other guys head.
View Quote

Iirc he ran to the medical tent after Denny laid the sod over it.

I'm happy for Akdhay. it was weird with him running over to get taped up during a playoff, but at least they were quick about it.

That was one gutty 9 holes from McCarthy.  Hats off to 8 birdies coming in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think Bhatia faked anything.  His shoulder has dislocated in the past.  Apparently this time it popped right back in but was painful.  Although pretty odd getting treatment during a round (I was not even sure it was within the rules but I guess it is), I didn't read much into it because McCarthy had already hit it into the creek and was then hitting 5 from the fairway.  

Bhatia's trainer only took a couple of minutes to tape him up but it was still something I've never seen.  I could not believe it when McCarthy hit it fat into the water but the guy can sure putt, shot 28 on the back nine.  

1.6 million to Akshay and 1 million to Denny, good weekend for both and their caddies.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
I don't think Bhatia faked anything.  His shoulder has dislocated in the past.  Apparently this time it popped right back in but was painful.  Although pretty odd getting treatment during a round (I was not even sure it was within the rules but I guess it is), I didn't read much into it because McCarthy had already hit it into the creek and was then hitting 5 from the fairway.  

Bhatia's trainer only took a couple of minutes to tape him up but it was still something I've never seen.  I could not believe it when McCarthy hit it fat into the water but the guy can sure putt, shot 28 on the back nine.  

1.6 million to Akshay and 1 million to Denny, good weekend for both and their caddies.
View Quote

I don’t think he faked anything, either.

I had a 3 year stretch playing hockey as a kid when my kneecap would randomly pop out. It always popped right back in place.

It would hurt like hell when it happened, feel shitty for a few days, then it would be fine until it happened again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I am glad he won. I always root for fellow lefty’s
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

Watched a little.

Those freaks hitting 9 irons on that 193 yard par 3.

WTF?
View Quote

The USGA might have a point on the ball rollback, when it comes to pros.  And their 9-irons are around 42-44°, too.  Lot of ball speed.  The Trackman PGA average distance chart probably needs to be updated, lol.

8 birdies on the back 9 is ridiculous.  Especially on a course where most pros were carding 68-71.  Bummer he didn't win.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top