Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2023 10:18:34 PM EDT
I am a newcomer to the AR-15.com forums..

I am also a Past Master of Tuckahoe #347 AF & AF Masonic Lodge here in Richmond, Virginia.  I was raised on March 25, 2010 and it was an experience I will always remember.  I followed in the footsteps of many others before me, and I helped raise others to become Master Masons.  It is such an honor that will last a lifetime!

With that said, I have read some, inquisitive, some negative, comments by fellow AR-15 members.  Let me explain Freemasonry in layman's terms, okay?

Freemasonry:
It's historically a view or speculative look back at the stone masons who built King Solomon's Temple back around 900BC.
Jesus did not exist back then (obviously).
Everything discussed within lodge is from the Old Testament.
1st Degree - Entered Apprentice.  Basically, you are in grade school, learning the ways of a Mason.
2nd Degree - Fellowcraft.  Basically, you are in middle school, and have learned enough, but not enough to get by.
3rd Degree - Master Mason.  Basically, you are in high school, and/or heading to college, and have learned enough to carry you through life.
You can pursue it further within the Scottish Rite and York Rite, etc... and go all the way up to the 32nd Degree.

Wor. Butch Ammon
PM, Tuckahoe #347, 2015

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:01:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome. You know the new guy buys, right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome. I too am a Past Master and current Secretary, Matt #694, F&AM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top