Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2022 8:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JRZYson]
Some of you know me already and many of you knew my dad. For my background, I'm 100% T&P through VA. I worked for the Vet Center for a number of years working with Combat theater Veterans doing Outreach work with the mobile vet center. Was even chosen to work inside the perimeter at Trumps Innauguration.

After that I was offered a position as County director of Veterans affairs and became a VSO.
Not to pat myself on the back but I got really good at it, mainly because I gave a shit.

So if anyone here needs advice or help with claims, I'm always around. Since I left the county, I'm no longer accredited so can't file for you, but happy to help you along doing research for your claims and helping with VA wording and understanding of the M21-1 and 38 CFR.

ALL FREE OF COURSE!!

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. I'm subscribing to this post for possible future reference.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not work with a veterans organization also?

Keep the certification?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
A good friend and purple heart recipient from battle for Ramadi is working on an organization now. I will get accredited through him because I knkw the soul purpose is to help vets.

Just tired of the beurocratic bullshit that goes along with the major organizations.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got denied for my latest request, so I may reach out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Can I submit both a new claim and try to increase an existing disability at the same time?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag

And thanks for what you do!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smokingloon:
Can I submit both a new claim and try to increase an existing disability at the same time?
View Quote

You can. File your new claim and a supplemental claim on your current condition.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Migraine secondary to tinnitus. Not a fan of my vso so I’m going to do it myself. Do I need to do anything special to file a secondary claim?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MUNG:
Migraine secondary to tinnitus. Not a fan of my vso so I’m going to do it myself. Do I need to do anything special to file a secondary claim?
View Quote

The usual, except instead of a nexus to your service, you need a nexus to your tinnitus.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JRZYson:
Some of you know me already and many of you knew my dad. For my background, I'm 100% T&P through VA. I worked for the Vet Center for a number of years working with Combat theater Veterans doing Outreach work with the mobile vet center. Was even chosen to work inside the perimeter at Trumps Innauguration.

After that I was offered a position as County director of Veterans affairs and became a VSO.
Not to pat myself on the back but I got really good at it, mainly because I gave a shit.

So if anyone here needs advice or help with claims, I'm always around. Since I left the county, I'm no longer accredited so can't file for you, but happy to help you along doing research for your claims and helping with VA wording and understanding of the M21-1 and 38 CFR.

ALL FREE OF COURSE!!

View Quote

I’m completely locked out of my VA.gov and the phone customer service is absolutely awful when it comes to wait time. Can you help?

Nick
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My claim was put in "preparation for decision" on Jan 9. I've called and they told me nothing else is needed and they just need to "review the evidence make the decision." How long does this part of the process generally take? I've read 30ish days, is that right?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been retired for 10 years now, and still haven't gotten around to file my disability stuff. If the issues one would have complained about are no longer recurring issues, how should one generally handle that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a long question any way we can chat on the phone ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#14]
OP hasn't posted since 11/28/2022 so he's probably ghosted.

There are definitely folks around that can lend some advice though, where it would be helpful. Best advice is always find a GOOD VSO... not all VSOs are the same.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7point62] [#15]
Welcome to the Arfcoms.

Sending a PM shortly
Maybe you can assist me with some of my needs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#16]
OST for obvious reasons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top