Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2023 10:34:28 AM EDT
Does anyone have any suggestions for cigars in Dublin Ireland? I'm planning on making a trip over there and curious what's a good place to go and maybe have a drink and cigar? Still in the planning stages of the trip, but trying to get a few places nailed down before looking into hotels, etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Would love to go over there and spend 2 weeks seeing stuff, adventuring and experiencing the culture and traditions.

We have a couple of friends that are over there right now. Not sure how long, hopefully they really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
Does anyone have any suggestions for cigars in Dublin Ireland? I'm planning on making a trip over there and curious what's a good place to go and maybe have a drink and cigar? Still in the planning stages of the trip, but trying to get a few places nailed down before looking into hotels, etc.
View Quote

In ‘96, my family and I went over to Ireland for the ND/Navy game in Dublin.

I bought a box of Cuban H.Upman Petit Coronas at a tobacco store called Fox(x), which had been in business for a hundred years.

They’re in the UK, as well, I believe.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Visit the guiness factory.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mmamonster:
View Quote

Dublin is a great town to walk around in. +1 for the Guinness brewery with a pint at the top. Also recommend the Jameson distillery. St. Patrick's Cathedral. Have a drink at the Brazen Head - that spot has been a watering hole for almost 1000 yrs. The Book of Kells and the library itself at Trinity College. The Irish Whiskey Museum...I could go on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shoresy:

Dublin is a great town to walk around in. +1 for the Guinness brewery with a pint at the top. Also recommend the Jameson distillery. St. Patrick's Cathedral. Have a drink at the Brazen Head - that spot has been a watering hole for almost 1000 yrs. The Book of Kells and the library itself at Trinity College. The Irish Whiskey Museum...I could go on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shoresy:
Originally Posted By Mmamonster:

Yep, I have Guinness, Jameson, Brazen, St Pat's and more on my list already. Might have time for Teeling Distillery.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

I bought a box of Cuban H.Upman Petit Coronas at a tobacco store called Fox(x), which had been in business for a hundred years.

Chris
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

Chris

Yep, I saw the James Fox store in a quick search. I hope I can check them out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

@DirtyHandsRob

Update on trip? Have u gone yet?

James J Fox would be on my bucket list.

Even if you aren’t a pipe smoker I’d go to the Peterson pipe store also.

Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RustyKnifeUSMC:

@DirtyHandsRob

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RustyKnifeUSMC:

@DirtyHandsRob

Nope. We are thinking mid-July. I did some preliminary research but nothing is set or finalized.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ-AR15] [#9]
I'm going the first 2 weeks in June.  Can't speak much about cigars over there, but I do intend to visit the Peterson pipe factory/store.  I've heard if you give them plenty of advanced notice, they'll show you around the factory.

Also, Aer Lingus offers direct flights to Dublin from Denver every Friday (not sure if that is very relevant to your location, but just fyi).  You might want to start your plans sooner since July is peak tourist season.  Also, start booking stays now.  Easy to cancel and rebook with zero fees if you see better deals.

Edit: if you got the coin and want to fly first class, book in economy first, then upgrade.  Will save you a few hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The mrs has decreed that Ireland is probably the next vacation trip I’m paying for.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Plane tickets bought

Hotel room booked
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Plane tickets bought

Hotel room booked
View Quote

Awesome!

Keep us updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top