Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2023 10:25:34 PM EDT
Bought a new Vizio 85" TV at Sam's.

Replaced a 45" Sony TV that I have had for years.

Wow, what a difference it makes, in both sound and picture quality.

It also has a lot of Vizio channels online, and a whole lot of apps and such.

Really glad I spent the money and upgraded.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
TV is still 1080i max.  Are you watching some other source?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: baxt3r] [#3]

@bharney

What kind of mount did you go with?  Any concerns about the weight?

My projector is giving up the ghost after 12 years and I'm thinking the least painful way to replace it is an LED TV instead of a new projector and all of the setup headaches that come with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

@bharney

What kind of mount did you go with?  Any concerns about the weight?

My projector is giving up the ghost after 12 years and I'm thinking the least painful way to replace it is an LED TV instead of a new projector and all of the setup headaches that come with it.
View Quote
LED TVs are exceptionally light, compared to older sets. Check the weight in the specs, and choose your mount accordingly. Secure the mount to studs, and you'll have no worries.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
This site has extrememly comprehensive scientific testing of TVs

That being said, modern TVs have gotten really good overall. But getting the full potential out of them isn't as simple anymore. The quality of your HDMI start to matter with 4k/60fps content, especially if the cable run is more than 6' long. You also have HDCP compatibility issues, where everything in the chain from source to display need to be HDCP certified. Then you have your streaming services, which won't let you stream full resolution content if you don't use approved apps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top