Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2024 10:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: reb0957]
Attachment Attached File

I have a Vantage 3000 winch on a new to me 2016 Rubicon. I can't leave well enough alone and decied to paint all the racks and the front bumper. I was also going to change the steel cable to syn rope.
Evidently, they never cleaned under the bike or did electrical maintenance. The electrical terminal on the motor screw into it. The posts themselves are so corroded I cant leave them like that. Anyone know where I can get those 2 posts. They come on the new motor kit but can't find then anywhere.
Anyone know where I can snag them? Its the post circled in blue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried contacting Warn directly? They rebuild and service up in Portland so they probably have the parts you need.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on it. Was trying to get it ordered ASAP! Crazy that you can't find that online. You figure that gets a lot of neglect being behind the bumper, the winch and up against the frame. No one local had it either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you think the part is called?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Try your local alternator repair shop. That’s where I have mine checked out every couple of years and let him go through it and repair and lube it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
Try your local alternator repair shop. That's where I have mine checked out every couple of years and let him go through it and repair and lube it.
View Quote
I haven't been to one of those in years. Everything is disposable or you trade in a core at O'Reilly. My grandpa forced me to help him rebuild everything to a point of economic stupidity. All of those ancient tractor generators, alternators, starters, had to rebuilt. Just did a quick google search, we have 1 left that does small parts and 1 industrial place left.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zamboni_driver] [#6]
I used this place for parts for my M8000

https://www.montanajacks.com/collections/warn-vantage-3000-winch-parts

Edit - That is really too small of a winch for your Jeep
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zamboni_driver:
I used this place for parts for my M8000

https://www.montanajacks.com/collections/warn-vantage-3000-winch-parts

Edit - That is really too small of a winch for your Jeep
View Quote

I’m thinking he has a Honda Rubicon four wheeler but my first thought was like yours damn that’s a small winch for a jeep
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Prepare yourself for despair when you buy parts from Warn.

I just bought a new controller box for my XP 9.5, which is not a cheap winch, and it was $350.

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Warm doesn’t even have a part number for them.

https://www.warn.com/Attachment/DownloadFile?downloadId=1952

Buy a new winch if you don’t like the current condition. Otherwise find a stud and make it work I guess.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
My OP did say no one cleaned under the bike. LOL
Anyway, Warn got back with me and said by a whole new motor we don't sell the posts. They told me to go to montanajacks and that blew my mind when WARN has a store on AMAZON. There are 2 seals on that contact post and the outer one is corroded and the inner is torn. I went around to a couple of alternator starter repair places ( I should have called) they were all closed. Went to an industrial one and they laughed at the size.
New motor is ordered and I am pissed. I could have just used an all thread but if I ever get it wet and need it, I would be screwed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By reb0957:
My OP did say no one cleaned under the bike. LOL
Anyway, Warn got back with me and said by a whole new motor we don't sell the posts. They told me to go to montanajacks and that blew my mind when WARN has a store on AMAZON. There are 2 seals on that contact post and the outer one is corroded and the inner is torn. I went around to a couple of alternator starter repair places ( I should have called) they were all closed. Went to an industrial one and they laughed at the size.
New motor is ordered and I am pissed. I could have just used an all thread but if I ever get it wet and need it, I would be screwed.
View Quote

That sucks! It’s a wonder Amazon didn’t have it. I ordered a tip over switch the other day for an oil heater for like six bucks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]

That sucks! It's a wonder Amazon didn't have it. I ordered a tip over switch the other day for an oil heater for like six bucks.
View Quote
The posts are the motor? I couldn't find the posts anywhere. They do appear to be all threads with the rubber seal on the threads and a crush gasket of some sort on the outside. Amazon had the motor for $93, just really sucks that is what to be done for a corroded screw. And the whole purpose of the bike is to get it muddy, I'll err on the side of caution and get the motor with a sealed post.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The posts are the motor? I couldn't find the posts anywhere. They do appear to be all threads with the rubber seal on the threads and a crush gasket of some sort on the outside. Amazon had the motor for $93, just really sucks that is what to be done for a corroded screw. And the whole purpose of the bike is to get it muddy, I'll err on the side of caution and get the motor with a sealed post.
View Quote

You couldn’t just clean them up with a wire brush?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I used Amazon and eBay if you have the part number.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That sucks! It's a wonder Amazon didn't have it. I ordered a tip over switch the other day for an oil heater for like six bucks.

The post. I know sometimes you have to search by the measurements. I would run by the local UTV dealer and see if they have a used starter they would let you rob a bolt and gasket from. Then have a spare motor on hand. Who knows they might have a burned out wench you could talk them out of.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]

The post. I know sometimes you have to search by the measurements. I would run by the local UTV dealer and see if they have a used starter they would let you rob a bolt and gasket from. Then have a spare motor on hand. Who knows they might have a burned out wench you could talk them out of.
View Quote

If OP doesn’t like spending money on an old ATV, a burned out wench is the last thing he can afford.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

If OP doesn't like spending money on an old ATV, a burned out wench is the last thing he can afford.
View Quote
At one time my town was the hub of repairing everything in the oilfield. it blew me away the place my grandpa and I brought every electrical tractor part was closed and there are no new ones. There is one industrial place left and they laughed at the size of the contact.
I had an all thread in my hand and the good post from the opposite side of the motor. I just new if I put it in without both seals, when I really needed it, it would fail. All because I was to cheap to do it with the right parts. The contact was so corroded I had to cut the nut off to free the wire and redo that connection. Amazingly, the wire itself wasn't corroded inside.
I haven't had a bike or needed one in years. I started looking at 2020 and newer. Some of these people were posting their mudding vids as part of sales pitch. I knew I wanted a Rubicon with a manual shift and NO snorkel. This one popped up without a snorkel and $3k lower than anything else I had looked at because it was a 2016. Rode it around their property and everything functioned properly. But me being me, I dropped all the skid plates cleaned everything. Brought it to Honda and had all the fluids changed, tuned up, valves & clutch adjusted and gone through completely. Then I looked at racks(stock) and buffed all that shit and painted. In the process of removing the front bumper to paint it, I had to remove the winch and found that post. I am fixing to put StrongMade racks front and rear. I will bring it to the local custom guy to clean up the battery box. They didn't trim any wires, they just balled all that up in there. I am going to have him run a SAE lead to power my chemical sprayer while it is there.
The boy and I took the bike out for Mardi Gras and just ran the snot out of it for 2 hours to see if anything else was wrong. It was all good! I'll post pics after I get racks on. I wish I would have taken pics of how little maintenance was ever done on the bike. I get that it is a tool but all my shit gets put up clean.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

I have a Vantage 3000 winch on a new to me 2016 Rubicon.
View Quote

OP....that size of winch will be worthless on a trail if you get stuck.

For moving a tree out of the way, or recovering an ATV....it will be OK.

For recovering a yourself....or another vehicle, you'll need a minimum of an 8000lb winch.

And get the other accessories required for proper recovery....some 4 ton D shackles...short/long straps with a 4 ton rating and have proper anchor points on your rig.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc:

OP....that size of winch will be worthless on a trail if you get stuck.

For moving a tree out of the way, or recovering an ATV....it will be OK.

For recovering a yourself....or another vehicle, you'll need a minimum of an 8000lb winch.

And get the other accessories required for proper recovery....some 4 ton D shackles...short/long straps with a 4 ton rating and have proper anchor points on your rig.

View Quote
It is for a Honda Rubicon, not a Jeep Rubicon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top