Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2024 1:28:32 AM EDT
March

Got  an orientation slot lined up with a decent company. Was looking at a dedicated run here in the west, but have to go OTR through the training/probationary period, before I get it. Thats "If" it's still available on the other side. Wish me luck! Might need it
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Slow down with all the details, man
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, I lasted 3 months pulling reefers before I figured out that kind of money and that lifestyle wasn't for me. I got hooked up with a crane company hauling crane parts and rigging starting out at more than double the pay I was going to make OTR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

Slow down with all the details, man
View Quote
Lol not much more too it really

10 years low pay doing local class B

Not having too much left in me health wise, going to try and make a little more money while I can.

Not tied down with family so being gone isnt a problem, as long as the pay is good.

Signed on with a company that does mainly Refer in the West/Midwest. They also have dedicated runs I am more interested in, but will have to do 3-4 months OTR before I can start one of those.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Good luck, I lasted 3 months pulling reefers before I figured out that kind of money and that lifestyle wasn't for me. I got hooked up with a crane company hauling crane parts and rigging starting out at more than double the pay I was going to make OTR.
View Quote
Was told to expect $65k on a dedicated, or $85k on an OTR route. This co does mainly refer work. Goal is two years on a dedicated route. But will see how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Lol not much more too it really

10 years low pay doing local class B

Not having too much left in me health wise, going to try and make a little more money while I can.

Not tied down with family so being gone isnt a problem, as long as the pay is good.

Signed on with a company that does mainly Refer in the West/Midwest. They also have dedicated runs I am more interested in, but will have to do 3-4 months OTR before I can start one of those.
View Quote

What you mean not too much left in you health wise? Refer all drop'n hook.....lumper or you fingerprinting the freight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK dedicated runs are drop n swap.

my health isnt getting any better, and I am tired of the DOT bullshit. And its only going to get worse. They are already pushing for a 130/80 bp limit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top