Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2023 5:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2]
Since Johnson Bro’s took over distribution of Sazerac in our area they use an algorithm of sales to select what stores get what bottles.
Now our local Mega Saver gas stations - who admittedly sell more Fireball than anyone - are receiving MOST of  the highly allocated items. Bad part is they are price gouging. Not as bad as some secondary prices but gone are the days of $125 bottle G.T. Stagg to be found if you did your due diligence.
Now we are stuck with the regular stores that are holding raffles. So there’s a chance to still get something but it’s slim.

Going to have to step up my game for sweet talking the liquor Managers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Flat out bribes work... :-)
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been going on for over 10 years. Those bottles are just status symbols anyway.

Good news is there’s so much damn bourbon out there now and we’re heading into (I think) a huge surplus and prices will start to come down.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rocco123:
This has been going on for over 10 years. Those bottles are just status symbols anyway.

Good news is there’s so much damn bourbon out there now and we’re heading into (I think) a huge surplus and prices will start to come down.
View Quote

Can’t deny the flood of bourbon into the market. What I’m seeing, though, is the low-tier “collector” like me is fully stocked with regular shelf items and now only looking for allocated products. So there’s a big demand for that, and supply is still short. Although I am seeing secondary prices starting to come down a bit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Since Johnson Bro’s took over distribution of Sazerac in our area they use an algorithm of sales to select what stores get what bottles.
Now our local Mega Saver gas stations - who admittedly sell more Fireball than anyone - are receiving MOST of  the highly allocated items. Bad part is they are price gouging. Not as bad as some secondary prices but gone are the days of $125 bottle G.T. Stagg to be found if you did your due diligence.
Now we are stuck with the regular stores that are holding raffles. So there’s a chance to still get something but it’s slim.

Going to have to step up my game for sweet talking the liquor Managers.
View Quote

Same thing has happened here....... There is a dump liquor store downtown that has EH Taylor, Weller, Blantons, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace. They are asking $75 for the Buffalo, Everything else starts at $125.00 and goes up from there PRICE GOUGING at its best. It's ALL still there since this store only sells a ton of low end crap to the area.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm learning that being in my area (East TN) there is pretty much a lockdown on getting any of the good stuff unless you pay big.. Either you are in with a local liquor store or you go to these scalper liquor stores or flippers and pay 3-4 times or more for it. Since TN doesn't allow grocery stores to sell liquor and the pricing isn't state regulated AND you can't have liquor delivered to you, we're kinda screwed. But every now and then there are a couple of stores that will put out buffalo trace, eagle rare and maybe EH Taylor. But again, that's maybe once a year. very frustrating.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
There are only 2 stores in my area that regularly have anything allocated.
They price gouge. Full secondary price if not higher.
Bottle of Van Winkle Reserve Lot B is about $1200 on secondary. Dude has it priced at $3000!.
Blanton's Original Single Barrel is about $180 on secondary.  Priced at $350.
Plus they regular stuff is about 4 or 5 dollars higher than most of the other stores in the area.
I saw that the last time I was there and vowed to never go back.

I don't mind them making some money, but I'm getting to the point where I hope they choke on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the party pal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top