Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2023 5:50:42 PM EDT

Some of you may remember my truck shut down at speed, in the rain, in a construction zone for no apparent reason.  This was disconcerting.

The parts switchers in the shop couldn't figure it out because the computer couldn't tell them what was wrong.

I may have found a clue.

This is an intermittent thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
the ignition switch?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
the ignition switch?
View Quote

Well, it stands to reason that if it runs without it it might not run with it.  We'll see what the ship says on Friday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Huh.    Interesting.  

How did you shut the truck off?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It figures out there's no key some random short time later and shuts off.

Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a truck do that on me downtown Milwaukee. Turns out that the paper clip Penske put in the coolant over flow tank fell out and put the truck out of service. Couple calls later and a new paper clip and back on the road. Paper clip jumped the low coolant sensor that was faulty.

Bet all those cars I run off the road changing lanes would have liked to know what was up. 6 lanes of traffic, still in the middle lane when the air alarm starts to go off. With a shut down engine sure was fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top