Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2024 6:15:45 PM EDT
Was standing in front of the FBO about 20 minutes ago and saw all the fire trucks and Air Ops vehicles hauling ass, lights on headed North.
Tower had all aircraft on final for 34R and 35 go around.
A Delta aircraft was stopped on the ramp in the center of the airport, away from all the other aircraft.
Fire trucks and Ops followed it to the West side of the airport.
Bomb threat, maybe?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Hot brakes would be my first guess.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was a bomb threat, the aircraft is parked as far away from structures and aircraft.

I would concur with the guess about hot brakes (or some other mechanical issue).
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onesureshot] [#3]
Engine issue as he tried to take off, quick stop, hot brakes. Runway check by FD to make sure gear were ok, then returned to gate for maintenance.

(Was part of the alert response) Edit to add, by "part" I mean it was initially mis-dispatched as an Alert 3, so we started to scramble more EMS resources. I was not on the ramp, but started heading towards the airport as the EMS Supervisor before it got downgraded to a nothing burger.

It was an Airbus so it won't make the news as they can only pounce on anything Boeing related right now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top