Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2024 9:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FredMan]
Grab from that Pensacola air show  low altitude flyby, I noticed all the guys with the white long lenses on the pier have these brackets to hold their phones for video capture. Looks Like they attach to the cam body?

Never even heard of this. Is it now a thing for the IG/FB/X crowd?

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Smart phone adapter for spotting scope?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hillcountry:
Smart phone adapter for spotting scope?
View Quote

Don’t think so. Every guy with better gear in the video was sporting one of those things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen that for sale or in use, and I thought I was the gadget king.
Attached to the flash shoe?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:49:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#4]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
I have seen that for sale or in use, and I thought I was the gadget king.
Attached to the flash shoe?
View Quote

Yup.  I did that with my iPhone before I got a GoPro.  Lets you get video while running the camera.  My $20 DIY solution is easy.  It's ugly as hell, but works.

Amazon Product
  • All Metal Phone Holder for Portrait Mode (Vertical) or Landscape Mode (Horizontal).The FIRST All Metal Phone Mount with Cold Shoe Mount for Vertical Shooting!!!The mobile phone clip size is \ud83c\udf382.6-3.7 inch\ud83c\udf38.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably guys recording their shooting settings so they can include those videos in their Youtube videos.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Grendel-OK:
Probably guys recording their shooting settings so they can include those videos in their Youtube videos.
View Quote

Good thought.
I worked with a guy who used to combine (non-digital days so it was a chore) his photos with an accompanying wide angle view to illustrate his choices in selecting a photo. Picture in a picture as it were.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top