Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Yeah there's a lot more bad men out there than one in 50,000.
Criminal records and sex offender registry should make that a pretty easy hypothesis to prove, the amount of men that would do harm to a woman or even a man for that matter in the woods if they were totally alone with no witnesses and had full ability to do what they wanted is a lot higher than one in 50,000.

The good news is most of those violent criminally-minded Men aren't likely to be found in the woods, they're more likely to be found on city streets where they're a little more limited with what they can get away with..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Originally Posted By xd341:
But it's not 1 in 100 it's 1 in 100,000 or 50,000.  That's the entire point. If you encountered 10K bears in the wild, you'd get eaten. We have ole timmy what's his name as proof.  He didn't get to 10K bears, got eaten, he was an idiot that took his idiot girlfriend down with him. She, ironically, chose the man, still got eaten by the bear. Sometimes you can't win.

That makes bears more dangerous by a factor of 5 or 10, ya know as long as we are making shit up. So in a pure random situation you'd have better odds choosing the random man. But men are somehow more dangerous.

It's not true, we all know it's not true, but there is a point that is trying to be made. Men are bad, worse than bears even.  The problem is the point that is really being made is that women are emotional and illogical and probably shouldn't be trusted with life or death decisions.   That's not right, it's not fair or good for women.  Yet here we are.

memetic warfare achievement unlocked....."own goal"

Ehh.... it's probably closer to 1 in 100.  

Criminal records and sex offender registry should make that a pretty easy hypothesis to prove, the amount of men that would do harm to a woman or even a man for that matter in the woods if they were totally alone with no witnesses and had full ability to do what they wanted is a lot higher than one in 50,000.

The good news is most of those violent criminally-minded Men aren't likely to be found in the woods, they're more likely to be found on city streets where they're a little more limited with what they can get away with..

I personally know 2 guys that are on lists because they dated a 17 year old girl when they were 18. I'm guessing the same goes for other statistics. There are so many laws now that we are all criminals.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point, it can't be "not getting it".  She has picked her hill, and will die upon it, probably eaten by a bear.

Part of me respects it, part of me doesn't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RC03:

I just knew you wouldn't get it...

Slow it down and think...

The OTHER women,  are talking about each other's fathers, husbands and sons.

You know, like yours.

That's the kind of shit those people are spreading.  Pretty disgusting, isn't it?
At this point, it can't be "not getting it".  She has picked her hill, and will die upon it, probably eaten by a bear.

Part of me respects it, part of me doesn't.

Me waiting around on the livestreams of the bear encounters.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naamah] [#3]

You know, like yours.

That's the kind of shit those people are spreading.  Pretty disgusting, isn't it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naamah:
Originally Posted By Veccio:

The percentage of each doesn't matter. Only the worst case scenarios.
Ok. That's the deal right there. That's an emotionally driven response.  That's my cave diving, I get that.  That's an irrational fear. Not that it's irrational to be afraid of being held hostage in a crazy persons dungeon, it's irrational because it's out of proportion to the actual risk.

That's the point I've been trying to make.  That's legit, it's understandable, but it's not factual or logical. It doesn't have to be, but it's important that we all recognize it for what it is.  

Except that's not irrational. There are thousands of women raped and murdered every year while going about their daily activities. Millions, if you start counting worldwide totals.

And given the choice between two horrible possibilities, women are choosing the one that seems less horrible to them. Are there emotions involved? Sure. Logic too. But in no way is it irrational.
Thousands of men are raped and murdered every year too but they aren't going to choose the bear even though statistically bears kill fewer people.

Women are choosing what SEEMS less horrible based on an emotional illogical scenario. There's nothing logical about going 'hurr durr I choose to be with a bear', especially when the people saying it have to be terribly naive to believe it in the first place.

The funny part is this; After they take their turn on Facebook (or whatever the fuck platform (apparently arfcom now) grandstanding about picking the bear. They will eventually realize the "random men" the other grandstanding women are talking about are their own fathers,  husbands and sons.

Except they aren’t. You’re choosing to turn it into that based on your own emotions over hearing that women consider the worst a bear can do to be preferable to the worst a man can do, but that doesn’t mean they’re saying what you’re taking from it.

Of course some number of them have probably been molested by their fathers or brothers, so they may be factoring them into the equation.

You know, like yours.

Some random woman has no reason to inherently trust my father, brother, or son. They don’t know them from Adam. Just like I don’t know their fathers, brothers, or sons. Every bad guy out there is for sure someone’s son, possibly someone’s brother or father. Being a father, brother, or son doesn’t exclude someone from being a bad guy. I know my male relatives are good guys, because I know them. I have a lifetime of experience with them. Some random woman doesn’t, and it doesn’t bother me a bit if they don’t want to be alone with them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Some random woman has no reason to inherently trust my father, brother, or son. They don’t know them from Adam. Just like I don’t know their fathers, brothers, or sons. Every bad guy out there is for sure someone’s son, possibly someone’s brother or father. Being a father, brother, or son doesn’t exclude someone from being a bad guy. I know my male relatives are good guys, because I know them. I have a lifetime of experience with them. Some random woman doesn’t, and it doesn’t bother me a bit if they don’t want to be alone with them.
View All Quotes

Ok. That's the deal right there. That's an emotionally driven response.  That's my cave diving, I get that.  That's an irrational fear. Not that it's irrational to be afraid of being held hostage in a crazy persons dungeon, it's irrational because it's out of proportion to the actual risk.

That's the point I've been trying to make.  That's legit, it's understandable, but it's not factual or logical. It doesn't have to be, but it's important that we all recognize it for what it is.  

Except that's not irrational. There are thousands of women raped and murdered every year while going about their daily activities. Millions, if you start counting worldwide totals.

And given the choice between two horrible possibilities, women are choosing the one that seems less horrible to them. Are there emotions involved? Sure. Logic too. But in no way is it irrational.
Thousands of men are raped and murdered every year too but they aren't going to choose the bear even though statistically bears kill fewer people.

Women are choosing what SEEMS less horrible based on an emotional illogical scenario. There's nothing logical about going 'hurr durr I choose to be with a bear', especially when the people saying it have to be terribly naive to believe it in the first place.

The funny part is this; After they take their turn on Facebook (or whatever the fuck platform (apparently arfcom now) grandstanding about picking the bear. They will eventually realize the "random men" the other grandstanding women are talking about are their own fathers,  husbands and sons.

Except they aren’t. You’re choosing to turn it into that based on your own emotions over hearing that women consider the worst a bear can do to be preferable to the worst a man can do, but that doesn’t mean they’re saying what you’re taking from it.

Of course some number of them have probably been molested by their fathers or brothers, so they may be factoring them into the equation.

You know, like yours.

I honestly can't take you seriously at this point.  

Good day to you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]

About 500,000 murders annually in the world, and ~250,000 reported rapes in 65 countries. Of course, those countries where there are the most rapes are drastically underreported (and incidentally not included in the statistics either) due to the severe consequences raped women face (honor killings and such).

I think I have a pretty good handle on things, thanks.
View Quote

How many of those acts are men against women strangers?

This is out of 8 billion people...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
All she has to do is nag the man and he’ll run away.
View Quote

The bear also. But the bear would probably run away first.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#7]
Lol another fantasy built upon Disney-esque delusions about nature.

Choose the bear- no skin off my nose.

I choose the young, attractive, mentally healthy female over the obese, man hating head case.

I reproduce, you become a cat lady until you die a lonely death, and never realize it’s the product of your choices.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Good day to you.
View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Do…do you automatically trust someone because they are a son? Or a brother? Or a father?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#9]

About 500,000 murders annually in the world, and ~250,000 reported rapes in 65 countries. Of course, those countries where there are the most rapes are drastically underreported (and incidentally not included in the statistics either) due to the severe consequences raped women face (honor killings and such).

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Except that’s not irrational. There are thousands of women raped and murdered every year while going about their daily activities. Millions, if you start counting worldwide totals.

I think the number of men raping or murdering strangers is way higher in your head than it is in real life and that is the root of the problem.

Except you won’t answer if you’d get in a car with a woman vs. a man.

😂. FYI I have been called a white knight in arf threads previously.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Do…do you automatically trust someone because they are a son? Or a brother? Or a father?
View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Do…do you automatically trust someone because they are a daughter? Or a sister? Or a mother?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
White man is dog to his woman. When she gets tired, he puts down his tomahawk to feed her laziness.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Good day to you.
View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

She argues just to argue (in bad faith) as many modern/progressive women do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Do…do you automatically trust someone because they are a daughter? Or a sister? Or a mother?
View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Nope. People are shady AF.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

She argues just to argue (in bad faith) as many modern/progressive women do.
View Quote

I don't think so. Men and women generally view these things VERY differently.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I know two daughters. One I’m inclined to trust because I know her parents.  The other one not so much; she’s kind of a loose cannon. I don’t trust my sister as far as could spit a rat. I trust my mother because I watched them close the lid on her and I followed her to the cemetery, watched them put her in ground, and fill in the grave. The cemetery is visible on Google Earth and I check now and then to make sure she hasn’t risen up out of the ground.  IOW, trust but verify.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Appreciate the answer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#18]
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:

I know two daughters. One I’m inclined to trust because I know her parents.  The other one not so much; she’s kind of a loose cannon. I don’t trust my sister as far as could spit a rat. I trust my mother because I watched them close the lid on her and I followed her to the cemetery, watched them put her in ground, and fill in the grave. The cemetery is visible on Google Earth and I check now and then to make sure she hasn’t risen up out of the ground.  IOW, trust but verify.
View All Quotes

Here’s what I know Jane, and I want to preface this by saying honestly, that I have enjoyed your posts here from the start: This entire thread’s worth of discussion is vulgar and wrong. We should honestly not even be entertaining it.

It’s bullshit, designed to keep us mistrusting each other.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Appreciate the answer.
View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Appreciate the answer.

So exactly what were you trying to pin me to?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

You know, like yours.

Good day to you.

Appreciate the answer.

A shred of logical consistency.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
Yet another proof that most modern women are insufferable cunts.   "Coexist" bumper sticker while importing misogynistic illegals from third world countries and publicly shaming the men that forged from barbarianism the civilization that protects their right to prance around in yoga paints sipping lattes with an expectation of safety and comfort from the real predators that lurk in the woods.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

What's your personal best distance for spitting a rat? Sounds very technique dependant.
View Quote
I gotta be honest, I've learned a few things in this thread, but the distance planejane can spit a rat would be by far the most interesting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

To be fair, I don’t trust anyone until I get to know them, and even then, there are levels of trust.

There are people I would trust to select ripe avocados for me, and there are people I would trust to watch my pocketbook, and there are people I would trust to watch my children. Just because I would trust someone to pick me out a ripe avocado doesn’t mean I trust them to watch my children. Very different levels of trust.

But realistically, if anyone is getting upset that the man vs. bear thing is a thing (because it sows discord and perpetuates mistrust), but they aren’t similarly speaking out when posters here call all women psychopaths and whores and children who shouldn’t have rights, I’d say they need to seriously examine how devoted they are to ending the divisiveness.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I mean, let's be honest, I'm picking the bear:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Never change, man.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Here’s what I know Jane, and I want to preface this by saying honestly, that I have enjoyed your posts here from the start: This entire thread’s worth of discussion is vulgar and wrong. We should honestly not even be entertaining it.

View Quote

I think it's a fascinating topic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

I used to think of you as one of the rare ones that had common sense and critical thinking skills. Thank you for correcting me.
View Quote

Never clicked on an abortion thread? Oof.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:
Originally Posted By Ronin72:

I used to think of you as one of the rare ones that had common sense and critical thinking skills. Thank you for correcting me.

Oh, this should be interesting.

What do you think my position on abortion is?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#31]

To be fair, I don’t trust anyone until I get to know them, and even then, there are levels of trust.

There are people I would trust to select ripe avocados for me, and there are people I would trust to watch my pocketbook, and there are people I would trust to watch my children. Just because I would trust someone to pick me out a ripe avocado doesn’t mean I trust them to watch my children. Very different levels of trust.

But realistically, if anyone is getting upset that the man vs. bear thing is a thing (because it sows discord and perpetuates mistrust), but they aren’t similarly speaking out when posters here call all women psychopaths and whores and children who shouldn’t have rights, I’d say they need to seriously examine how devoted they are to ending the divisiveness.
View All Quotes

I do agree by and large. There are those I’d trust similarly.

I’ve been called a “white knight” and other things by the male folk here in many other threads when I just keep an even keel about things gender related… The guys who call women psycho and whores have been hurt by women, and would be deserving of our pity if it weren’t for their pugnaciousness.

I sincerely hope you were not referring to me obliquely with your last paragraph. I am telling people that this discussion is irritatingly divisive and unnecessary and have also defended women (see above) when appropriate. This “bear vs. man” discussion is decidedly not a place I would ever defend women (or anyone) in.

The premise is preposterous on it’s face and we should laugh at people seriously debating it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

View All Quotes

You’re free to do so and rock on.

I think it’s an unnecessary distraction meant to keep us mistrusting each other via mental masturbation.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]

You're free to do so and rock on.

I think it's an unnecessary distraction meant to keep us mistrusting each other via mental masturbation.
View Quote
You nailed it sir.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Let's switch this up a little bit and change the venue.

Would you rather ride an elevator up 20 floors with a random man, or a random bear?

Bear in mind (chuckle) that the random man in the elevator could be just as psychotic as the random man you pictured in the woods.  

So which do you choose for your elevator companion?  If you choose the man, is it because you know there are other men nearby in the building who might come to your rescue?  They are men too.  Is it because the bear is much more powerful than the man, and you might stand a better chance of surviving a fight with the man?  Because that same logic applies in the woods as well.

I'm really interested in hearing the answer to this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#35]

I think it’s an unnecessary distraction meant to keep us mistrusting each other via mental masturbation.
View Quote

I don't understand how this is different than any other social commentary.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I gotta be honest, I've learned a few things in this thread, but the distance planejane can spit a rat would be by far the most interesting.
View All Quotes

What's your personal best distance for spitting a rat? Sounds very technique dependant.

I hate to disappoint you boys, it’s just a figure of speech intended to convey an inexpressibly short distance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

Would you rather ride an elevator up 20 floors with a random man, or a random bear?

Bear in mind (chuckle) that the random man in the elevator could be just as psychotic as the random man you pictured in the woods.  

So which do you choose for your elevator companion?  If you choose the man, is it because you know there are other men nearby in the building who might come to your rescue?  They are men too.  Is it because the bear is much more powerful than the man, and you might stand a better chance of surviving a fight with the man?  Because that same logic applies in the woods as well.

View Quote

You consider being confined to a space the size of an elevator with a bear to be the same as being in the same woods?

The most interesting thing about this thread is seeing how people interpret a scenario that offers little in terms of explicit detail.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

You consider being confined to a space the size of an elevator with a bear to be the same as being in the same woods?

The most interesting thing about this thread is seeing how people interpret a scenario that offers little in terms of explicit detail.
View All Quotes

Yet we saw who was broadcasting it to make it viral.  And we know the agenda.  This is a straight up toxic masculinity, men are bad, woke leftist, division sewing, thought nugget.  Some fall for it, others don't.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Pregnant women are statistically the worst.  Just under a million kill their own offspring, while all additional intentional homicides are less than 25 thousand.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:21:33 AM EDT
[#42]

I personally know 2 guys that are on lists because they dated a 17 year old girl when they were 18. I'm guessing the same goes for other statistics. There are so many laws now that we are all criminals.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
But it's not 1 in 100 it's 1 in 100,000 or 50,000.  That's the entire point. If you encountered 10K bears in the wild, you'd get eaten. We have ole timmy what's his name as proof.  He didn't get to 10K bears, got eaten, he was an idiot that took his idiot girlfriend down with him. She, ironically, chose the man, still got eaten by the bear. Sometimes you can't win.

That makes bears more dangerous by a factor of 5 or 10, ya know as long as we are making shit up. So in a pure random situation you'd have better odds choosing the random man. But men are somehow more dangerous.

It's not true, we all know it's not true, but there is a point that is trying to be made. Men are bad, worse than bears even.  The problem is the point that is really being made is that women are emotional and illogical and probably shouldn't be trusted with life or death decisions.   That's not right, it's not fair or good for women.  Yet here we are.

memetic warfare achievement unlocked....."own goal"

Ehh.... it's probably closer to 1 in 100.  

I get that but I am talking about real criminals. 17 and 18 won't do it in most states, but I don't doubt you either I know it will in some.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

This is an interesting change of venue vs the woods. And I think picking the average man should be the obvious answer for all but a few completely batshit insane women.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
Retarded feminist/leftist shit, near as I can gather. Something about women would rather be alone in the woods with a bear than a man, I think is what I've gathered without really looking into it.
View Quote

That's exactly what it is. Combination of fear, sexism and inability to understand statistics. "There are more sexual assaults than bear attacks so I'd be safer with a bear"
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#45]

I hate to disappoint you boys, it's just a figure of speech intended to convey an inexpressibly short distance.
View Quote
No, we get it.

It's still the most interesting part of this thread.

I'd actually never heard that one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:33:19 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
I hate to break it to you but if there is no proximity standard.....you're pretty much always in the woods with bears
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#47]

I'm not coming to that rescue.
"Help, there's a bear in the elevator!"
Yeah, right. Oldest trick in the book. That's a mugging waiting to happen.
View Quote

Bro...who hurt you?

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Unlike true social commentary, this is literally simply meant to make women mistrust men, with the reciprocal “bitches be crazy” from the MGTOW crowd, of which we have a sizable contingent.

The fact this wasn’t laughed out of here on page one is kind of sad.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#49]
No, we get it.

It's still the most interesting part of this thread.

I'd actually never heard that one.
View Quote

It’s certainly not original. I’m not that creative.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By winxlite:

Pregnant women are statistically the worst.  Just under a million kill their own offspring, while all additional intentional homicides are less than 25 thousand.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By winxlite:

Puts it into perspective.
Page / 15
Top Top