Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2024 1:58:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta]
currently , my project is getting the garden ready for planting, and 150’ of raised beds filled as well. To accomplish this, im hauling free fresh cow shit from my neighbors barn a mile to our garden. I’d estimate I hauled at least 5 tons yesterday and will haul approx 30-40 tons over the next week using my tractor and 16’ trailer.  

my garden / plants will LOVE it though, should be able to turn the garden soil black to a depth of 18” at least, as well as fill up 150’ of raised beds 150’x4’x10” deep. When I get enough I’m switching to using a manure spreader and putting it on our cow pasture. We only have 5 cows right now, neighbor has approx 200, and they shit 24/7/365.

Busy busy !

Hauled home 50 tractor scoops of cow shit today, planning to get approx 200 scoops in all.

Shit wagon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Planting
Fixing the tractor
Fixing the outdoor wifi
Getting the tiller on the tractor once I fix the tractor
Till the remaining land that I didnt do with the manual tiller
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
In the planning stages of converting the space over our garage to turn into a workshop.

Need insulation, walls, cabinets, workbench, dust collection, and lighting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My raised bed garden is already producing radishes and squash, I did just finish a rain barrel setup.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Repainting :
Both bathrooms
Three bedrooms

Installing glass tile in one bathroom
All new fixtures in both bathrooms including new shower doors in one
Repainting vanities ( see how that goes)
New flooring in three bedrooms

Outside this summer:
Redo rock and edge around pool along with new decorative plants
Add on to the patio - about a 15' x 20' section.
Widen driveway as far as I can , still waiting on the line id as I think it might be in the way.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to paint the house but before that I need to fix all the trim and rotted soffits. I also need to replace all the windows. And plant grass. And re-plumb the pool filter. And fix the smell in the master bathroom (shower is getting water behind it and smells like mildew) and I also have to remodel the 2nd bathroom. and I need to fix the kitchen counters and cabinets. and I have to trim all the trees back from the roof. and i hate this place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 99avant] [#6]
Replacing a walk in shower with a tub/shower. I’ve got 95% of the parts purchased. Just need a free weekend to get it done

Bought the house from a retired couple, but we’ve got young kids.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K2QB3] [#7]
My list is long...

I've pretty much got my garden planted now, so finishing that up.

I've been crowning roads, installing culverts, clearing ditches and spreading gravel on my access roads but that's never ending it seems.

I've got one of my ponds draining now because they built the stand pipe on the back side of the dam and it keeps filling with beaver debris so I have to rig some kind of grating. Fortunately they built a 4" drain into it so I don't need to rig a siphon.

I need to finish up the greenhouse I started last year, need to hang a door and wire it.

My pool still isn't ready to swim in, had an algae bloom when the pollen dropped.

Two of my cars need minor repair. Same two need clearcoat repair once the pollen count drops.

My tractor will be due for service in a few more hours.

If I manage to catch up on all that the next thing is going to be adding a small off-grid solar system to my big shop building for lights. It's got a generator but often all I need is a little light or to charge batteries. I need to replace the stairs in there too, they built them too steep.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Buck thorn control and building three raised garden beds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Chicken shit >> cow dung
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#10]
I gutted the horrible layout of my basement when I bought it years ago. Now building another living room, relocated the half bath and making it full bath, and putting in a bar. I have completely rewired the basement, as everything they did un permitted before was illegal.

I also built a vault.
Doing the concrete tonight for the plumbing relo. And a vault door pic just because
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife started saying she wants to paint again, so probably painting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#12]
the next task I do not look forward to is raising my 16 x 24 2 story cabin before it sinks into the ocean of Blackland prairie it's sitting on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Rebuilding my 1995 F-150 4x4.

Finished the running gear, 4” lift, all new bearings, brakes, u-joints, new 4.10 gears, new front Posi-trac, new 35” mudders, aluminum wheels.

Now I have the 314k motor out, it ran fine, but leaked like a sieve, gaskets and seals falling, freeze plugs were melting from rust and weeping.

Starting tear down to assess whether to rebuild or just put a crate motor in it.

Seems like a part time job, but I’m semi-retired, can’t see spending the cash on a newer truck, with a complete rebuild and paint & body, my old truck will be new enough for me…

Goal is running in A+ condition by next hunting season, paint & body next year.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
My gardening plans aren't ambitious as OP's, but I have been working on getting the new raised beds built. I'm having rotator cuff surgery on the 26th, so I have to get the hard work done before that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Watching my wife plant the garden and giving moral support.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Putting a 2nd Garmin livescope plus in my boat.  I can now see real time in front AND back.  This is beyond overkill but too damn fun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Filling in the moats and trenches my sh!thead dogs have dug in their fenced in back yard...
Cleaning up and organizing the garage, looking at how to expand it and and a lean too to the pole barn for our camper to park in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Finish digging out a pond and use the spoil to build up a road bed across a swampy area.
Build the berm higher at my shooting range and add more steel targets
Plant more trees and habitat improvements.
Build more ghost guns.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Building an 8x10 green house for the wife. I'll try to get some pics when I get it put up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Fixing a leak in the sprinkler system...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I gutted the horrible layout of my basement when I bought it years ago. Now building another living room, relocated the half bath and making it full bath, and putting in a bar. I have completely rewired the basement, as everything they did un permitted before was illegal.

I also built a vault.
Doing the concrete tonight for the plumbing relo. And a vault door pic just because

View Quote

You should get some help to work that concrete...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Finish the roof for the new doghouse in the kennel outside
Touch up some drywall mud in the MBR, second coat of paint, get someone in to install some carpet. At least one room in the house will be done.
Finish cleaning/prepping the fieldstone basement for some limewash
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Rebuilding an old Cub Cadet garden tractor, engine has it's guts out on the bench, frame coming
into garage for clean up and paint.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a few miles of fence and I'm currently working on one of the worst sections.

I might live to finish it all, but I doubt it
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BloodRaven] [#25]
Going to convert my desk from being on a metal frame to floating. I already have all the parts I need, I just need the time to do it. Hopefully, that's this weekend (past 2 weekends have been full of family-type stuff).

Plus I need to get started on filling in the (very) small pond in the back yard. It's man-made, so it's not big at all. It was for those big goldfish and koi. I haven't had fish for years so I need to stop procrastinating about it and fill it in. First I need to get the old liner out. But before I can do that, I need to move all the big rocks out of the way. They'll be repurposed  for a walkway I'll be putting in that leads from the back patio around to the "garden" area (it's called that because there used to be a garden in that area).

And after all that, I want to make a seating area where the pond used to be and maybe put in a fire pit. But that'll be easy.

Originally Posted By PR361:
Rebuilding my 1995 F-150 4x4.

Finished the running gear, 4” lift, all new bearings, brakes, u-joints, new 4.10 gears, new front Posi-trac, new 35” mudders, aluminum wheels.

Now I have the 314k motor out, it ran fine, but leaked like a sieve, gaskets and seals falling, freeze plugs were melting from rust and weeping.

Starting tear down to assess whether to rebuild or just put a crate motor in it.

Seems like a part time job, but I’m semi-retired, can’t see spending the cash on a newer truck, with a complete rebuild and paint & body, my old truck will be new enough for me…

Goal is running in A+ condition by next hunting season, paint & body next year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195613/IMG_3617_jpeg-3189791.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195613/IMG_3667_jpeg-3189793.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#26]

I also built a vault.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497353/PXL_20240416_155453374_jpg-3189597.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497353/PXL_20240416_183104615_jpg-3189598.JPG
View Quote

What did you give for the vault door?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#27]
Just finished the railings for the stairs to the bunkhouse.   Need to get some cross ties and build some stairs into the side of one of my hills. Need to build a small pole barn for the tractor and some tools. Need to caulk some logs that are checking on the cabin. Need to fix the basement panels on the camper. Need to straighten up the basement and move the gun stuff down to the workshop. Need to forge some tools, in particular chisels. Have a big pile of trees that got pushed over when I had a pad put in and I need to finish bucking them up. Fix the cub cadet belt and get the battery charged.  Split wood.

stairs on the bunk house.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#28]
Hauled home 50 scoops today with the shit wagon,  approx 150 scoops left to bring home. 50 scoops x approx 500lbs each = 12.5 tons of cow shit hauled today. 200 scoops should = around 50 tons of manure ( possible a lot more than 200 scoops, whew )

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Hauled home 50 scoops today with the shit wagon,  approx 150 scoops left to bring home.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/20240416_181958_jpg-3189899.JPG
View Quote

Can you tell where you got that basket on the tractor?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

What did you give for the vault door?

View Quote

I built it myself, I have about 350 bucks in the steel, just the door weighs 400lbs. Its not just steel, lets just say its filled with other materials resistant to metal cutting tools both abrasive and flame powered. The structure of the door is 1.5 inches thick.

I have built banks before, I know whats in the doors and I watched a bunch of youtube vids on safe and vault doors.

@Cpt_kirks
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

View Quote

Funny man. @rip-yataski
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Funny man. @rip-yataski
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

Funny man. @rip-yataski

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn, OP! You got me thinking about fresh 'mater and cuke sammiches.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Siding, fence, shed, and patio area.

The storm last week took out 3 of the 4 above
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]
It never ends.  

Pressure washing/soft washing the house, dock and lift dock.
Spray for spiders on the dock and boat lift roof.
Welding up shelf brackets for my display case.
Gotta build a wall bracket for my pachinko machine and hang it.
Cutting back scrub trees around perimeter of yard
Wife found a small kids playground set today on fb. Gotta set it up now.
Need to go buy a Bosch 800 series and install it.
Sand the low spots in the yard for fill in.
Spreading pre-emergent for crab grass Friday.
Pull the tritoon out of the lake and do the 300 hour maintenance and cleaning
Prep the wave runner for summer.
Spray the weeds with roundup and crossbow
Oh, and add In chauffeur for my wife for all of her post surgery doctor visits.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought a fan two years ago, and when I went to put it together about a year ago, it was missing a part.
A few months ago, I went online to see if I could order the missing part. I could.
Two weeks ago I ordered the part. It came a few days later. Today, I put the fan together.
So… that’s done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I need to replace several windows in the house.  Replacing the roof as well, I have the shingles just waiting on a lift.  Expanding the garden by another acre so I need to get that tilled up and a fence put around it. Need to get started on 12 cords of wood for 2026 winter.  My wife has a list for me too but I won’t get into that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Having my mom's new house renovated and replacing a fence at my place. Every free minute I got is on house chores.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Procrastinating.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Garden planting, landscaping, planting trees this time of year.  Also continual drainage improvements... living on the side of a mountain is interesting
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Curious about the dyno results
View Quote

GM says…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I have to do plumbing.  Ugh, I H8 plumbing.  Apparently my kitchen sink has been leaking for a while under the cabinet.  Now its a big, awful mess and I really don't want to poke my nose into it, but then I cannot ignore it either...  did I mention I hated plumbing?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#45]
2uz swap into my tacoma that I blew the motor in on the way to cwar
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Tomorrow, change out the heating elements and anode in my water heater.

Run CAT-6 for some cameras. Bunch of re-plumbing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#47]
There's so much to do.

Coming up on 18 years since the house was built and things need fixin.

Hiring someone to do it:
Sprinker irrigation in front yard needs to be overhauled.
Outside eaves, soffit, facia needs painting.
Roof & gutters need to be replaced due to a recent hail storm
Oldest HVAC needs to be replaced

Me doing it:
Upstairs needs to be painted
Downstairs paint can probably go another year
Need to straighten out the backyard fence
Replace blinds on the back door
Rip out master bathroom shower and replace it with new plumbing, walls and doors
Need to build a custom desk for my office
Need to purge a bunch of stuff in the garage

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 99avant:
Replacing a walk in shower with a tub/shower. I’ve got 95% of the parts purchased. Just need a free weekend to get it done

Bought the house from a retired couple, but we’ve got young kids.
View Quote

Opposite.

Tore out tub, surround, vanity, moved a wall, painted shit, put in a walk in shower with bench, and tiled it.  Now working on building the vanity - 3/4" baltic birch carcass with poplar face frame.  Trying to figure drawers and doors now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

Opposite.

Tore out tub, surround, vanity, moved a wall, painted shit, put in a walk in shower with bench, and tiled it.  Now working on building the vanity - 3/4" baltic birch carcass with poplar face frame.  Trying to figure drawers and doors now.
View Quote

Search on Google for drawer and cabinet door kits. You really cant build them cheaper than you can get em online once you figure your time in to it.

examples, the door place can make matching front for the drawers.
https://cabinetdoor.store/cabinet-doors/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww_iwBhApEiwAuG6ccIW11Ev_mmzDAn3p0YHF5lhgS7NQ0QoPGUXW6SzCdK5ZJ4mbIMKoiBoCX-sQAvD_BwE

https://quikdrawers.com/drawer-boxes?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww_iwBhApEiwAuG6ccLnlWzN7pkif2oQcC87Oc0T-S7ghlBEG1xPHK2fSXWrUcPof1oWbbRoCIS8QAvD_BwE
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#50]
It's a question of how many do I have going on at once

I need to rebuild the front end on my old truck, finish putting up flags, posters, collectibles in my shop, start over on my driveway after the home builder fucked it all up.

At least I finished the difficult part of my yard drain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top