User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Replaced the old cedar board and batten siding with cement shake siding on my cabin.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pdm:

Can you tell where you got that basket on the tractor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pdm:
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Hauled home 50 scoops today with the shit wagon,  approx 150 scoops left to bring home.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/20240416_181958_jpg-3189899.JPG

Can you tell where you got that basket on the tractor?

$100 Lincoln welder , scrap steel and orange paint.

It’s super useful, approx 24” x 12” x8” holds a lot of stuff, today had a large yeti style cup, 8 bottles of water, pliers, wire cutters, machete, hammer, sunscreen, phone, and a bunch of other random items.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm on year number three of I need to paint the house this year .
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Built a wet bar on the back porch. Still need to close up the lower portion with some cabinet doors.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Struggling w/a bookcase that will sit atop of an existing bookcase.   90 degree angles matter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:33:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thinning and cleaning up blow down on 20 acres of timber on steep ground that hasn't been touched in 60 years .

Not fun and you wouldn't believe the ammount of material coming off of it .
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
These threads are healthy for the site. It's nice to see us not at each others' throats.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
These threads are healthy for the site. It's nice to see us not at each others' throats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:12:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#10]
My current shit hauling project isn’t too bad, more time consuming than actually hard.

1. Drive tractor / trailer 5 minutes down the road to feeding barn.

2. Unhook trailer.

3 load trailer with 12 scoops of poop, ( approx 6500lbs ) and grab a extra scoop in bucket ( approx 600lbs ),

4 hook up trailer.

5. Drive home.

6 hook up buried crosstie to a fence post with chain.

7. Pull trailer / pulling manure off.

8. Return for another load.

I expect to haul home 50-75 tons in all. Approx 30 tons will be dumped into the garden and tilled in, around 10 tons will be mixed with manure rich farm dirt and hauled back to my house to fill up my 150’x4’x10” deep raised blackberry beds, and fertilize my other plants. The last 25-30 tons will go into a manure spreader and be applied to the pasture. Plants should all love it. Iv planted several hundred plants over the last 5 years and never had a single one die that was planted in this farm dirt, anything that did die wasn’t planted in the farm dirt. It’s good stuff.

Buddy has chicken houses and I have access to chicken shit as well, can’t get huge amounts as they use all of it on farm fields, but only need at MOST a pick up load for the garden at most, it’s really strong shit and will kill your plants if you use too much. Apply it in fall and let it soak in all winter works best.  I will be hauling manure everyday this week, expect to have it all hauled by Friday, barring bad weather. I’m exchanging working on my elderly neighbors fences for the manure, his fences needed it badly as his cows were out as often as in, roaming the neighbors yards, woods, etc. a fellow arfcommer had his cows in his front yard about everyday for years before I started fixing the fences, think the last 2 months is the longest he’s been cow free since Iv known him.

Garden should really pop this year ! . After I get the garden going good, I’ll finish up my hot tub gazebo roof then around august get started on installing my new 10kw military whole house generator, first step will be buying / bringing come a mini 10’ conex to build a generator shed out of / store the new generator in that I  recently picked up. realistically though, it probably won’t get hooked into the house until spring probably, not unless I get really lucky and can get it done before deer season, which is unlikely. Add in installing a 500 gallon propane tank around sept / oct as well as adding insulation and shelving to a garage wall and I’ll be pretty happy with my progress this year.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Our landscaping suffered through tremendous stress in the past few years.  There were days that got down to 10 degrees and even down to 0.  We had a drought last year.  Brown spot fungus tore up our St. Augustine.

We've spent at least $2 thousand on sod, edging, landscape plants, etc.

Damn.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

I built it myself, I have about 350 bucks in the steel, just the door weighs 400lbs. Its not just steel, lets just say its filled with other materials resistant to metal cutting tools both abrasive and flame powered. The structure of the door is 1.5 inches thick.

I have built banks before, I know whats in the doors and I watched a bunch of youtube vids on safe and vault doors.

@Cpt_kirks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

What did you give for the vault door?

I built it myself, I have about 350 bucks in the steel, just the door weighs 400lbs. Its not just steel, lets just say its filled with other materials resistant to metal cutting tools both abrasive and flame powered. The structure of the door is 1.5 inches thick.

I have built banks before, I know whats in the doors and I watched a bunch of youtube vids on safe and vault doors.

@Cpt_kirks

A trading post/junk place near here had two for $300 each.

They came off an Air Force base and weighed 600lbs.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wingnutx:
Tomorrow, change out the heating elements and anode in my water heater.

Run CAT-6 for some cameras. Bunch of re-plumbing.
View Quote

Needed that reminder.  Gas water heater but I kept meaning to check for sediment and check the anode.  4 years old and hooked to water softner on pretty damn hard well water.

Anode in perfect shape and no sediment

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

A trading post/junk place near here had two for $300 each.

They came off an Air Force base and weighed 600lbs.

View Quote

If you count the door frames and all the locking hardware I would assume mine is around 600lbs total.

I have read many things over the years about safe cracking and ways around it. Things like we see in the movies are just the beginning, and a lot are BS. You cant just pull the dial off to drill under it for one example. But lets say you managed to get the dial to unscrew, as soon as you pulled it out 3/8 inch hardened ball bearings would fall into the path of the dial rod (on mine ). Good luck trying to drill through that.

But 300 for a door is great price, as long as they are not just a security door, and then with good locks its still a deal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Just finished a week long crusade to fix my sprinkler system, aerate the yard and then over seed. Replaced my garage door this week as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#16]
System / memory / hard drive upgrade to a co-worker's laptop.  Laptop #4 that I've worked on in the last month for various people.

Disassembled the laptop and pulled the hard drive to make an image of it this morning, and now just waiting on parts to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Finishing the basement.

I’ve been working on it since 2015.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#18]
I'm in the process of putting together a swingset for my daughter.  Her old one, that we bought used, blew away earlier this year in a bad storm.  The new one is 90% together.  I have to dig a little bit to level the back side of it, then attach the slide, monkey bars and ladder.  I'm definitely staking this one down.

ETA:  I really thought my dad and I could knock it out in the morning.  It took us all day to get most of it put together.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Still have a few kitchen cabinets to install. Waiting for the tile guy to finish the kitchen backsplash so the range hood can be installed. Once complete I can start pulling all of kitchen stuff out of the pod, clean it and fill the cabinets. The kitchen chairs can come in so the dining room can go back together.

After that I have to go room by room in the rest of the house removing the furniture so I can pull up the old laminate floors. Once done I have start installing the new flooring. My body is not ready, especially the knees.

My Zen time aka Tractor time and food plotting will have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#20]
New treated decking for the trailer is ready to install once my husb rewires the trailer lights.

Need to buy a tractor this weekend.

Need to  hive a swarm of bees, and check on my other hive and other swarm traps.

Once tractor is here on site, there are a bunch of projects for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#21]

If you count the door frames and all the locking hardware I would assume mine is around 600lbs total.

I have read many things over the years about safe cracking and ways around it. Things like we see in the movies are just the beginning, and a lot are BS. You cant just pull the dial off to drill under it for one example. But lets say you managed to get the dial to unscrew, as soon as you pulled it out 3/8 inch hardened ball bearings would fall into the path of the dial rod (on mine ). Good luck trying to drill through that.

But 300 for a door is great price, as long as they are not just a security door, and then with good locks its still a deal.
View Quote

These were doors off commo vaults, I saw many like them in the Army.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#22]
Sixteen year old Moen "Chateau" kitchen tap control (separate from spigot) failed last night. Floppy handle, no temp control. They made the internal pivot out of plastic, and it was in four pieces when I took the tap apart. An Ace Hardware in the middle of Bumfuck had the replacement, at the cost of a range trip...
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Despite my long ass list on page one, the damned bedroom closet light ballast went tits up. I’m now dangling my fat, arthritic ass on an 8’ ladder that won’t open all the way to swap this shit out.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
All new kitchen cabinets countertop and appliances
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Rebuilding an old Krause disc

Over the winter I rebuilt the battery boxes and seat suspension on one of my older JD tractors

Rebuilt a hay rack.  Got 2 more that need new floors

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Framing is basically done just 2 2x4 short. Need to add some plywood infill in the bar to stiffen it up. Time for plumbing and finish the electrical work.

No the sucky part trying to figure out the cabinet layout for behind the bar.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#27]
Hauled approx 30 tons so far with the 16' trailer, piles of shit in about 6 locations so far,

Attachment Attached File

using a shit spreader now, spreading the rest on the pasture grass.  Only about 10 loads left. Approx 3.5 tons per load / 30 tons left.

Attachment Attached File

Using these is definitely interesting,  slings shit 50' sideways,  to the rear, vertically, etc, Just don't drive down wind, or it gets in your hair ! it doesnt really smell much as its dried out, however after spreading about 10 tons,  it rained yesterday and wind shifted towards the house and it made your eyes water then.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
300 hour service on the boat will have to be another day.  Still licking my wounds from past two days work, grands showed up and wife wanted to just go joy riding.  We didn’t even do that.  My son did show up and busted his ass buffing out the wave runner and hooked up the trickle charger pigtail to the battery for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Designing and testing this frame

Its not quite like a normal frame - easier to see on this earlier rev.

Attachment Attached File

Lots going on with working on ergonomics and materials decisions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wingnutx] [#30]
One of the heater elements absolutely will not budge from the heater, so tomorrow I install a whole new heater.

Right now I have a new element in the top port, hoping it heats up enough for a shower. Bottom one is just holding the water in at this point.

Anode looked great.

Heater element has a wee bit of mineral build up.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Myself.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:13:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Sectioning off a part of my shop for another room and organizing the rest of the shop.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top