Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/23/2024 2:27:47 AM EDT
As a conservative, my favorite question is to ask: "And what will happen afterwards?  What about after that?".  It seems that many good ideas don't ever go through that process.  I am pro-life and I'm not sure most of our leaders have done any planning on what to do when they actually succeed.  

As a first order effect, I think we can reasonably expect an increase in number of children being born.  While some women who currently get abortions will switch to more permanent and secure forms of birth control (tubal ligation / birth control implants), they will be a minority.  Most will try to get by with easier forms of birth control, and some of those will inevitably fail.  The knock on effect of that will be need for more child care facilities of all types, primarily educational but also medical.  

By implication, many of the 'additional' children  will be born into families which will be struggling to raise them.  Some will succeed, some will muddle through and some will outright fail.  We'll need more help to keep the children in 2nd category from ending up in the 3rd.  Traditionally that role has been taken by both government and charitable/philanthropic/civic societies.  We also need to be prepared to have to deal with more children who are outright surrendered to the state, because their parent(s) cannot or do not want to take care of them.  Both of those will require additional levels of investment by the society, but which we as a nation currently do not resource appropriately.

I'm sure there are other issues in play, but those are just some things that have been floating in my mind.  I wish I could say that I am confident we'll be able to handle them, but I'm not.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
IMO, there's not going to be any significant reduction in the number of abortion.

That horse has left the barn.
View Quote

This. I doubt it'll change much. Most people that want one will travel a few hundred miles to a neighboring state where its legal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#3]
more crime, more violence, more cradle to grave welfare. more worthless POSs making things worse for everyone.

I used to be against it, very much so. Now I realize that in the year of our lord 2024 the type of person who gets an abortion is exactly the type that shouldn't be breeding. It sucks for the babies but life is filled with cruel realities.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: memsu] [#4]
For starters you could make it not so much of a pain in the ass to do adoptions in the USA.

That's one reason my wife and I didn't go the foster care route. It would kill her to take care of a kid only to have the state determine the dead beat parents might be able to raise them.

It needs to be something like once the couple decides to put the child up for adoption that ends all involvement with them until the child is 18 and at that point if they want to reconnect then so be it. At least let the child get a chance to be put with a family that would love them and can support them.

IVF is expensive and results are not guaranteed. They retrieve multiple eggs to make embryos. The embryos are graded and they choose the best ones. Now Alabama supreme court determined the embryos that weren't chosen can't be destroyed. There's a reason those weren't chosen. They could have multiple defects that even if they made it to be born they'd have a life with no telling what kind of medical issues. As a result of this UAB Hospital has stopped all IVF treatments. It's gonna suck for those that were in the middle of the process.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:42:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: radioshooter] [#5]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

This. I doubt it'll change much. Most people that want one will travel a few hundred miles to a neighboring state where its legal.
View Quote

This most likely.

I'm not interested in researching this topic, but what happened to all the rape babies born in Rwanda and the Balkan areas during the last 30 years. Perhaps the area medical schools and physics universities were overloaded with applications?

Rumored that they were left in the refugee camps where they were born!

Back in the day, babies were left on doorsteps.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Krater:
As a conservative, my favorite question is to ask: "And what will happen afterwards?  What about after that?".  It seems that many good ideas don't ever go through that process.  I am pro-life and I'm not sure most of our leaders have done any planning on what to do when they actually succeed.  

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5a8541a6dc1d83a62249df38f443923e-lq

As a first order effect, I think we can reasonably expect an increase in number of children being born.  While some women who currently get abortions will switch to more permanent and secure forms of birth control (tubal ligation / birth control implants), they will be a minority.  Most will try to get by with easier forms of birth control, and some of those will inevitably fail.  The knock on effect of that will be need for more child care facilities of all types, primarily educational but also medical.  

By implication, many of the 'additional' children  will be born into families which will be struggling to raise them.  Some will succeed, some will muddle through and some will outright fail.  We'll need more help to keep the children in 2nd category from ending up in the 3rd.  Traditionally that role has been taken by both government and charitable/philanthropic/civic societies.  We also need to be prepared to have to deal with more children who are outright surrendered to the state, because their parent(s) cannot or do not want to take care of them.  Both of those will require additional levels of investment by the society, but which we as a nation currently do not resource appropriately.

I'm sure there are other issues in play, but those are just some things that have been floating in my mind.  I wish I could say that I am confident we'll be able to handle them, but I'm not.

View Quote

You gonna have way more welfare voters in 18 years, never mind an up tick in cases like Trayvon Martian, Mike Brown, St Floyd (hallowed be his name) who before would simply not exist.

This isn’t an opinion or mean spirited statement but from the book “ freakeconomics”, that showed a down turn in violence and crime after Roe v Wade, partly because the people who committed such crimes were simply never born, add in stiff penalties, real judges and prosecutors, and the proliferation of CCW/self defense laws.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:52:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
more crime, more violence, more cradle to grave welfare. more worthless POSs making things worse for everyone.

I used to be against it, very much so. Now I realize that in the year of our lord 2024 the type of person who gets an abortion is exactly the type that shouldn't be breeding. It sucks for the babies but life is filled with cruel realities.
View Quote

That is conservativism, stand atop the moral high ground, in his dying breath muttering “Muh principles” as the people he worked so hard to save cheer on his demise as the state finishes him off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By memsu:
For starters you could make it not so much of a pain in the ass to do adoptions in the USA.

That's one reason my wife and I didn't go the foster care route. It would kill her to take care of a kid only to have the state determine the dead beat parents might be able to raise them.

It needs to be something like once the couple decides to put the child up for adoption that ends all involvement with them until the child is 18 and at that point if they want to reconnect then so be it. At least let the child get a chance to be put with a family that would love them and can support them.

IVF is expensive and results are guaranteed. They retrieve multiple eggs to make embryos. The embryos are graded and they choose the best ones. Now Alabama supreme court determined the embryos that weren't chosen can't be destroyed. There's a reason those weren't chosen. They could have multiple defects that even if they made it to be born they'd have a life with no telling what kind of medical issues. As a result of this UAB Hospital has stopped all IVF treatments. It's gonna suck for those that were in the middle of the process.
View Quote

Again, moralist idiots who know fuck all about anything. You hit it out of the park on IVF, if it’s not picked there is a damn good reason for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:57:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By radioshooter:

This most likely.

I'm not interested in researching this topic, but what happened to all the rape babies born in Rwanda and the Balkan areas during the last 30 years. Perhaps the area medical schools and physics universities were overloaded with applications?

Rumored that they were left in the refugee camps where they were born!

Back in the day, babies were left on doorsteps.
View Quote

In the Balkans?

Some were given to party members who were too old to have their own or their wives could not/past their age.

Trust me, you don’t wanna know about Rwanda.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
IMO, there's not going to be any significant reduction in the number of abortion.

View Quote
Yep. A better way to prevent unwanted pregnancies would be to disincentivize having children as a means of financial gain. Democrats are against this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:00:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Increased taxes to cover generational welfare.
Increased time.
Further decrease in the quality of education with increased class size and more trouble kids.  

Abortion should be legal.  They aren’t aborting future rocket scientist.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:03:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#12]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

View Quote

I’ve been preaching this since Covid, when the US really started falling apart. Our family is 100% anti-abortion.
But I will no longer continue to try and change the minds of the left, who want us dead. If the left wants to kill their unborn children, they can take that up with the Man at the pearly gates.
It’s not my job to stop them from breeding more leftist humans that will continuously turn our country into a shithole and try to kill us.
We should be convincing them to off themselves, not preventing. God works in mysterious ways.

I will devote a lot more time-energy into persuading conservative younger adults into having more children and raising them conservatively.

The right and abortions have fucked us over on elections.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ditto.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:43:07 AM EDT
[#14]
The number of abortions aren’t going to decline much, if at all. There will be, however, a sharp increase in the number of Democrats elected because of the perceived threat to abortion rights though. Which will eventually lead to national abortion rights laws enacted. And it will not matter what fucking Clarance T. and friends said because there will be a leftist majority brought into the USSC and they will swiftly reverse what those morons did. And then do a bunch of other leftist shit. Because that’s what leftists do. I fucking hate abortion extremists on both sides.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:53:05 AM EDT
[#15]
13/52 will become 17/75.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:02:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PeteME:
The number of abortions aren’t going to decline much, if at all. There will be, however, a sharp increase in the number of Democrats elected because of the perceived threat to abortion rights though. Which will eventually lead to national abortion rights laws enacted. And it will not matter what fucking Clarance T. and friends said because there will be a leftist majority brought into the USSC and they will swiftly reverse what those morons did. And then do a bunch of other leftist shit. Because that’s what leftists do. I fucking hate abortion extremists on both sides.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:09:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Federov] [#17]
Less crime and less leftists?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg even stated that she support Roe v Wade because of brown people spawning and she was afraid there would be an entire race of tards.

And honestly, if some Biden Broad wants to off their future drain on society, golly gee, who are we to stop them?

Seriously though.  What the fuck is wrong with people on the right who would have some Antifa fuckwit come up to them and demand to be allowed to self terminate their own off spring, who's going to grow up in an abusive household, possibly sexually, and then be taught that "reich winger" needs to be murdered, and that right wing person says "No, please reproduce.  I want my son/daughter to be victimized by your offspring"?

Stupidity?   Mostly.  Ever notice the whole pro-life argument gets flushed down the toilet when you ask them what happens to the kid after they're born?  Super abusive household?  A-okay.  Sexually abused?  Why not?  Being taught to exterminate the Churchie pro lifer?   Who cares?

I get it, it's not your problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#18]
The only real question is if it will cause any parts of society to take more personal responsibility.  Probably not really.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#19]
It’s been a while since we’ve had an abortion thread.  WTF…
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:31:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PeteME:
View Quote

Can't really blame the court for overturning a bad ruling.

Can blame conservatives for writing stupid, thoughtless, impractical, ineffective laws in response, and voters will.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

I’ve been preaching this since Covid, when the US really started falling apart. Our family is 100% anti-abortion.
But I will no longer continue to try and change the minds of the left, who want us dead. If the left wants to kill their unborn children, they can take that up with the Man at the pearly gates.
It’s not my job to stop them from breeding more leftist humans that will continuously turn our country into a shithole and try to kill us.
We should be convincing them to off themselves, not preventing. God works in mysterious ways.

I will devote a lot more time-energy into persuading conservative younger adults into having more children and raising them conservatively.

View Quote

This. I refuse to save my enemies from themselves or each other. It’s simply not worth it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Federov:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg even stated that she support Roe v Wade because of brown people spawning and she was afraid there would be an entire race of tards.

And honestly, if some Biden Broad wants to off their future drain on society, golly gee, who are we to stop them?

Seriously though.  What the fuck is wrong with people on the right who would have some Antifa fuckwit come up to them and demand to be allowed to self terminate their own off spring, who's going to grow up in an abusive household, possibly sexually, and then be taught that "reich winger" needs to be murdered, and that right wing person says "No, please reproduce.  I want my son/daughter to be victimized by your offspring"?

Stupidity?   Mostly.  Ever notice the whole pro-life argument gets flushed down the toilet when you ask them what happens to the kid after they're born?  Super abusive household?  A-okay.  Sexually abused?  Why not?  Being taught to exterminate the Churchie pro lifer?   Who cares?

View Quote

“But If we Don’T savE oUr EnEmIEs FrOm ThemSeLves, WhAT DoEs ThAt MaKe Us?”/s

Sadly, too many in the right believe that Salvation is a group effort, that we have to or it’s even possible to “save” everyone..It isn’t.

Too many have not had to live among these dregs, or have had their lives impacted by them and the limitless ways their endless idiocy drags down and ruins the quality of life and the way politicians dims its infinite potential to appease these self destructive spiteful degenerates.

These people hate you for merely existing, by existing we disprove the founding lie of their worldview, the lie of human interchangeability, of the blank slate, and since our existence has been labeled a crime, our punishment in their sick, barely functioning minds is either enslavement to keep the welfare smorgasbord train running or to be the ultimate punishment because our mere existence reminds them of everything they can never be.

So how does the lesser become the better? Simple, just kill all that is better than them, which is to say, killing off Western People as a whole.

Our future is either a mass grave or colonization of the stars.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

"But If we Don'T savE oUr EnEmIEs FrOm ThemSeLves, WhAT DoEs ThAt MaKe Us?"/s

Sadly, too many in the right believe that Salvation is a group effort, that we have to or it's even possible to "save" everyone..It isn't.

Too many have not had to live among these dregs, or have had their lives impacted by them and the limitless ways their endless idiocy drags down and ruins the quality of life and the way politicians dims its infinite potential to appease these self destructive spiteful degenerates.

These people hate you for merely existing, by existing we disprove the founding lie of their worldview, the lie of human interchangeability, of the blank slate, and since our existence has been labeled a crime, our punishment in their sick, barely functioning minds is either enslavement to keep the welfare smorgasbord train running or to be the ultimate punishment because our mere existence reminds them of everything they can never be.

So how does the lesser become the better? Simple, just kill all that is better than them, which is to say, killing off Western People as a whole.

Our future is either a mass grave or colonization of the stars.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Are the Freakonomics guys still writing?

I agree the overall bodycount won’t change significantly.  

Anyway the invasion on the border is an immediate shift in criminal activity with no growing up time delay.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By XJ:
Are the Freakonomics guys still writing?

I agree the overall bodycount won’t change significantly.  

Anyway the invasion on the border is an immediate shift in criminal activity with no growing up time delay.
View Quote

Exactly this. Abortion means nothing anymore.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Federov:

View Quote

No one has advocated for them to be forced to keep the child. Just not commit murder.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Haves:
Abortion should be legal.  They aren’t aborting future rocket scientist.
View Quote
Probably not, but you never know. And nobody deserves to be murdered before they are born.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

If there were back alley abortion clinics in 1964, they will proliferate in large cities with plenty of funding from NGO’s and “religious” groups.

The Devil’s work must continue unabated.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:29:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kbear] [#30]
It is Western suicide. Look at the birth rate of Muslims.  If your worried about a Theocracy, just wait until Muslims have a 51% majority.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#31]
There will be no Abortion “bans”. While that may be a moral platform plank on the Right, it will never be a practical political position. Republicans will just continue to lose elections unless they take a complete “ban” off the table and out of the Left’s arsenal of mega-weapons for winning elections.

Honestly, it is a complex issue. While I am philosophically opposed to Abortion, I have a hard time reconciling that with the realities facing rape victims, women whose life is in danger, a fetus with a severe developmental defect, teen pregnancies, incest, et.al.

What I would like to see is a serious, rational, National discussion on the issue and try to find some kind of consensus on an issue that has no perfect solutions. As it stands, Abortion “policy” is defined by whatever “Planned Parenthood” and others who profit from providing Abortions and the selling Aborted Fetuses SAY IT IS! That is why we have what the rest of the civilized world (even Leftist European countries) consider to be gruesome Abortion practices.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I heard a presentation by the local crisis pregnancy center a few weeks ago on the implication of my states ban.  The upshot is there are now MORE abortions.  It’s just that the type has changed.  And, you are correct, a little travel isn’t a major burden to those set on killing their baby.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

View Quote

Thank you for saying what I’ve been thinking.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By QueOndaGuero:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/toast_gif-994.gif
View Quote

It’s a harsh world out there son, we need to keep our wits until this whole egalitarian craze blows over.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Calhoun123:
I heard a presentation by the local crisis pregnancy center a few weeks ago on the implication of my states ban.  The upshot is there are now MORE abortions.  It’s just that the type has changed.  And, you are correct, a little travel isn’t a major burden to those set on killing their baby.
View Quote

Shit, planned Parenthood will set up charter buses/flights and still make bank.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Since Rowe there have been a bit more than 63 million abortions in the US.

What would the county look like today if all of those had been born?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Likely the same effect as alcohol prohibition.
People will either go where it's legal or do it themselves.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By webtaz99:
Probably not, but you never know. And nobody deserves to be murdered before they are born.
View Quote

Ok, Let me play Devil’s Advocate.

You have a chance to abort the most evil of in modern times, the man responsible for the fucked up state of the Western World, Karl Marx. Knowing full well the harm that bastard would create, you still wouldn’t abort him?

I would. You could call my boot the Saturn V, because it’s going to lift out with great force, achieve great speed, for no less a noble and righteous mission.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:

If there were back alley abortion clinics in 1964, they will proliferate in large cities with plenty of funding from NGO’s and “religious” groups.

The Devil’s work must continue unabated.
View Quote

If the devil wants to break his own tools, let him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:
View Quote
Our economy would have collapsed a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kbear:
It is Western suicide. Look at the birth rate of Muslims.  If your worried about a Theocracy, just wait until Muslims have a 51% majority.
View Quote

You want to fix/prevent that? Deport/immigration bans.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

On average? More Dems in office, more welfare, more crime,
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Better decision making and self control bc the consequences cannot be escaped.  Of course we need a massive move towards the Christian family unit also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By runcible:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I agree, along with our society.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:51:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Citadel] [#45]
on the one hand not murdering's millions(?) unborn children has to  be a good thing for the character of society

I have had a modest proposal that maybe we need to increase the number OF CHILDREN KILLED especially among illegal invaders , those incarcerated, those addicted to illegal drugs - just a modest proposal Swiftly delivered
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Maybe we could have repealed the score of retarded laws that are stagnating it? Maybe stop requiring a college degree for entry level/ or any non STEM job? Maybe stop importing bums?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Better decision making and self control bc the consequences cannot be escaped.  Of course we need a massive move towards the Christian family unit also.
View Quote

You have to have the ability to make better decisions and have self control in the first place. These people don’t because they know no matter how fucked they are the state will bail them out with YOUR tax dollars and in return they demand more at the low cost of your rights, freedom, and future.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Citadel:
on the one hand not murdering's millions(?) unborn children has to  be a good thing for the character of society

I have had a modest proposal that maybe we need to increase the number especially among illegal invaders , those incarcerated, those addicted to illegal drugs - just a modest proposal Swiftly delivered
View Quote

Increase the number? Of them? Of them existing, being aborted? Not to clear what you mean.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Another thing that people forget about is pre-natal care and the probable lack if it in women who are forced to carry unwanted babies. Deformities, fetal alcohol syndrome, malnutrition, etc...

We probably wouldn't be flooded with a bunch of normal healthy kids.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Crime will increase.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top