Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2024 7:01:32 PM EDT
I've never been a morning drink person save for the post workout nutribullet shake (choc protien powder, babnana, unsweet cocoa, unsweet peanutbutter, almonds) and have never understood people being crazy for a morning drink such as coffee.  Until I discovered Celsius.  So when getting up early to lift its what I look forward to for some pep.  No sugar, but its pretty sweet tasting for sure - does it cause my body to do an insulin dump?

I ask b/c Im going to try for a bit to do intermittent fasting where I only eat during an 8hr window.  So trying to find out if Im doing an insulin dump in the AMs when I down that Celsius.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Faster ways to kill ones self. Shit is hard on the kidneys is what my doc told me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Bro do you even power thirst? You’ll feel uncomfortably energetic

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're doing the fasting thing I'd save it for immediately after an AM workout in that window to get nutrients back in .
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
Faster ways to kill ones self. Shit is hard on the kidneys is what my doc told me.
View Quote

One a day will not hurt anyone.  It's not even that high in caffeine or any other 16 letter chemicals that are in some drinks.

To answer OPs question, Celsius is sweetened with Stevia and ethyritol.  I don't think it says how much of each.  You can look up their insulin response on Google.  Looks like Stevia shows some insulin response while ethyritol doesn't, but I'm just looking it up now.  I'm no expert, but I'm a bit of an energy drink connoisseur.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bophades:
I've never been a morning drink person save for the post workout nutribullet shake (choc protien powder, babnana, unsweet cocoa, unsweet peanutbutter, almonds) and have never understood people being crazy for a morning drink such as coffee.  Until I discovered Celsius.  So when getting up early to lift its what I look forward to for some pep.  No sugar, but its pretty sweet tasting for sure - does it cause my body to do an insulin dump?

I ask b/c Im going to try for a bit to do intermittent fasting where I only eat during an 8hr window.  So trying to find out if Im doing an insulin dump in the AMs when I down that Celsius.
View Quote

Measure it.  Go to Amazon, get a blood glucose monitor and don't guess.  Take a measurement before your drink, then after, then maybe 30min later.

Guessing on what impacts your blood sugar is dumb when you can buy the kits to measure it for less than $20.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

One a day will not hurt anyone.  It's not even that high in caffeine or any other 16 letter chemicals that are in some drinks.

To answer OPs question, Celsius is sweetened with Stevia and ethyritol.  I don't think it says how much of each.  You can look up their insulin response on Google.  Looks like Stevia shows some insulin response while ethyritol doesn't, but I'm just looking it up now.  I'm no expert, but I'm a bit of an energy drink connoisseur.
View Quote

I just don't get why we do this guesswork when we can actually measure our blood sugar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer NrG Phuk myself.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a doctor or anything, but it has 10 calories listed on the label, so there's something in there that has the potential to break your fast.

Not that it's a bad thing, but if your goal is to stay fasted through the morning, then it might be counter productive.

I'm a real sugar kind of guy. I can't stand stevia or artificial sweeteners, they all taste like a chemical factory to me. I get my caffeine from black coffee though, a guy doesn't need much more than that in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the powder packets.  Generally after I get done with the gym.

They contain sucralose.  I believe that's where the calories come from.

Compared to other energy drinks, they're doing pretty damn good.  Most have gobs of sugar in them.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm good with coffee with a horn of milk, and sugar free red bulls.
Top Top