Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2024 1:04:46 PM EDT
Hey all…..

Started taking a spoonful of Metamucil when I would wake up about a year ago at the advice of some friends. I liked the results and want to stick with it.

I am doing a pretty strict carnivore diet right now in addition to weight training and cardio. I am also doing intermittent fasting with about a 5 hour window to get my food in.

I don’t want to mess up fasting or anything with the fiber but just not sure when to take it now. Does it even matter?

And to complicate things more, I’m on a rotating shift work schedule….so there’s that…

Thanks everyone for advice

Lookinup
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My doc told me once it would make me feel full.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When you were taking it in the morning was it right before eating breakfast?

Just take it when you break your fast instead.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
When you were taking it in the morning was it right before eating breakfast?

Just take it when you break your fast instead.
View Quote

Yessir,
I would take it when I woke up….actually like the taste!

I think I’ll push it back to take it now when I have my first meal of the day/night depending on my shift

Thank you

Lookinup
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:10:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: darkpaladin1] [#5]
Slightly different take...

On my last deployed trip we ate MREs for almost 6 months straight.  Metamucil was worth its weight in gold in our outpost.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cruze5:
Not before bedtime if you want to get up and pee several times

morning seems good enough for me.
View Quote

I take a shake of mirolax in a big glass of water at night before bed. For the BM in the AM, as they say. If you're in a hurry, a sip of MCT oil. That gets the troops up and moving. These are when I'm eating crappy. When I'm strict carnivore, I take one saucy dump a day, without needing any 'additives.'
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top