Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2024 10:46:20 AM EDT
Trying to design a battery box for my Kraton. Why they think Velcro is best is beyond me.

Where can I get little posts without having to buy a bunch of extra stuff I don't need? Looking for the little posts at the bottom of this pic:

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they need to be forked? If not, just get any post that's of equal diameter and the length you need. Improvise if necessary. Aluminum rod from the hardware store and a drill.

You sure you're using the oem straps correctly? I looked at some pics and they look to e very secure, when properly done.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By User55645:
Do they need to be forked? If not, just get any post that's of equal diameter and the length you need. Improvise if necessary. Aluminum rod from the hardware store and a drill.

You sure you're using the oem straps correctly? I looked at some pics and they look to e very secure, when properly done.
View Quote

They are secure. They just take forever to get them in. I'm used to Traxxas. It takes 5 seconds in a Traxxas. I bet it is nearly a minute to get two batteries in on the Kraton. Ain't nobody got time for that, it's bad enough I have to deal with body clips.

I was hoping for a cleaner solution than aluminum bar and a drill. I like that the Traxxas posts are threaded so I can just have my battery tray have a hole where I just screw in the post. Basically I want to recreate the Traxxas concept on the Kraton.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I thought you meant it was a bad design and the batt was coming loose during jumps and crashes.

To be a bit clearer, this is what you've got, right?

And you want more like this style?

The second is what my dbx10 has and it's as simple as pulling a single clip and swinging the hold-down to the side.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I thought you meant it was a bad design and the batt was coming loose during jumps and crashes.

To be a bit clearer, this is what you've got, right?
https://www.arrmaforum.com/attachments/20220111_204221_hdr-jpg.192068/

And you want more like this style?
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Sb838b23a0ae74056aae0bfacf4d474beg.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

The second is what my dbx10 has and it's as simple as pulling a single clip and swinging the hold-down to the side.
View Quote

Correct on both counts. The Kraton s Velcro setup is a bit different but not much. It's a lot tighter space and so it's not quite as accessible.

Was hoping for metal but the one in the pic is plastic. I could just integrate it into the holder itself. I plan on 3D printing them with CF Nylon or the like. It should hold up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
So, do you want a post on the right side (my previous kraton pic) and connect a top hold down to the oem left side battery try hold down? Yeah, I bet a printed top hold down would be fine. Plenty of strength in that profile.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
So, do you want a post on the right side (my previous kraton pic) and connect a top hold down to the oem left side battery try hold down? Yeah, I bet a printed top hold down would be fine. Plenty of strength in that profile.
View Quote

I was thinking a keyed notch on one side, body clip and post on the other, but do it across the short side of the battery vs the length of it. So like the Slash design, but rotated 90°.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#7]
What stops them from sliding forward? A lip that wraps over the front would work but might not be the strongest  once printed. Is there enough material on the outside lip of the chassis for a post? Looks tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top