Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 9:04:56 AM EDT
Im not a collector but am trying to justify the purchase. I’m considering the Speedmaster 3510.50 or 3539.50.

I will wear it and purchase pre owned (obviously with the 3539)

Which one do you think will hold or increase in value better?

I lean towards the 3539 because it is discontinued, and I like the “improvements” over the 3510. The 3539 is going to cost me $1000-$1500 more and the 3539 has went up in value significantly in the recent years.

I’m aware of the differences between the two and I’m aware it’s not a pro moonwatch. I’m aware the cost of 3539 is now comparable to a pro moonwatch.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:

Which one do you think will hold or increase in value better?

View Quote
Neither
They are both the reduced size
Neither will be worth, more in the future than they are now.

They are both the reduced size
I would highly recommend trying on before making a large purchase!!

As far as spending the money.
Spend it in good health
Wear it & enjoy it !
You have earned it!  Life is short!!  Get the watch you want for you !!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not very familiar with the market for Reduced models, but I think Hesalite wins in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a reduced and never wore it. The size wasn't right for my wrist. Purchased a gently loved 3570.50 and it just melded perfectly into my personality. Wanted one for 30 plus years and finally said, WTF and did it. No regrets. Also doesn't hurt that I'm into it for less than $3,500.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies fellas. I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
agree OP should try out first.  My 2254.50 was too small for me and wasnt even reduced size.  loved it but wished it was more like 45mm.  Sold it on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I always thought I had small wrists. Just measured at 7 and 1/4”…

To be fair, the Moonwatch is what got me looking but the prices made me end up looking at a 3510. The numbers on the dial kind of kill the whole look for me so a 3539 seemed like the next best option. Those prices are close to a Moonwatch and since I figure a 39mm will fit me better I went with that.

I agree I need to try a 42mm before ruling it out. Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top