BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Everyone sacrifices their bodies in the long run, active and sedentary alike. I see being active as a giving me a better chance to die quickly rather than suffer a slow decline.
View Quote

I agree but it also quality of life.

I still do, in my mid 60's, activities that guys I know in their 30's avoid.  e.g. Planning on getting my USPA certs current so I can sky dive with my Grandson. My last jump was 22 years ago but it's like riding a bike.  maybe start up again with Ju Jitsu….

Things like that….

Living a shitty sedentary fat slob life scares me a hell of a lot more than dying….
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I still do, in my mid 60's, activities that guys I know in their 30's avoid.  e.g. Planning on getting my USPA certs current so I can sky dive with my Grandson. My last jump was 22 years ago but it's like riding a bike.  maybe start up again with Ju Jitsu….

Things like that….

Living a shitty sedentary fat slob life scares me a hell of a lot more than dying….
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone sacrifices their bodies in the long run, active and sedentary alike. I see being active as a giving me a better chance to die quickly rather than suffer a slow decline.

Things like that….

That's awesome man. Get after it.

I think we're angling at the same thing, philosophically. I want to live/live/live/die, with the living being at maximum mobility and functionality given my age and health. I want to avoid live / get fat / stop moving / sit in a room drooling on myself for 20 years / die.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m easing back into exercise after taking some time off after getting melanoma removed from my back.

I’m getting another one removed Thursday.

I’m doing a guided functional strength program through my work. It gets progressively harder and I’m enjoying it. It’s lower body and core. I’ll add upper body soon.

Not really sore except my hips.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Between lacrosse games and lifting hard. I'm sore. Lower back disk is acting up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m back running and trying to get back to lifting on a more regular schedule.

I got my 5k down to almost 8 min miles so not terrible not great.

Sore means I doing my job, right?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top