Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2023 6:50:49 PM EDT
a few years back i put a RecTec controller on an older Traegar and liked it. I upgraded from that to a vertical PitBoss as it fit my needs better, but i missed the "gee whiz" features of WiFi.
i'm debating on adding a WiFi controller to it but i don't have any experience with the PitBoss system

any input?
thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not used the Pitboss system but on my Recteq it's great. I might have to sign back into the app if I haven't used it for a while but that's it. Get alerts when temperature is going up or down, when it's at temp, and more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thermoworks.  Use it with any system, oven, smoker, etc.  Use it to map your system and chamber.  Use it for quality control.

Professional grade!  

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a saved file, which is why it says wifi not connected.  You can see each point where I opened the lid, and the point where I wrapped the meat. One probe is a chamber check, the other is the meat.  Yes, I know that is a built in feature of my smoker, but the Thermoworks is a NIST traceable standard, a no-doubter.

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
RT isnt bad,but no where on the same level as fireboardnor even thermoworks.RT is simple easy to operate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top