Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 4:09:38 PM EDT
To preface this post, some context:

• Have already tried PMing WILSON about this & emailing raptor22 twice about this to no avail/reply

• Already served a weeklong suspension over a month ago for since-defunct rule #13 of the old EE platform, and was told would regain full access again upon return

• Have posted and made sales since returning, still to 100% positive feedback without issue on the new EE platform

Despite all this, I still cannot click or browse on any EE listing, even if they are my own in order to modify/edit relevant details of active listings. Every time I try to click on any listing, I get bounced/redirected back to the main index page; obviously, this issue doesn't happen when I browse the EE without signing-in, or presumably to any other user AFAIK. This inexplicable issue has already resulted in me closing a ton of listings just to relist them with a minor edit or such because I cannot even view my own listings, let alone interact with other prospective sellers.

Is this a glitch arising from the fact that my suspension took place while ARFCOM transitioned from the old to the new EE, and my account was 'in limbo' during such transition? Or is this a legitimate issue to which I have received no response, no help at all from any mods/techs here?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumping. Any mod help here, or is it more radio silence?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

If your emails aren't working, it could be that they aren't coming through on your end. (Our mail is blocked by different clients at different points. Don't ask because half the time it makes no sense.) I would recommend IM wilson/aimless and see if they can give you an update. As of now, you are still restricted from the EE. I will also let staff know about this thread.
View Quote

Thanks, appreciate it, already IM'd WILSON. This is really odd. Never received any notice about some form of an extended period of restriction for me, so if it is based on some reason, I surely was not made aware of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKzgalore] [#5]
Originally Posted By Raptor22:
On 4/14/2024 10:03:29 AM, Aimless' reason for the permanent ban:   Was banned from Old ee. Entered new ee and made multiple duplicate threads

On 4/14/2024 11:27:53 AM, Aimless' reason for unlocking you:  Unlocked only to finish ee sales
View Quote

My response to this is simple: I was never informed in any capacity that I was banned from the old EE, and I never made multiple duplicate threads, I only closed and relisted some ads that were identical to each other because I had no editing privileges for any ad since it would appear that I was still banned on the new EE, but again, was never told that I had been banned in the first place.

I also sent repeated messages to you and others about what appeared to me to be a glitch or issue to no response, since I had never been told I was banned.

I'd like to know what the reason in the first place was for banning me. As mentioned in the OP, I served a week-long suspension for infringing a rule that no longer applies to the new EE. Why any further ban or moratorium?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:03:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKzgalore] [#7]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I emailed you about this on 4/14
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I emailed you about this on 4/14

The emails you're referring to are these two, in which you also stated that you would just wait for "the admins to straighten this out".

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
On 4/14/2024 10:03:29 AM, Aimless' reason for the permanent ban:   Was banned from Old ee. Entered new ee and made multiple duplicate threads

On 4/14/2024 11:27:53 AM, Aimless' reason for unlocking you:  Unlocked only to finish ee sales

I responded to those with a more elaborate version of what I just said in my last comment on this thread; haven't heard back from you, or anyone else for that matter, since.

EDIT: I'm really getting desperate here. I need to know if I can still use the EE to sell stuff. I have quite a bit I'd like to list, but can't seem to do upon the last guidance I was given. Please, site mods/admins/whoever, provide redress for this situation. I have tried reaching out in every manner I know how, and nobody is responding. There remains to be provided a clear reason for why I was even shadow-banned in the first place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top