Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2024 11:37:46 PM EDT
I used to just jump in the car to go to the store and get a new simple push mower blade. Not now. No one stocks something as simple as a 20" new mower Murray blade with the odd ball can't put the blade on upside down design for stupid people. So, I ordered some. Hurray they are here. I get in the brand-new car I had to buy and start to pull out of the garage. No wait it comes up with an agree to not look at the screen warning and after that the screen is shutting off message comes on and then after that I have to touch it to come back on to shut off the damn shut off the engine every time I stop button. Then the bitch beeps at me the whole time pulling out of the garage since it is tight to get out the narrow door. On to the store.
I go to the order pick up counter and wait my turn. My turn comes and I am told your order fit in the pick-up box so you need to take the code and get it out. Wait what code? Oh, the one they sent you. I only had the order code and had always picked stuff up at the counter. Not today. I will look your code up for you says the courteous employee. Thanks, I replied. Oh, you have two codes. Why I asked, the order was small? Okay will you show me the where and how of the pick-up box? Input the first code and go through the signing screen and nothing happens. Employee says try the second code. Oh boy go through it all again and a door pops open with a box in it. But is the order correct? I open the box to check and a miracle seems to appear since the order is correct. Hurray I am finally heading home with something as simple as mower blades, but I have to go through all the screen as before shit in the car to get on the road again. Now when I get to my hilly neighborhood heading home it is dark. Seems simple but I find out the car new car has some kind of weird fucking headlights that make a low wide pattern. What a shame. The special headlight system can't keep up with the hilly road I live on and is always behind on where it needs to shine. Just why. Finally, I arrived home and began the task of backing into the garage with all its beeping warning shit for the side clearance and the backup clearance.
I sure hope the blades fit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to get them on Amazon. It's some bullshit angled oval openings at the sides thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:52:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ctfish15] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Order them delivered to your house, don't have any of those issues.

Why did you make it so easy world?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Hate to say it, but Amazon.   87% of the time, it’s cheaper and better quality.   100% of the time, more convenient.   Can usually get delivered in one day.  Sometimes, same day, which is bizarre and miraculous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By j3_:
I used to just jump in the car to go to the store and get a new simple push mower blade. Not now. No one stocks something as simple as a 20" new mower Murray blade with the odd ball can't put the blade on upside down design for stupid people. So, I ordered some. Hurray they are here. I get in the brand-new car I had to buy and start to pull out of the garage. No wait it comes up with an agree to not look at the screen warning and after that the screen is shutting off message comes on and then after that I have to touch it to come back on to shut off the damn shut off the engine every time I stop button. Then the bitch beeps at me the whole time pulling out of the garage since it is tight to get out the narrow door. On to the store.
I go to the order pick up counter and wait my turn. My turn comes and I am told your order fit in the pick-up box so you need to take the code and get it out. Wait what code? Oh, the one they sent you. I only had the order code and had always picked stuff up at the counter. Not today. I will look your code up for you says the courteous employee. Thanks, I replied. Oh, you have two codes. Why I asked, the order was small? Okay will you show me the where and how of the pick-up box? Input the first code and go through the signing screen and nothing happens. Employee says try the second code. Oh boy go through it all again and a door pops open with a box in it. But is the order correct? I open the box to check and a miracle seems to appear since the order is correct. Hurray I am finally heading home with something as simple as mower blades, but I have to go through all the screen as before shit in the car to get on the road again. Now when I get to my hilly neighborhood heading home it is dark. Seems simple but I find out the car new car has some kind of weird fucking headlights that make a low wide pattern. What a shame. The special headlight system can't keep up with the hilly road I live on and is always behind on where it needs to shine. Just why. Finally, I arrived home and began the task of backing into the garage with all its beeping warning shit for the side clearance and the backup clearance.
View Quote

I used to just order my CopyPasta at ToysRuS, but then they closed down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Copypasta bullshit again
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Why must life be so hard!?

Homer building a barbecue pit

Why must I fail at every attempt at masonry!?!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Could we get another OP who's had a little less caffeine?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
You can't just sharpen the old blade?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By loon_138:
Order them delivered to your house, don't have any of those issues.

Why did you make it so easy world?
View Quote

For only 15 dollars more you can make it as easy as it used to be. If nobody steals it of your porch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
View Quote

I bend the crap out of the new thinner blades every time one hits something the old ones powered through.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:59:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#13]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
View Quote

You could and should. Do you volunteer?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:00:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#14]
Originally Posted By cda97:

Copypasta bullshit again
View Quote

I tried to condense it for those with busy lives. It was really harder than I made out. I left out the looking up the part number and online searching along with the ordering and a lot of other stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Hate to say it, but Amazon.   87% of the time, it’s cheaper and better quality.   100% of the time, more convenient.   Can usually get delivered in one day.  Sometimes, same day, which is bizarre and miraculous.
View Quote

It's nuts but it's true. I needed some motor oil this week, so I thought I'd get it from a local store if it was remotely competitive.

Amazon's price on 5 quarts of Mobile 1 was $25. Local stores, two were $38 one was $35. Turns out the local Walmart has it at $25 as well.

Usually when I need a part the local store says they have to order it, and it's more expensive, and then I have to go get it from them.
It just doesn't make any sense to buy from them.

I have started to look for online retailers that specialize is stuff and will check their price w/ shipping against amazon,
since amazon has a lot of fakes and returns sold as new. Usually it's the same price or cheaper with the specialty place.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
View Quote

Right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:09:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#17]
Originally Posted By madwis15:

Right?
View Quote

As I posted I bend them, on small stumps and rocks that grow out of the dirt every year like they are alive or something, now that the blades seem thinner or for some reason easier to bend.
The box when I picked it up was so light I wasn't even sure three of them were in it when I opened it at the store.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

Naw, I'm goin' to bed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:15:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#19]
It's a hard world after all it's a hard hard world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Op has a lot of patience, just having to hit the autostop button every time I take my wifes car makes me want to start a thread.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dragracer:
Op has a lot of patience, just having to hit the autostop button every time I take my wifes car makes me want to start a thread.
View Quote

Over 18 years between new cars I never knew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top