Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2024 5:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk]
There are thousands of videos of non-US trucks going through damn near everything, here are some:

Extreme off-road vehicles of Russia (Prt 7)

In almost all of the videos of offroad trucks, non US vehicles are going through terrain that seems downright impossible on what look like fairly stock looking rigs.  I get the "mission" of the average deuce or hemmit is wildly different that trucks that are expected to cross Siberia and I know that vehicle regulations also vary wildly, but is that it?  What about heavy truck offroad racing?  6x6, 8x8 or 10x10 is there a reason we don't see more US trucks in international racing?  ...and yeah, I know, clickbait title...
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Because we have roads.

We also have plenty of capable vehicles when we need them but we usually only need them in some overseas shit box country those why you don't often see them state side
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love to see heavy truck off road racing. There has to be a lot of jumps though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CNC_Guy:
I would love to see heavy truck off road racing. There has to be a lot of jumps though.
View Quote

Dakar has the heavy trucks.  They are awesome to watch as they plow through the desert.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Winkychevelle:
Because we have roads.

We also have plenty of capable vehicles when we need them but we usually only need them in some overseas shit box country those why you don't often see them state side
View Quote
Mostly this, go to remote Alaska or Canada and you'll find some impressive machines but usually if we got to go somewhere we'll just build a road of some sort to get there.

The OPs vids were all .mil vehicles. The Oshkosh built MK-36 wrecker I used to run was a beast, true 6 wheel drive with full lockers every axle and a locked tranfer case, CTIS tire inflation, 3 winches and a crane.

One of these:

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Because EPA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like OP has never been on a ranch watching a cowboy chase a crazy cow with a one ton feed truck.

The simplest answer is because not everyone films their truck in some crazy off-road excursions.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s the same answer as always. “Government regulations.”
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone want to post the convoy of Humvees driving down the river with just the snorkels showing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BooJangles:
Someone want to post the convoy of Humvees driving down the river with just the snorkels showing.
View Quote

I could
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Because we baby our cars. Hell, watch OG "Top Gear" - the Botswana Special comes to mind when Hamster had "Oliver". They drive plain old cars through stuff I'd flinch about taking a 4wd truck through.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zercool:
Because we baby our cars. Hell, watch OG "Top Gear" - the Botswana Special comes to mind when Hamster had "Oliver". They drive plain old cars through stuff I'd flinch about taking a 4wd truck through.
View Quote

Pretty much sums it up. I remember some oil field trash driving Lincoln Continentals up to rigs that were just roughed in with a D6.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top