Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2024 6:41:02 PM EDT
At least one out of three cars i have rented have the strong odor of marijuana. I am so sick of it. I’m so tired of people saying it’s their medicine or it’s their business. If you’re not an addict, you don’t need to smoke this while driving and I just don’t understand why the rental car companies don’t charge people. The smell makes me ill and I can’t be in an enclosed space with it and get tested at work and fired. It is. always a pain in the ass to look for another car because the one they assigned me stinks of weed. If they have policies and rules, they should enforce them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL

You think you can fail a piss test by smelling pot?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt they care.  Or it was the rental attendant who blazed up in it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#3]
John is not from HR.

You don't fail a pot test even at an Insane Clown Posse concert.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be outraged!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Paul:
John is not from HR.

You don't fail a pot test even at an Elton John concert.
View Quote

I was told by the piss test guy you'd have to be in a phone both full of rastas for 24 hours to get close. And even then if you didn't actually puff and otherwise didn't smoke you should pass

Potneedlephobic
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
LOL

You think you can fail a piss test by smelling pot?
View Quote

It would really suck if he accidentally sat on one of the used pot needles getting in the driver's seat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]
John is not from HR.

View Quote

John got monkeypox from a toilet seat you know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Rented a car once that 3 onions in the trunk, under the cover by the spare tire.  Smelled pretty bad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lurk-king] [#10]
I feel you OP. I quit using rental companies and went straight Turo for that reason.

EDIT**i went 100% turo because of the smell and not wanting to take executives out to dinner in a stanky car, not fear of failed drug tests
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
John is not from HR.

View Quote

So many new accounts, I can't remember their names after the hammer.

Some dude who worked at Wendy's
Some chick with ex husband
Some chick from Russia
etc

They all start to blend together, sort of like the 80's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]
You do "sound" like the HR type of asshat....but your absurd understanding of drug tests has me wondering.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lorax:

It would really suck if he accidentally sat on one of the used pot needles getting in the driver's seat.
View Quote

he's already hooked and doesnt even know it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]
They charge an extra fee for smoking in the car
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Allow? lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this a parody thread? It has to be.. If not grow up OP  no one gives a fuck about your weak rant and not knowing how weed works .
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]
John is not from HR.

View Quote

John is from junior high.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:05:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnfromHR] [#18]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
View Quote

For some reason, they won’t charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
For those of you poo pooping and laughing about the possibility of testing positive what I was told by a lab guy was that if you are in the car for multiple hours and it is reeking of weed, it is within the realm of possibility given the high concentrations of THC these days, a Dr. told me same thing
Why are people so angry that I don’t want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don’t get to pollute public places and if you’re not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
Is this a parody thread? It has to be.. If not grow up OP  no one gives a fuck about your weak rant and not knowing how weed works .
View Quote

All of OPs threads are parody threads.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Go back to Cleveland...Cleveland
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 0100010:
Rented a car once that 3 onions in the trunk, under the cover by the spare tire.  Smelled pretty bad.
View Quote

which was the style at the time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Ask for non-smoker cars when you rent.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:

For some reason, they won’t charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
For those of you poo pooping and laughing about the possibility of testing positive what I was told by a lab guy was that if you are in the car for multiple hours and it is reeking of weed, it is within the realm of possibility given the high concentrations of THC these days, a Dr. told me same thing
Why are people so angry that I don’t want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don’t get to pollute public places and if you’re not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
View Quote

Nobody is angry.  Everyone is laughing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
At least one out of three cars i have rented have the strong odor of marijuana. I am so sick of it. I’m so tired of people saying it’s their medicine or it’s their business. If you’re not an addict, you don’t need to smoke this while driving and I just don’t understand why the rental car companies don’t charge people. The smell makes me ill and I can’t be in an enclosed space with it and get tested at work and fired. It is. always a pain in the ass to look for another car because the one they assigned me stinks of weed. If they have policies and rules, they should enforce them.
View Quote

The smell makes you I'll?

The fuck it does.
You just don't like it.

Hike up your skirt and demand a different rental car.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Your lab guy is full of shit.
Maybe more so than you
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#26]

For some reason, they won't charge and  they should charge to make people stop doing this.
Why are people so angry that I don't want marijuana smell around me ? maybe you are the problem. Keep it in your own home. Keep it away from me. You don't get to pollute public places and if you're not an addict, why do you have to do it in public?
View Quote

I understand about the stench. I hate it. But as one who actually did the tests (doctors don't perform lab tests) you will not test positive for being in a car full of stench. Actual smoke perhaps, but not just the stench.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

this will save you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Guarantee you it’s racial. You gonna charge people who smoke weed and end up accused of racism?

They won’t dare
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:

We are officially in a TROLL THREAD!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MJ11B4P] [#30]
OP user name is appropriate.

However, one of my biggest pet peeves is getting a contact high from other vehicles while driving. Smoke that shit at home.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Ask for non-smoker cars when you rent.
View Quote

Can you even rent a smoking car anymore?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Move to a free state.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By terryj:
Move to a free state.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Better check the seats.  You don't want a used pot needle sticking you in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I've had to start getting corporate rentals from the next town over, because the nearest rental place is in the ghetto.  100% of the cars smell like weed, and it's always fun when you're driving onto a .mil base with it
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#37]
If you get a rental car that reeks of weed, it was obviously a victimless crime.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I’ve found weed in a number of my rentals the last few years.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Enterprise and Hertz has lost a customer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CavVet:

I was told by the piss test guy you'd have to be in a phone both full of rastas for 24 hours to get close. And even then if you didn't actually puff and otherwise didn't smoke you should pass

Potneedlephobic
View Quote

I've heard some hilarious stories of folks claiming they got a "contact high" from inhaling the smallest amount of second hand smoke.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Driving under the influence is a crime.
DUI drivers are low life scumbags, they kill and maim more people than violent criminals. That includes drunks and druggies.
Harsher laws are needed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sajer:
I’ve found weed in a number of my rentals the last few years.
View Quote

Risky proposition...

Found drugs are either so mind-meltingly good the user forgot where they put them or ... or they OD'd and the drugs killed them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MJ11B4P:

However, one of my biggest pet peeves is getting a contact high from other vehicles while driving. Smoke that shit at home.
View Quote

Amazing how pervasive that stink weed smell is. More than once, I thought my brakes were burning up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]
John is not from HR.

View Quote

But what if you boof  a dozen or so THC infused beers with a few of your new jugalo friends in the campground???
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I rent cars a lot - at least a few times a month. I've never once smelled weed.

Who are you renting from???
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MJ11B4P:

View Quote
A contact high from smelling pot in traffic?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By missychapo:
Driving under the influence is a crime.
DUI drivers are low life scumbags, they kill and maim more people than violent criminals. That includes drunks and druggies.
Harsher laws are needed.
View Quote
So they already broke the law by driving under the influence and you say we need to make it more illegal? I'll assume you meant harsher penalties.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I rent cars a lot - at least a few times a month. I've never once smelled weed.

Who are you renting from???
View Quote

Budget her tz enterprise Avis tried the mall the best one is national I joined the emerald whatever club and then you can pick whatever car they’ve got out there so I’ll pick one that doesn’t stink however sometimes it’s too expensive to go that route
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#50]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

I've heard some hilarious stories of folks claiming they got a "contact high" from inhaling the smallest amount of second hand smoke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:
Originally Posted By CavVet:

Potneedlephobic

I attended a Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd tribute band) concert at a small venue once.  You could barely see the stage and the laser light effects didn't need to supply it's own smoke machines.  

I was also in a car once that was used to smoke half an ounce. Car was so baked out I couldn't read the time on the radio display from the back seat... it just made a solid green glow throughout the car.  Although it might have also just been that I couldn't read numbers by that point anymore.

Ahhh High School...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top