Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait until November it will be cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boomer:
I don’t even want to know what our Tropitone set would cost these days.
View Quote

We have four Tropitone rocking recliners and an OW Lee fire table we bought about three years ago, with a like number of reclining fold-ups in storage to handle overflow. With the glass wind guard, beaten copper close-out for the fire table and covers for all of it, I know what we paid PRE-covid. If it's spiked like everything else it's likely retarded expensive now.

But...our previous set lasted over 18 years, ten of that outside in Florida. You can go cheap over and over again, or pay the ticket for good stuff that's going to last. I've always preferred the latter option.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Buying used at an antique store is probably cheapest way to get a quality piece of furniture. I picked up a really nice set from the 60s about 25 years ago at an antique shop.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

We have four Tropitone rocking recliners and an OW Lee fire table we bought about three years ago, with a like number of reclining fold-ups in storage to handle overflow. With the glass wind guard, beaten copper close-out for the fire table and covers for all of it, I know what we paid PRE-covid. If it's spiked like everything else it's likely retarded expensive now.

But...our previous set lasted over 18 years, ten of that outside in Florida. You can go cheap over and over again, or pay the ticket for good stuff that's going to last. I've always preferred the latter option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Originally Posted By Boomer:
I don’t even want to know what our Tropitone set would cost these days.

I have Tropitone as well and got it on the cheap when they were closing the store down and it will probably out last me.  

I will say one thing on high end patio furniture, it will last an incredibly long long time, but you still have to take care of it pending where you live.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top