User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:
At least you are going to an event where there will be women at or close to your age as opposed to that one guy on here who was wanting to hook up with teenagers at church.  Nothing wrong with meeting a woman at church as long as you don’t make it weird and creepy.
View Quote

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BoilingToad:
No doubt, I could picture the situation as I read it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoilingToad:
Originally Posted By CopyRepairMan007:
Originally Posted By adamtheduke:
The 30's to 50's singles crowd at the congregation I attend is comprised of a few palpably desperate men and a woman who, having escaped a terrible marriage, likely has no intentions of future entanglement. I honestly suspect a particular trio of cringey batchelors does a fair amount to keep marriageable women away. One such young lady in her mid twenties is so tightly flanked by her parents and grandparents that an interested male could sooner fly a paper airplane through an automatic car wash in a single throw than share a private word with her. Meanwhile she ages at a rate which challenges her makeup's ability to hide it.

You have a gift for writing.
No doubt, I could picture the situation as I read it.

Now I am looking for car washes that might let me
Throw a paper airplane through.

As for the OP, I'd look into dancing classes which always have a surplus of women. There are singles co-ed sports/activity groups round here. Hiking, biking, softball, kickball, soccer with social time afterward. One buddy of mine met his wife there. They kick you out after you pair up but they both liked playing softball and kept it a secret for like a year.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]

With that many wives, that dude was definitely miserable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Ben Franklin has joined the chat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Advtrbound:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advtrbound:

I think he wound up in prison.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PCB66:
Just go  a few times and not be pushy.  The chicks that are interested in you will gravitate towards you as they get to know you.
View Quote

That's exactly how to play it...always maintain the upper hand in the power balance
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

I believe one would use a valet to send a calling card to her and hope a card is returned, if I remember Jane Austen correctly from High School.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kharn:
Originally Posted By adamtheduke:
The 30’s to 50’s singles crowd at the congregation I attend is comprised of a few palpably desperate men and a woman who, having escaped a terrible marriage, likely has no intentions of future entanglement. I honestly suspect a particular trio of cringey batchelors does a fair amount to keep marriageable women away. One such young lady in her mid twenties is so tightly flanked by her parents and grandparents that an interested male could sooner fly a paper airplane through an automatic car wash in a single throw than share a private word with her. Meanwhile she ages at a rate which challenges her makeup’s ability to hide it.

I believe one would use a valet to send a calling card to her and hope a card is returned, if I remember Jane Austen correctly from High School.

Kharn

Sliding into DM’s in the Regency Era.

Originally Posted By CopyRepairMan007:

You have a gift for writing.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By thawntex:
Update: I'd say there was a slight majority of women in a crowd of maybe a little less than 50. There were definitely some attractive ones. I showed up early and struck up a conversation right off the bat with the one woman who had also arrived early.

I resolved to not be bashful upon entering the theater and sit next to someone attractive. I knew within three seconds where I wanted to go, sat down, and eventually starting chatting with the woman to my left.

The organizers acknowledged that the movie setting wasn't exactly conducive to socializing. Apparently they usually do other stuff where you can hang out more. At any rate, there was close to a half hour where you could sit and talk with people, and I enjoyed the conversations. The whole setting was very casual.

The movie was good and as we were walking out I asked the woman I sat next to if she wanted to meet for coffee. I was turned down . I'm glad to have least been in an environment where you can walk right in and meet someone worth asking out. I'll eventually hear a yes.

It was worth the time and something I'd consider doing again. I went to the bar afterwards and turned around like Abe Simpson because I didn't feel like drinking or hanging out there. The church crowd was honestly pretty good company and after that broke up I didn't feel the need to do anything else. I'm home now, 100% sober and content.
View Quote

Good attitude, man, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I met my wife wearing skin tight leather pants whoring it up in a club 35 years ago.  I fixed her.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Where does one find out when and where these single people meeting events are?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:

Like sausages?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vikingsouthpaw:
While doing a similar thing, I was told by other group members that food increases the number of ladies that attend.

Like sausages?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
I wouldn't waste my time with a 30-50's single night if you want kids. Find yourself a younger, healthier, and more biologically viable woman.
View Quote

No way a 49 year old dude wants kids unless he's a moron or suicidal
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Update: I'd say there was a slight majority of women in a crowd of maybe a little less than 50. There were definitely some attractive ones. I showed up early and struck up a conversation right off the bat with the one woman who had also arrived early.

I resolved to not be bashful upon entering the theater and sit next to someone attractive. I knew within three seconds where I wanted to go, sat down, and eventually starting chatting with the woman to my left.

The organizers acknowledged that the movie setting wasn't exactly conducive to socializing. Apparently they usually do other stuff where you can hang out more. At any rate, there was close to a half hour where you could sit and talk with people, and I enjoyed the conversations. The whole setting was very casual.

The movie was good and as we were walking out I asked the woman I sat next to if she wanted to meet for coffee. I was turned down . I'm glad to have least been in an environment where you can walk right in and meet someone worth asking out. I'll eventually hear a yes.

It was worth the time and something I'd consider doing again. I went to the bar afterwards and turned around like Abe Simpson because I didn't feel like drinking or hanging out there. The church crowd was honestly pretty good company and after that broke up I didn't feel the need to do anything else. I'm home now, 100% sober and content.
View Quote
Sounds like you need more like a dance or social mixer instead of movie night

Even game night works
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:29:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miles_Urbanus] [#16]
Originally Posted By Dusty1450:
View Quote

The power of the internet! I'd be surprised if such events are not online, unless they are invite only for a small exclusive audiencelike the OPs church meet up.

I really think events not billed exclusively to singles are probably better. But I havent been single for 18 years. Any class or event with hands on art activities is going to attract a lot of women. Dancing, Drawing, painting, sculpting, throwing pottery, etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
GD. "you want to meet a nice virtuous woman? Go to church."

also GD. "Don't go to church singles night it's nothing but a group of used up losers. "
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:

The power of the internet! I'd be surprised if such events are not online, unless they are invite only for a small exclusive audiencelike the OPs church meet up.

I really think events not billed exclusively to singles are probably better. But I havent been single for 18 years. Any class or event with hands on art activities is going to attract a lot of women. Dancing, Drawing, painting, sculpting, throwing pottery, etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:
Originally Posted By Dusty1450:

It was publicly advertised on their website and open to anyone.

I already had a profile set up from the Bible study I had attended so it was easy to register and pay the 20 bucks for the event.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
GD. "you want to meet a nice virtuous woman? Go to church."

also GD. "Don't go to church singles night it's nothing but a group of used up losers. "
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]
That church wants men to be miserable.
View Quote

They don't want miserable men to be happy?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#21]
That's how I met my wife of 30 years, at a Friday Church happy hour. The Church 'singles group' might as well have been an arfcom get together. There was always something going on every week with only a few occasional church related things
during the year. Every Friday was karaoke and happy hour at a different bar,  every year we had a group ski trip in Feb which was more like a frat party than anything, all day driving scavenger hunts ending at a bar, movie nights, Super Bowl parties, big annual Xmas party. I guess I should mention we're Catholic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CS223:
That's how I met my wife of 30 years, at a Friday Church happy hour. The Church 'singles group' might as well have been an arfcom get together. There was always something going on every week with only a few occasional church related things
during the year. Every Friday was karaoke and happy hour at a different bar,  every year we had a group ski trip in Feb which was more like a frat party than anything, all day driving scavenger hunts ending at a bar, movie nights, Super Bowl parties, big annual Xmas party. I guess I should mention we're Catholic.
View Quote

"Xmas"?  Really?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Good for you op the night sounds like a win . You went out talked to an actual woman and  asked her out.  No matter it didn't work out. Practice makes perfect.  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Primecube] [#24]

View Quote

Glad it worked out.  Wish they had something around me!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I am really curious if these church ladies have nice manicures.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#26]

The broads are there looking for a wallet.
View Quote

Most likely this.  Bunch of broke old ladies pasted their prime (if they ever had one) looking for a sponsor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#27]
Originally Posted By JoeSP1:
It's chess, OP. I took an aerobics class at the local college. The only other male in the class was a guy a few years younger than me with Down's Syndrome. I kind of paired up with him and this was noticed.

Noticed by the hottest chick in the class, who liked my kind heart. She later let me insert tab A into slot B just about any time I wanted.

That was in 2006. To this day, she's the hottest girl I have ever had.

Got take a pottery class, a basic sewing course, or something related to birds or plants.
View Quote

Wow, You hit it like a in a aerobics class?      

Right On Broseph!

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Alpinist:

This guy’s a swordsman. Pay attention
View Quote

Srsly
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GreenGoose:
I met my wife wearing skin tight leather pants whoring it up in a club 35 years ago.  I fixed her.
View Quote

User name fits.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
It was publicly advertised on their website and open to anyone.

I already had a profile set up from the Bible study I had attended so it was easy to register and pay the 20 bucks for the event.
View Quote

Still sounds like you had to be in the know to find out about it, unless that many people are randomly surfing the local church websites.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
Ben Franklin has joined the chat.
View Quote

Advice to a Friend on Choosing a Mistress
"The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#32]
I've had luck asking if they have a schoolgirl uniform in the closet they'd like to try on or if they've ever been to a sex dungeon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the update.   Don't get discouraged, keep trying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By midcap:

Nerds
View Quote

Make for better friends and people in general. Ask Penny.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:05:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#37]

View Quote

Keep going............you will hear yes. But if you go again, talk to women other than the one you asked for coffee. Eventually she will see you talking to others and try to get you to ask her again, but dont ask her again............
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Nerds

I never made love to someone on the spectrum...how is it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#39]

I never made love to someone on the spectrum...how is it?
View Quote

And I never fucked a whale.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#40]
next time back off on the Brut Colone a little.

just keep on going back till ya find one worth your while. it ain't always the prettiest one there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By konger:
Fugly chunky broads with facial hair or skinny unattractive nerds. There will probably be a couple of hotties (like 6/10 or 7/10) who will be talking to one another in a solidarity move to fend off the massive amount of cock being hurled at them.
View Quote
Funny you say that. Three of the prettiest ladies there were grouped together and seemed to have created a protective bubble around themselves. They were the first to bolt once the movie was over

Well a bit of an update, I went grocery shopping at the store a woman I talked to (not the one I asked out, the one who showed up early and I spoke with in the lobby) works at. I ran into her on the way out.

We had a nice chat and I'll likely go sit with her at the afternoon service at this church on Sunday. She's pretty open about her life and clearly looking for marriage and children. I'm open about mine too, and clear about already having kids and my marriage going south not too long ago.

Fortunately that's out of the way and I can look forward to having a female friend who's connected to this church and in the singles group. I understand that this is about growing a network and getting to know all kinds of people.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Funny you say that. Three of the prettiest ladies there were grouped together and seemed to have created a protective bubble around themselves. They were the first to bolt once the movie was over

Well a bit of an update, I went grocery shopping at the store a woman I talked to (not the one I asked out, the one who showed up early and I spoke with in the lobby) works at. I ran into her on the way out.

We had a nice chat and I'll likely go sit with her at the afternoon service at this church on Sunday. She's pretty open about her life and clearly looking for marriage and children. I'm open about mine too, and clear about already having kids and my marriage going south not too long ago.

Fortunately that's out of the way and I can look forward to having a female friend who's connected to this church and in the singles group. I understand that this is about growing a network and getting to know all kinds of people.
View All Quotes
Fugly chunky broads with facial hair or skinny unattractive nerds. There will probably be a couple of hotties (like 6/10 or 7/10) who will be talking to one another in a solidarity move to fend off the massive amount of cock being hurled at them.

damn bro...you must be a stud...met her twice and she's already saying she wants your essence.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#43]

damn bro...you must be a stud...met her twice and she's already saying she wants your essence.
View All Quotes

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with my essence. They fixed my ex-wife when we had our second child, so it's been 16 years since I had to worry about making another one.

What should I do?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with my essence.

What should I do?
View Quote

You cut a hole in the bottom of your popcorn bucket and stick your dick in it next time there's a movie night.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]

You cut a hole in the bottom of your popcorn bucket and stick your dick in it next time there's a movie night.
View All Quotes
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with my essence.

What should I do?

That sounds a lot better than a vasectomy, thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
You hit on the ugly ones, it makes the hot ones jealous and they come to you.

Study up and unfuck yourself for next time.
View Quote

There is some real truth here.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top