Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 5:20:52 PM EDT
Saw a bottle each of the 9 and 10 year bourbon today in town for $300 and $400 respectively.
This store usually sells at MSRP so I’m guessing these are not secondary markups.
I’m a poor and not a bourbon connoisseur so I don’t know if these are good bourbons or if that’s a good price.
Any thoughts….?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I could not find the MSRP, but the secondary market prices are well above what's being asked at the store.

Might be a good buy if you intend to flip the bottles.

As for the juice, I'm not a big Willet fan.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:
Saw a bottle each of the 9 and 10 year bourbon today in town for $300 and $400 respectively.
This store usually sells at MSRP so I’m guessing these are not secondary markups.
I’m a poor and not a bourbon connoisseur so I don’t know if these are good bourbons or if that’s a good price.
Any thoughts….?
View Quote

10 year likely not their distillate but if it’s the purple top bourbons that’s a very reasonable price. Secondary for the purple tops is roughly 100/yr of age
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Took this picture two days ago, in my area; purple top 10 year Willet on the right:
Attachment Attached File

Took it to send to my wife, as that seems like insane pricing to me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JesseCJC:

10 year likely not their distillate but if it’s the purple top bourbons that’s a very reasonable price. Secondary for the purple tops is roughly 100/yr of age
View Quote

10yr is their stuff. 300/400 is standard pricing.  100/yr is way over secondary.  Maybe 1/2 of that.  

Willet single barrel bourbon and ryes are *terrible* for the price. Please never pay 300+ for a 9 year old bourbon that tastes like cinnamon red hots. These prices are going to implode and inventory will be insane within a few years.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a few bottles of their “family estate small batch” for a friend. He said it’s his new favorite. It’s a 4 year old batch, that he says is amazing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I won the opportunity to buy a 9 year "Whiskers on Kittens" for MSRP @ $303.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a bottle of the rye when I visited the distillery.  I heard amazing things about it, and I’m not a rye fanatic.  
I wish I had bought a case of it.

Planning a trip down there eventually to stock back up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top