BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:

It seems you do not know very much about the homeless, so let me clue you in.

Most of them are homeless because they are drug/alcoholic using scum whose families kicked them out because they stole everything that wasn't nailed down to sell for drug money and then committed acts of violence while high.  The rest are either legit crazy that should be in an asylum, or actually want to live that kind of life because they do not want to follow any of society's rules.  The latter cross over with the substance abusers to the point it is hard to tell the difference and it is a kind of chicken or the egg thing.

I feel some sympathy for the actual crazy ones.  I have dealt with thousands of homeless due to work.  I can count on my fingers the number that were just decent poor people down on their luck.

Let it sink in they are homeless because of their own choices.  Reopen the asylums for the crazies and then drive the rest into the wilderness.
View Quote

@Aikibiker
I know exactly who they are. Some were residents in my ward. Yes, they had addictions, but if you let them out, they were back in days or weeks and treatment was back to square one. Most committed a full range of crimes, including murder. Yes, many on the street can do menial work but is it worth paying someone to closely watch them 24/7? That depends on how much crime you want to put up with. The job was a good gig for college students wanting to make money rather than take out loans. The three of us worked night shift, studied and went to classes in the morning or evening before going to work again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Its not a homeless problem

Its a drug and a mental health problem

Very few homeless are actually sober and right in the head.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

Maybe we should send the homeless to Ukraine.
View Quote

That would be more humane than Russia. Putin would just kill them when they failed boot camp. I know, what boot camp.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TruckinAR:

Thats the rub!

Homelessness should not be a crime.

As for where do they go to sleep, I guess anywhere the residents are not complaining about it.

If we were a civilized country as we say we are, being homeless would be an exception.
Instead, we reward begging and getting handouts, instead of helping people learn to take care of themselves.
Over taxation, over regulation, and WAY too much Gov't intervention on personal property is the cause.

Example:
Why the FUCK do you need a permit to build a deck in your backyard? Permits and permission for fucking EVERYTHING.

I can see a permit to tap into the grid, and even if you are renting out to others, kind of makes some sense.

I can also see where separating true commercial from residential. Garage .biz should be different (without a danger to the public)

Gov created this fucking mess
View Quote

No, it wasn't govt created. Then addicts created it. The families who threw them out on the street created it. The do-gooder wackos who closed the mental facilities and again threw them out on the street. They also knew they would sell their drugs on the street or commit crimes to pay for their habits. The do-gooders just sukered the govt to foot the bill.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
Previous posters have nailed it.  The VAST majority of "homeless" are addicted and/or mentally ill.  We used to have asylums for such people but the ACLU said that was mean so now we have the "homeless" pissing and shitting on the sidewalk and often dying there.

The obvious answer is obvious - open the asylums again.  If they dry out or get sane, they can leave.  If not, then not.

It won't be cheap but it's far better than what we have now.

It won't happen, though, because blue people in blue cities won't let it happen.  So, let the blue cities be blue, and let sane people send the "homeless" to the blue cities.  I call that a Win-Win.
View Quote

So, all this begs the question, why are we legalizing the drugs? The homeless are still committing crimes for their addictions and we are creating more addicts. We are making our own problems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

I don’t think the asylums are coming back.  Minimum security prison with drug rehab (required) and vocational training (optional) might be achievable.  Some druggies will get better, some will sort themselves out as real problems.
View Quote

The prisons are much more expensive, both to build and maintain. The LE salaries will also be much higher. Rehab programs rarely work with these people. The brain damage can't be reversed. Every resident I had was there for life. Have you ever worked in a ward for the criminally insane? I have. Most people can't imagine that job, much less work there. Turnover is always high. Forcing a mental patient into rehab is far more complicated than just locking a door behind them. I have seen them smoke grass clippings believing it is MJ and drink water thinking it is gin and get high and/or drunk with all the real reactions. It was normal for 30-40% of staff to call in sick on full moon nights. It is hell night. Who wants to wrestle with residents covered in feces all night? You have to hose them down and then dress them, put them to bed, and pray they stay there. Some did. For most of them, it was a rinse and repeat. The minimum wage pay scale won't work there either.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
There should be talks of slashing legal immigration too. There is no need to keep bringing 3+ million "legal" immigrants a year as though it's a religious requirement, when millions are unemployed and millions may be sleeping out in the street.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top