Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

WoW (Page 89 of 92)
Page / 92
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#1]
we are going to butcher tonight. had a rough time with first boss and getting the right group in range for the chain pull toss into the stands. finally figured it out. did get a belt off tarina last night though

629 ilvl now, still using the heroic Boa weapon though. Tank got gloves and it dropped a fist weapon that no one could use
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've yet again reached that point where casual play is getting boring, but I don't have the time required to go hardcore.

I really need to just focus on crafting.  Build a trade empire.  Crap I can do on my own schedule.  Actually, on my kid's schedules.

It's hard to walk away from instances and raiding though.  Man I miss that.

Same point I quit MoP at, really.  I think I have 7 days left on subscription to decide.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
We got the first 2 bosses down.  I got gloves from the butcher.
 We got the third boss to 12% before hitting his 10minute enrage timer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Twelvepack:
I've yet again reached that point where casual play is getting boring, but I don't have the time required to go hardcore.

I really need to just focus on crafting.  Build a trade empire.  Crap I can do on my own schedule.  Actually, on my kid's schedules.

Same point I quit MoP at, really.  I think I have 7 days left on subscription to decide.
View Quote

You have reached the boring point in a month? I don't think wow is the game for you. I have leveled 1 toon to 100 so far. Have not even TOUCHED any of my 3 other 90's that are ready to go to Draenor. I still need to complete the Iron Docks on Heroic to finish up all the WoD heroic Dungeons. I am not a casual player either. There is simply so much to do in this game at this point I have no trouble stayin occupied.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Deadeye675:

You have reached the boring point in a month? I don't think wow is the game for you. I have leveled 1 toon to 100 so far. Have not even TOUCHED any of my 3 other 90's that are ready to go to Draenor. I still need to complete the Iron Docks on Heroic to finish up all the WoD heroic Dungeons. I am not a casual player either. There is simply so much to do in this game at this point I have no trouble stayin occupied.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think he's saying he doesn't have time for dungeons or raids so now he's bored.

I'm in the same situation somewhat. Leveled 1 to on to 100. Don't have time for dungeons or raids. I pretty much hop on to do garrison stuff and maybe a few quests. I'm not bored though. I'm itching to level my other toons. I just really want to avoid MoP. Don't want to pay $60\per for 5 levels. I quit in cata and don't have time or feel like going from 85-90.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
not sure how one wouldn't have time for dungeons but I won't discount it

yea if that's the case - wow probably isn't the best game for you
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:03:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twelvepack] [#7]
Originally Posted By NUCdt04:
not sure how one wouldn't have time for dungeons but I won't discount it

yea if that's the case - wow probably isn't the best game for you
View Quote

And if you consider dungeons to be raiding I'm not sure WoW is the game for you.  

ETA:  Okay, first I was like, who the hell said anything about stopping instances?  Then I read back and saw that I did.  I don't think you quite understood what I was saying, though.

I have 10 garrisons cranking shit out right now.  I can stay fully engaged in crafting and never leave the garrison, and if I were going to become craft overlord, that's what I'd be doing.  FAR more time consuming than grinding instances, but you do it at your own pace...hell, most nights my boy is asleep on my shoulder as I run through my craft stuff.  I think he finds the clickity-click-click of the mouse soothing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Like a junkie seeing a needle...I've re-upped my subscription and purchased WoD upgrade.  2 years clean and now I'm off the wagon.

The problem is that I leveled one of my druid tanks to 90 and now I'm in the new realm with no abilities.  How soon do I get to a capital city to find a trainer?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Like a junkie seeing a needle...I've re-upped my subscription and purchased WoD upgrade.  2 years clean and now I'm off the wagon.

The problem is that I leveled one of my druid tanks to 90 and now I'm in the new realm with no abilities.  How soon do I get to a capital city to find a trainer?
View Quote

You have to go to the Dark Portal and go through the quest chain there to get all your abilities back.

Be thankful you're a tank...I did that crap as resto, lol, it was paaaaainful.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]

You have to go to the Dark Portal and go through the quest chain there to get all your abilities back.

View All Quotes

Ugh...my moonkin is my main toon and I did notice that a few spells seemed to be gone from my toolbar but I figured that was from character redesign.  I'm dreading what's going to happen when I switch to resto...better do that before I queue.  I figured I just screwed myself with the tank.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Ugh...my moonkin is my main toon and I did notice that a few spells seemed to be gone from my toolbar but I figured that was from character redesign.  I'm dreading what's going to happen when I switch to resto...better do that before I queue.  I figured I just screwed myself with the tank.

Thank you!
View All Quotes

Thank you!

lol, nope, the redesign got rid of a few buttons...but the boosted toons start with like 2 skills, and you have to do their little quests to get the full contingent of skills.  Intros new players to the class/game a little slower, I guess, shows them the main spells.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Soooo...since we're fighting the original Lich King in this expansion (his wife is one of your followers, lol)....is it possible Arthas is going to show up at some point and be on our side?

I sorta understand the chain of events, just not sure of the timeline involved.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TexasTerror:

I think he's saying he doesn't have time for dungeons or raids so now he's bored.

I'm in the same situation somewhat. Leveled 1 to on to 100. Don't have time for dungeons or raids. I pretty much hop on to do garrison stuff and maybe a few quests. I'm not bored though. I'm itching to level my other toons. I just really want to avoid MoP. Don't want to pay $60\per for 5 levels. I quit in cata and don't have time or feel like going from 85-90.
View All Quotes

If you've done any of the pet battle stuff it's possible to level > 100 w/o ever touching zones you don't want to hit.  I know someone who's done multiple toons > 100 from 90 that way.   it's relatively forgiving if you are in front of the computer doing other things and just start a battle and work it at your own pace.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Soooo...since we're fighting the original Lich King in this expansion (his wife is one of your followers, lol)....is it possible Arthas is going to show up at some point and be on our side?

View Quote

I don't think so. This is more a Warcraft 2 timeline, not WC3/TFT.

Which reminds me, I need to find my discs. Those were fun times.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

Well, if he's a good guy in this timeline, he could at least show up for a scenario or two courtesy of the bronze dragonlfight.  

That would actually be pretty funny if they had him showing up randomly in instances to help you, having one-sided conversations with an invisible Chromie.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I got pulled into a LFR with some raid mates this afternoon, and OMG easy.  IF you have any organization you can stomp it out.  We were done in 25 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Last night I finally got to raid.  Did 6/7 normal mode, Kargath in Heroic, and some low % wipes on the Butcher heroic.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
Last night I finally got to raid.  Did 6/7 normal mode, Kargath in Heroic, and some low % wipes on the Butcher heroic.
View Quote

grats. Brackenspore gave us fits tonight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#19]
WOOTWOOT!
I managed get a decent PC that can upgraded but now has enough umph to play WOW. So after 2 days with Blizzard helping me revive my account I popped on-line in Ogrimmar last night to check my toons. I pleasingly found my account pretty much as I had left it. I thought I had more gold but who cares. Everything is so foriegn to me! I have to learn the controls, add-ons, how to play lol. If anyone plays in Akama Realm gimme a shout. I'm planning on getting the new expansion for Xmas so it will be fun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I usually pride myself on being able to execute mechanics, but I dropped the ball on bracken heroic.  Someone who would have been higher dps tunneling the boss had to do the flame throwers.  I just blocked spores.

So 6/7 normal, and as of last night 5/7 heroic. Think we'll get Koragh if all the people will be there.  Then either to normal Imperator or mythic Kargath.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I was kind of hoping the Highmaul Coliseum was going to give me weeks of pvp goodness trying to get the Lord of War title. I got my Gladiator Sanctum to level 3 yesterday and got the title on my second try

Guess it's back to RBG's and try for High Warlord this season.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Lemme tell ya, Imperator Mar'gok is way more complicated than any other normal fight, and is probably harder to execute than the first 5 heroic fights.  We got him last night though.  I got to be the Branded Bitch.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/38gwVxbGRq2B9y74#type=damage-done
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Just started playing after taking a few years off.  So far it's been a lot of fun playing a hunter and have got geared relatively quickly.  Hitting up Highmaul tomorrow.  Now if I could only find a group that wasn't retarded so I could complete the Leeroy follower achieve..
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By manosteel00:
Just started playing after taking a few years off.  So far it's been a lot of fun playing a hunter and have got geared relatively quickly.  Hitting up Highmaul tomorrow.  Now if I could only find a group that wasn't retarded so I could complete the Leeroy follower achieve..
View Quote

I joined up with a random group in the middle of the run, killed the lil' beast, and up strolls Leeroy.

I got a decent Leeroy, buy one of the peeps got the most awesome Burst/Mount combo.  I was jealous.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally get a 645 weapon from a follower mission (woohoo!) and I lucked out and got crit/multistrike which is awesome for my current spec.  Blizz goes and really changes the other two hunter specs, to the point that now I don't know which is actually better.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone doing anything interesting? My druid is 100 and I've been working on my garrison everyday. Just started leveling my warrior that I used my boost on. He's a bar from 94 at the moment. Up through 90-93 I was fury but I just switched over to prot at 93 and I LOVE it. Just gather up a big group of mobs and aoe them down and come out of it full HP. Plan on tanking a few dungeons once I get a good grasp on my abilities. I've been out of this game too long. It's changed alot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Anyone doing anything interesting? My druid is 100 and I've been working on my garrison everyday. Just started leveling my warrior that I used my boost on. He's a bar from 94 at the moment. Up through 90-93 I was fury but I just switched over to prot at 93 and I LOVE it. Just gather up a big group of mobs and aoe them down and come out of it full HP. Plan on tanking a few dungeons once I get a good grasp on my abilities. I've been out of this game too long. It's changed alot.
View Quote

The warrior is quite fun right now.  I'm finding it hard to split time with my priest which seems rather dull in comparison. (not that healing is ever dull, but it isn't a challenge at all right now).

I've got the two toons at 100, and three more (rogue, mage and huntard) at 95 just chilling in their garrisons slowly gathering resource, haha.  I'm having a hard time deciding which one I want to get to 100 next.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been lvling a Retribution Paliden by mostly running dungeons I'm a 48 so far. I might move my Warlock to this new realm, Idk. I have a guild and several alts on another server. so much has changed. I have to relearn pretty much everything. Even the cities have changed so much I get lost.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Leveling alts.

I was not in love with my hunter until I made her a 630 gun.  HO LEE FUK.

Same with the rogue.  Made him a couple of 630 daggers.  Still sucks balls on aoe...but for solo play, man, it just doesn't get a whole lot more fun than that.

Paladin?  Check....a spec change to drop the improved WoG and pick up a damage shield made it a worthwhile toon....a 630 sword and shield made it fun.

In short....I strongly recommend avoiding alts until you can make or buy their 630 weapons.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone elses general or trade chats full of a bunch of libtard marxist derp? Hyjal seems to be a commie hell hole.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tyrendeth:
Anyone elses general or trade chats full of a bunch of libtard marxist derp? Hyjal seems to be a commie hell hole.
View Quote

Lagbringer trade chat was always fun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Already bored with the new expansion. I am going back to the Snes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm finally starting to get garrison missions for 630 gear. The problem I'm having is jot enough of a mix of abilities on my followers. There's more for me to get and I'm slowly working on it.

I also am waiting on completing the salvaging pays off achieve so I can get lvl 3 salvage yard and hopefully get some good gear from the crates.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm finally starting to get garrison missions for 630 gear. The problem I'm having is jot enough of a mix of abilities on my followers. There's more for me to get and I'm slowly working on it.

I also am waiting on completing the salvaging pays off achieve so I can get lvl 3 salvage yard and hopefully get some good gear from the crates.
View Quote

I've got lvl three salvage, mine, inn, garrison, etc. The follower upgrades from salvage are pretty sweet until you get sick of it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Well finally got 7/7 heroic down with my reformed guild. Got a 660 ilvl and life is good. Now on to mythics.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:47:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I made a priest alt to try out since I haven't made a new toon in a long time. The sheer amount of derp going on in these lower level dungeon runs would be horrifying to anyone who played classic WoW. I've played off and on since before BC and it just staggers me how far you can get in the game without figuring out how a class works now that it's been dumbed down so much. I'm grouping with people in the mid 40's who still haven't figured out what type of armor they should equip. Worse, if I go any further in the game I'll start getting DK's in the groups.

I'm not going to pay to skip to level 90, but I now understand why some people do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jinxsters] [#38]
Originally Posted By Masterbagger:
I made a priest alt to try out since I haven't made a new toon in a long time. The sheer amount of derp going on in these lower level dungeon runs would be horrifying to anyone who played classic WoW. I've played off and on since before BC and it just staggers me how far you can get in the game without figuring out how a class works now that it's been dumbed down so much. I'm grouping with people in the mid 40's who still haven't figured out what type of armor they should equip. Worse, if I go any further in the game I'll start getting DK's in the groups.

I'm not going to pay to skip to level 90, but I now understand why some people do it.
View Quote

If they kept this game like they did back in Vanilla as in their dungeon system, questing, etc, their subscriptions would plummet. You want coordination and something difficult raid mythics or pvp.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

If they kept this game like they did back in Vanilla as in their dungeon system, questing, etc, their subscriptions would plummet. You want coordination and something difficult raid mythics or pvp.
View All Quotes

Subscriptions have been declining for years as it is. I'm out. I do not like the fact that I can play with no interaction from a guild and no wandering around looking for group. It's now like a single player game and the other players in your pug are just NPC's. I can play single player stuff for no monthly fee on my console.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I know what you mean about pugs these days. You load into the zone and the tank just takes off towards the mobs. Whole dungeon run no one says a word, may as well be robots.

I came back from long break and my guild is dead so I have no one to serenade with my wookiee roars over vent. No one to share Chuck Norris facts with. It's brutal trying to mmo without any social stuff going on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Powerkicker:

Subscriptions have been declining for years as it is. I'm out. I do not like the fact that I can play with no interaction from a guild and no wandering around looking for group. It's now like a single player game and the other players in your pug are just NPC's. I can play single player stuff for no monthly fee on my console.
View All Quotes

Yep. Dungeon finder/raid finder were double edged swords. One one hand, they saved time and made life easier. On the other, you didn't walk out of a dungeon with 4 new friends every time.

Now with garrisons, you don't even have to go to the major cities hardly at all anymore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jinxsters] [#42]

View All Quotes

Decline? You do know WoW went from 7 mil to 10 mil when the expansion drops correct? Sounds up to me. As I said before if you want to do the hard stuff find a guild and do the hard stuff. Like herioc CM's, raids, pvp, and what not. However if you're not a pleasant person or a team player most guilds won't take you. Some people aren't meant to be team players. Regardless this game has something for everyone. Just sayin.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I know what you mean about pugs these days. You load into the zone and the tank just takes off towards the mobs. Whole dungeon run no one says a word, may as well be robots.

I came back from long break and my guild is dead so I have no one to serenade with my wookiee roars over vent. No one to share Chuck Norris facts with. It's brutal trying to mmo without any social stuff going on.
View Quote

Sometimes I like those runs. All I do anymore is talk to wow guildies. Getting away and just having mindless fun can actually be stress relieving and fun sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I had to reroll a monk. I just can't take any more pug tanks, especially not with DK's about to appear in dungeon finder groups.

Do you all have any must have addons? I picked up tellmewhen to track stuff like shuffle and elusive brew and another to display my energy and resources in a nice big bar I can move. Monk has a lot of stuff to juggle and I can't keep track of it all when each thing is shown in a different corner of the screen.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I use weak auras to setup timers or alerts for anything.

DBM for boss mods,
And our raid group decided AngryAssignments for doing strats and assignments.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Ive leveled up to 75 so far. I was invited to a guild that my cousin is a long time standing officer in. The guild has been great in helping me with questions and what not and giving me gear advice and just gear in general.

I kinda like the LFG dungeon finder but it can suck too. Like someone stated you get into a group and the tank is gone before folks are ready then it is run run run. I have to backtrack after everyone bails to pickup and/or turn in quest. I was tanking early on but switched to DPS. When I was tanking I was told I sucked as a tank becuase I didn't run the dungeon in less than 3 minutes  WHHHATTTT? The low lvl stuff I did long time ago was pretty epic and took coordination/communication now can be run through pretty quick. Granted it was end game then.

I do like lvling in dungeons better than grinding the quests but I do both. Sometimes I level so fast that I have to drop so many quests becuase they do not offer the XP needed to level.

Just so much has changed from when I last played until now, one needs to relearn a lot, much is not even applicable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Thinking about coming back and checking out the expansion, I have not played since the week before cata. Launch. I had 1 of every class at 80, hunter was my main for 4ish years, are they useful in arena/pvp right now or should I level something else first? Any recommendations what to level first, I don't have any preference as to role. I have played every role available to every class.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By PsyKo:
Thinking about coming back and checking out the expansion, I have not played since the week before cata. Launch. I had 1 of every class at 80, hunter was my main for 4ish years, are they useful in arena/pvp right now or should I level something else first? Any recommendations what to level first, I don't have any preference as to role. I have played every role available to every class.
View Quote

Tank. Instant queues for dungeon runs but prepare to mentor new players.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Which class/classes are strongest for MT right now?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Probably warriors and dk's
Page / 92
WoW (Page 89 of 92)
Top Top