Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 1:24:04 AM EDT
Woman rescues dog after it was abandoned by driver in Long Beach
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:45:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#1]
Some people are shit, like the person who abandoned the dog. Not all people are shit, like the woman who helped the dog. Most dogs are better than most people. People should strive to be as good as dogs, but that's not happening.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for her to rescue chico
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Good job for the woman and her boyfriend.
I hope the Lexus driver dies slowly in a fire.

My grandfather was salt of the earth old time country WW2 army vet.

He taught many many lessons, but an important one was " You can't judge a person by color or money, but you can judge them by how they treat their family and animals"
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wonder if the car was stolen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

He taught many many lessons, but an important one was " You can't judge a person by color or money, but you can judge them by how they treat their family and animals"
View Quote

That doesn't really work all the time, some of the worst people in history loved animals too.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

That doesn't really work all the time, some of the worst people in history loved animals too.

https://trinities.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/hitler-and-his-dog.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/48/9f/d0489f40d46d357702b578ceed31e158.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Works the vast majority of time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Tagged for simple, brilliant wisdom...

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
Wonder if the car was stolen.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
For people that don't have a customer-oriented job, where they deal with the general public, it is hard to convey how stupid and shitty the vast majority of humanity is.

I have two jobs; one in local government, and one at a Gun store/Pawnshop. The number of idiots I encounter every week has astounded me.

Glad there are still people like that lady, with some decency left.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have nothing kind to say about the one who let the pup out, but I am glad Chico is being loved on now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the main reasonsd I retired early after 37 yrs in the ER, couldnt take the studip and mean people anymore.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Was dracula's reaction faked?

Here's The Awkward Moment When Vladimir Putin Got A Puppy As A Gift | TIME
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I would bet MONEY that everyone in the clip is violently PRO ABORTION.  Just a gut feeling...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
Some people are shit, like the person who abandoned the dog. Not all people are shit, like the woman who helped the dog. Most dogs are better than most people. People should strive to be as good as dogs, but that's not happening.
View Quote

@uncle_big_green
Yep!   There's my Colorado friend, who is providing a damn nice life to a dog that was abandoned near my farm.  We met in Kansas to pass the dog off as I had no room left at my house with all the rescues.  
I don't say it lightly but I honestly do like most dogs more than most people.  How do you drop a dog off in the middle of a busy highway instead of just driving to a rescue or shelter?
Damn, now I am pissed!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
This site really needs a dog sub forum.  For everything dog related.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#17]
One of our Mastiffs was pushed out of the back seat of a car, lady who saw it happen picked her up immediately. We ended up with her soon after since she was a bigger dog than she was comfortable with.  She was underweight, only about 100lbs, turned out she had heartworm pretty bad. Probably why she got dumped. Expensive, but worth it. Getting dumped on the road was probably the best thing for her. She had life on easy mode after that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

@uncle_big_green
Yep!   There's my Colorado friend, who is providing a damn nice life to a dog that was abandoned near my farm.  We met in Kansas to pass the dog off as I had no room left at my house with all the rescues.  
I don't say it lightly but I honestly do like most dogs more than most people.  How do you drop a dog off in the middle of a busy highway instead of just driving to a rescue or shelter?
Damn, now I am pissed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:

@uncle_big_green
Damn, now I am pissed!

@USCG_CPO

I'd like to think that some PoS stole the car as another poster suggested and the dog gets back to a loving owner, but either way, the dog is going to be okay and could have had a worse outcome.

Harry is doing well and is still spoiled.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#19]
reporter needs cpap
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Facts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top