Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/9/2024 9:53:42 AM EDT
Video at link.

Women are paying big money to scream, smash sticks in the woods. It's called a rage ritual.

Kimberly Helmus still gets chills thinking about her first rage ritual.

Two-and-a-half years ago after her divorce, the cybersecurity engineer embarked on a retreat to Scotland with Mia Banducci - an author and self-described "Spiritual Fairy Godmother," better known online as Mia Magik.

As part of the retreat, Banducci held a rage ritual: a ceremony in which participants scream and beat large sticks on the ground in the woods. Participants are encouraged to think of people and experiences that have wronged them and to scream and swing the sticks for at least 20 minutes, or until they can no longer move their arms.

Rage rituals have garnered attention on TikTok, where they've resonated, particularly with women. In comments, women describe how moving it is to see other women embody their anger - an emotion experts say society often discourages women from expressing.

"There's no place where you can see women be able to be angry like that and it not be condemned," Helmus says. " 'She's just hormonal. She's just unhinged. She's just crazy. She's just on her period. She's just, whatever.' This was a place where you were, probably for the first time in a really, really long time, if ever, able to scream out loud things about how you felt."

What is a rage ritual?

Banducci has led rage rituals for several years and began doing them first for herself, then for friends and, eventually, as part of her days-long retreats, which include other activities and can range in price from around $2,000 to $4,000. Her one-day version, she says, costs $222 per ticket.

The process of a rage ritual is pretty simple. First, Banducci says, participants gather large sticks while conjuring to mind "every person who's ever crossed you, who's ever hurt you, who's ever ignored your boundaries or taken advantage of you or abused you in any way." After some warm-up breaths, the screaming and swinging begin. The ritual is held in the woods so participants can make noise without fear of bothering people nearby.

Banducci isn't the only person who leads events dealing with rage. Secret Sanctuary will host a "Sacred Rage Ceremony" in Alberta, Canada in July, and Jessica Ricchetti - an author and self-proclaimed mystic - will host a "Sacred Rage" women's retreat in North Carolina in June.

Why do rage rituals resonate with women in particular?

Rage rituals seem to have struck a chord particularly among women, who write in social media comments how moving it is to see women let out their anger.

"Why did I have an immediate visceral reaction and start crying?" one woman wrote. "I literally cried seeing this… I NEED this," another wrote. "As a now middle aged woman with even more rage, I need this!!" wrote another.

Sarkis says this isn't surprising. After all, women have been historically discouraged from embracing their right to feel angry, she says.

Banducci says that, while men are taught to suppress sadness, women are taught to suppress rage.

"It's like, 'Don't be a bitch' or 'don't be angry' or 'don't be aggressive' or 'don't stand up for yourself.' 'Don't protect your integrity.' 'Don't tell anyone that they don't have consent to touch your body or speak to you in a certain way,' " she says. "There are particular emotions that are accepted in the gender binary that we each need to feel. Men need to cry - and it's so healthy for men to cry - and women need to be able to get angry."

By the end of her first rage ritual, Helmus says, participants were covered in dirt and mud with bruises and cuts on their hands. Sticks were broken everywhere.

She says she got a lot from the experience and has done it twice since: "It's really a place where you can be this feral, wild woman and not be looked at, other than with love and acceptance and care."
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Breaking news, women try to do something about their mental health issues instead of blaming and abusing men.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Bat shit crazy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They should rage about the prices for that shit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw some shit where they go pay to smash cars with bats while wearing PPE and everything.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I think we may have found the source of the sasquatch calls and tree knocking
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
It's very possible that the reason for the "need" is due to them/her being the actual problem and finally realizing that nobody else really cares...*goes back to swinging a golf club at the local "rage shack"* best $10 I've spent in a very long time!!!! *swings at wall of plates*
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Bring 'em on.  I'll set them up with hatchets and some firewood logs and they can de-rage all day long.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#8]
OMG

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:02:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cavedog] [#10]
I guess it's better than breaking all the dishes.

eta:  Good form.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Are they at all decent looking?  I only want to see it if they're halfway good looking.  Preferably naked.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By midmo:
Bring 'em on.  I'll set them up with hatchets and some firewood logs and they can de-rage all day long.  
View Quote

This is the way!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I usually just beat my workbench with a hammer
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kiju:
It's very possible that the reason for the "need" is due to them/her being the actual problem and finally realizing that nobody else really cares...*goes back to swinging a golf club at the local "rage shack"* best $10 I've spent in a very long time!!!! *swings at wall of plates*
View Quote

Every swing of a stick is a swing to smash the patriarchy!

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Id let her beat me
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:04:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyfender2] [#16]
White women are the most pampered, protected, catered to species on the planet.

But they have to "rage" against the horrible, cruel, male dominated world.

Okay.........
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:
Bat shit crazy.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Kiju:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a machete and will map out the trails and they can rage along through the woods all they want for $300 a day. You get a free machete to go home with as well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:05:18 AM EDT
[#19]
They don't know you can do that for free?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Where's a "bear in the woods" when you really need one?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#21]
That’s awesome.
My wife has a “ rage ritual “ at least twice a week.
Seems to help.

Problem is that it usually takes place in my home so that’s not entirely ideal..
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Yep, got 'dat good back swing goin' on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#23]
$222 per ticket per day. Kaching!!!!

$2000- $4000 for a week?!?!?!

I'd even give them a participation trophy and a diploma with a ceremony.

Brilliant!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
View Quote

Fuck, I do that at least once a week with a heavy bag and gloves in the morning. Makes a great start to the day.

I think I'll be doing that tomorrow morning, actually.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I guess if we skipped teaching a generation of women self- control, at least there's money to be made off the problem
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
View Quote

It's shared pain and anguish. expressed. Felt. Experiences shared. Bonding. Friends made along the way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ExtraHardTaco:
Bat shit crazy.
View Quote

Excuse me, Sir. But that is Mentally Unstable to you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#28]
They live notably longer than men, and there are more women than men.  What's their beef?  Don't try to explain crazy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I own some woods. There are plenty of sticks. How do I get in on this bullshit
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#30]
This has been done for years. Very old scam.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#31]
So they pay money to throw a tantrum in thr woods instead of at home...gotcha.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Kihn:
$222 per ticket per day. Kaching!!!!

$2000- $4000 for a week?!?!?!

I'd even give them a participation trophy and a diploma with a ceremony.

Brilliant!!!
View Quote

yes sir, give them gals a whoop ass stick, charge whatever you decide is a fee, a vacant lot to handle their rage, get outta da way and let em go to work. Nice profit !
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Give them some fire wood to split.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Something in our society is really destroying mental states. I don't know if it's all of the SSRIs and birth control they're on now, but I swear something's making them crazier.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I own some woods, but I don't want it polluted with what these women bare, even at the price the market can bear.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Zookeeper2280:
I think we may have found the source of the sasquatch calls and tree knocking
View Quote

That's an even scarier thought.
I would rather bump into a rabid sasquatch than a raging PMSing woman in the woods
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Getting laid is cheaper
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like witchcraft.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FullOtto:
Where's a "bear in the woods" when you really need one?
View Quote
   Bears don't want any of that bullshit either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Honestly that sounds kinda therapeutic. I wouldn't pay money to do it though.

Might bring a printer with me and beat it to death...
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Perfect demonstration of why women should not be in positions of power where they hold authority over anything. They can not control their emotions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Note to self:

Catering to the whims of suckers with more money than brains can be a lucrative endeavor.

Just look at all of the industries that have sprung up based on the business model of separating foolish leftists from their money.

To-date I have really missed the boat on this - but I strongly suspect that it's not too late to get in on the scam(s).

After all, there's one born every minute...

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Something in our society is really destroying mental states. I don't know if it's all of the SSRIs and birth control they're on now, but I swear something's making them crazier.
View Quote

That is exactly what's destroying women's mental state. And almost every mass shooter ever has been on SSRI's.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:29:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#44]
Originally Posted By tparker241:

yes sir, give them gals a whoop ass stick, charge whatever you decide is a fee, a vacant lot to handle their rage, get outta da way and let em go to work. Nice profit !
View Quote

I'd be willing to take it a step farther.

Buy a bunch of these and attach them to trees.

hang these off the bottom of them

go that extra mile for the total experience.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#45]
so after how many waves of feminism now?  not only are they still not happy, but they actually seem even less happy now.
lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#46]
More retardery.

There are very good reasons that back in the day, children of both sexes were taught to control their emotions.

The fact that the last couple generations have NOT, is why you have so many fragile yowling "mentally ill" dipshits complaining and miserable all the time, that get offended and upset about EVERYTHING. They get stuck in a feedback loop they were never taught how to control and break out of, so molehills turn into mountains in a heartbeat.

Figures some stupid wanna-be magic idiot would encourage it for profit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Those broads have hit the wall, are pissed at life and pay money to beat the ground.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Primal scream redux. And bears... bears in them thar woods.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Toxic femininity
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top