Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2022 1:47:08 PM EDT
I need better pants for work that actually last. Not that my pants fall apart from use, but occasional chemical exposure (pool chlorine) leaves them looking like crap.

I've had pairs of pants splashed in less than a day after getting them, and I seriously can't afford to continuously buy new pairs to maintain respectable clothing around the workplace.

I've been wearing Dickies relaxed fit straight leg duck carpenter jeans. They're inexpensive and incredibly comfortable, but the cotton duck material bleaches at the drop of a hat. I'll likely take them all and redye them because otherwise I really like them.  

I need something similar to a carpenter pant, but splash resistant or color safe. Whether it's ripstop nylon, tincloth, or maybe just an easy waterproofing I can apply to the cotton duck pants... does Scotchgard repel bleach?  

Anyone got any ideas?    

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a plumbing company and use and buy pants for uniforms from 5.11 Tactical.

They’re expensive as hell but have a lifetime warranty against tears.

I’ve never had pants that are more comfortable and fast drying for hot southern summers in attics and such.

My guess is any pant is going to get torn up and “bleached” if you splash chlorine on them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 2:50:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohiogators] [#2]
There will be a bunch of people that will come in here and suggest Duluth.

The pants are very comfortable, but they don't last any longer than any other work pants that I have owned.  The flex material creates weird areas of wrinkles after awhile, which makes them look old and worn out.

I'm going to back to cheaper pants. I need to look presentable to customers and I would rather buy cheaper pants and replace them more often.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The Ariat M4 rebar pants have been holding up great for me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the LA Police Gear brand.  They have a few types/styles
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Blue Mtn @ tractor supply $14. They're cheap and if you're getting chlorine on anything it's ruined, so don't drop a bunch on nice stuff. I like the ridgecut brand from TSC for durability but it's more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top