Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
At least it was over quickly.  He had less than a second to suffer before the coil rolled over his head.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a really dumb move.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Why on earth did he do that?

That was right outta looney toons
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
He flat hated that job.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:
Wow. The comments on that website.

Celebrating the guy's death because of the fucking Palestinians.
View Quote

Yea I was going to say the same thing as you comments are horrible, I don’t know what he was thinking trying to stop that roll .
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Subtech01:
In the early nineties I was doing some work at the USS steel plant in Pittsburgh California. Going to work one morning, on the Main road headed to the plant. You could see an early 1970’s Ford pickup backed up to a tractor trailer with steel coils on the trailer. The Ford looked like it was was looking for UFO’s, the front end was angled very high to the sky. The back however was just the opposite. It looked like the Semi was broken down. The Ford backed upped to the trailer. The Genius’s in the Ford unbound the back coil and rolled it into the bed. The floor of the bed was in the dirt, with everything between crushed. No quick getaway was possible. Often wondered how that one turned out. There’s a reason semi’s will have only two in a load. They will go ten tons and up .
View Quote
I heard about that one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Walk it off Yusuf!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Why store that type of heavy rolls in a place that has a slope anyway?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Don’t think I’m gonna watch that one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
Damn, it almost looked like he thought he could stop it.
View Quote

he threw a chock of wood to try and stop it.  I guess that normally works???

Some of the comments saying they are glad he is dead, and wish more Jews would die.  These little fucks are pulling for actual self proclaimed terrorist to win.

I 100% blame the media for their lies and misinformation.   I wish every one of these little fucks would go to palestine and learn real quick what these terrorist do to infidels.  I would pay to watch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#12]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
Some of the comments saying they are glad he is dead, and wish more Jews would die.  These little fucks are pulling for actual self proclaimed terrorist to win.

I 100% blame the media for their lies and misinformation.   I wish every one of these little fucks would go to palestine and learn real quick what these terrorist do to infidels.  I would pay to watch.
View Quote

That would be worth watching, Hamas tearing apart the naive western supporters of Hamas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn!  That's like Wile E. Coyote cartoon flat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:
As long as no cleavage was exposed, this video is fine for GD
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Jeez.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#17]
View Quote

In case you are curious,  that looks like about a 40,000 lb coil depending on the diameter.

It's the weight of like eight F-150s.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:52:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

In case you are curious,  that looks like about a 40,000 lb coil depending on the diameter.

View Quote
I did a REALLY rought swag and got 17K one of the comments said 20K but who knows. I assumed its 4' tall ID of 12" and 3' wide.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Precious87:

Seconded
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Precious87:
Originally Posted By tveddy:
I dont see the humor in this one

Seconded

And a third.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
I can hear his bones crushing from here.    
View Quote

I'm pretty sure all of them were broken. Not a smart move, but i feel for the guy. At least it was over in like two seconds.

A few years ago, a coil like that broke it's bonds on a semi. Fell off on one of the big, main interstate bridges in N Birmingham. It broke the bridge. I think they had to replace the bridge or a large section of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#22]
GOD have mercy that was awful
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
I dont see the humor in this one
View Quote

I never do. Especially when the folks die trying to just do a job.

The worst i recall was that Russian machinist getting wrapped up in running lathe. Long sleeve puffy coat got him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ceetee:
At least it was over quickly.  He had less than a second to suffer before the coil rolled over his head.
View Quote

That had to be the longest second of that dudes life , since it started from the feet
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:28:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg] [#26]
I don’t see the humor in this also.  Just a man working a job and killed in basically a split second decision. A bad one. The comments here are bad enough . But the cheerful comments from that website was despicable.  The people commenting are our enemies.  Mine anyway.
  I was stationed in Germany . We had a 5 ton wrecker operator get in between his wrecker and his disable vechile he was hooking up to. I believe it was a Duce & half. It moved forward and squished him flat between the two steel bumpers. It happened 50 yards from where I was working ( mechanic , motor pool ) . Some went and glanced. I couldn’t go look.  Said very little gap was between the bumpers.  He sat there for so many minuets for them to figure out how to power up the pto and run cable out to separate the trucks.  He made a mistake doing his job.  He was a U S serviceman.  I hope folks here wouldn’t make light of him also.  Wardawg
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#27]
If there ever was a time to blade at 45, that was it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#28]
..........and some people equate working in industry / manufacturing no different than McDonalds , its easy and takes little skill or smarts.

Typically its new workers or people not aware of what can happen when things fail or let go that get injured or killed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BBFCM:
I think I watched one or two videos on that site years ago. Guess that was my lifetime allotment. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/111682/IMG_6732_png-3191720.JPG
View Quote

I found that if you delete all the cookies and site data from your browser for that site, the warning goes away and you can watch it. The video was less interesting than what I had imagined.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:59:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jm0502] [#30]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:
As long as no cleavage was exposed, this video is fine for GD
View Quote

It's a slippery slope, it might ead to a bathing suit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Flysc:

I never do. Especially when the folks die trying to just do a job.

The worst i recall was that Russian machinist getting wrapped up in running lathe. Long sleeve puffy coat got him.
View Quote

That was one of the worst.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:

I think he tried to stop it

Should have went laterally
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:

I think he tried to stop it

Should have went laterally
Yeah, whereas I can kinda understand the immediate reaction without thinking, but damn man think for just a second.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BlackHoleSon:

That was one of the worst.
View Quote

Yeah that was brutal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

It’s no different than the masses of GD that cheer videos of Russian conscripts getting blown to pieces by drones.

The Middle East is a shit hole; including Israel. Evangelicals blindly supporting Israel is one of the dumber American pastimes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:25:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#35]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:

It's no different than the masses of GD that cheer videos of Russian conscripts getting blown to pieces by drones.

The Middle East is a shit hole; including Israel. Evangelicals blindly supporting Israel is one of the dumber American pastimes.
View Quote
It's still yet to be determined if the '24 class will be worse than the '23 class, but things are looking promising so far.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

View Quote

Not even close to 40.

15-20.

It’s about 3.5x3, maybe a little more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
It's still yet to be determined if the '24 class will be worse than the '23 class, but things are looking promising so far.
View Quote

Let me guess……

RUSSIANS INVADED A SOVEREIGN NATION IF THEY DON’T WANNA DIE THEY SHOULD GO HOME!!!!!!! PRAY FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!

…..,did you have the same feeling for US Marines that invaded Iraq and were blown to pieces by IEDs? Let me guess, that was different.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#38]
I handle coil every day.  Slit coils not masters like this.  Mine are 3k lbs or so.  This was probably 5x as heavy.  

Even the little ones I deal with will end you if you don't respect them, that true of the presses that use the coil too.  Dangerous jobs still exist.

Sad. Poor guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Those and logging trucks. Not alot of logging trucks around WI, but when I do see them on the highway, it makes me nervous. The way they load those trailers is sketch as hell especially when you see only one chain on the load.
View Quote

Lots and lots in the UP of Michigan.

I never follow those guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:It’s no different than the masses of GD that cheer videos of Russian conscripts getting blown to pieces by drones.

View Quote

But way way different than the people who cheer and giggle over Americans dying because they live in California.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:49:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#41]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:…..,did you have the same feeling for US Marines that invaded Iraq and were blown to pieces by IEDs? Let me guess, that was different.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Paul:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Those and logging trucks. Not alot of logging trucks around WI, but when I do see them on the highway, it makes me nervous. The way they load those trailers is sketch as hell especially when you see only one chain on the load.

Northern WI too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Human speed bumps rarely work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By xd341:
I handle coil every day.  Slit coils not masters like this.  Mine are 3k lbs or so.  This was probably 5x as heavy.

Even the little ones I deal with will end you if you don't respect them, that true of the presses that use the coil too.  Dangerous jobs still exist.

Sad. Poor guy.
View Quote
Sometimes we eat lunch below the things that make the coils.

But yeah, sad for that guys family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

Sometimes we eat lunch below the things that make the coils.

https://i.imgur.com/wk3NwUC.jpg

But yeah, sad for that guys family.

View Quote
I used to work in a large foundry, bad death was all over there.  I no shit had nightmares of falling into the induction furnaces.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#46]
I used to work in a large foundry, bad death was all over there.  I no shit had nightmares of falling into the induction furnaces.
View Quote

We had a guy that presumably got murdered by being pushed into a furnace at a uranium enrichment facility here locally. Story was that he was threatening to blow the whistle on some shady stuff happening there exposing leadership. Couldn't let that happen.

I have to imagine that's an even worse way to go.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Not just because of the Palestinians. There are those who have always hated Jewish people. The Palestinian situation is just the latest rationale for their hate. At least it's becoming quite clear who is on which side in the battle of good vs evil.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

We had a guy that presumably got murdered by being pushed into a furnace at a uranium enrichment facility here locally. Story was that he was threatening to blow the whistle on some shady stuff happening there exposing leadership. Couldn't let that happen.

I have to imagine that's an even worse way to go.
View Quote
Yeah. Given that people are basically a bag of water getting dropped into 2600 degree metal would probably make one hell of an explosion. Hot metal has so much energy its essentially a bomb.

I was the ESH guy...I got paid to imagine the worst.   That got old fast.

Coil and presses are pretty much trying to kill you all the time.  I don't fear them, but I do have a healthy respect.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#49]
My father in-law witnessed this very thing happen when he was driving flat bed semi's. He was picking up a load and said the crane operator screwed up and released a coil too soon. Rolled right over a guy that was standing about 30 feet from him. Rolled over him from the feet up, said it looked like a rolling pin going over a tube of human toothpaste.

ETA: it was a much larger coil than the one in that video.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Yep, those are no joke.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top