Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The thread that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Glocks are known for increased reliability. Part of that is having a slightly oversized chamber and some loose tolerances. If you want a match fit. Get a match barrel. Your gun is fine. You're wasting everyone's time and should feel bad. If you want a match we can laugh at you because of feeding and reliability issues after we go down that route.

You're also not being consistent with your calipers in how you're measuring the chamber. I know you're thinking you're the genius behind all of the reasons and excuses you have. Reality is you can't hit shit with it and you're blaming the tool not the man holding it.
View Quote
Harsh.. but fair. I'm with this guy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WesJanson:

Except OP can't even seem to shoot a consistent number of rounds. Maybe 4 shots, maybe 5...question you gotta ask yourself, seeing as how this is a 10mm Glock and the most powerful larping gat in the world*, is do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

*It's a small world

The concept of a statistically significant sample size clearly eludes OP. Let alone interpreting data points to come to a conclusion...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WesJanson:
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1000000621_jpg-3172471.JPG

How much for the barrel that shoots the same as the factory barrel?

I LOL'd

Un-fuckin real.

They shoot the same groups

Except OP can't even seem to shoot a consistent number of rounds. Maybe 4 shots, maybe 5...question you gotta ask yourself, seeing as how this is a 10mm Glock and the most powerful larping gat in the world*, is do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

*It's a small world

The concept of a statistically significant sample size clearly eludes OP. Let alone interpreting data points to come to a conclusion...
I initially typed out something about 4 shot groups vs 5 shot groups, plus as a reloader you'd know you need multiple groups to make any conclusion anyway.... But I didn't want to lose focus on the special sauce handloads lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JeepersCreepers:

I want to hear more about how he went to an Army training center and his shooting skills were so impressive that Majors and Colonels dropped what they were doing and watched in amazement.

View Quote

Don't forget it was his shooting skills on a "simulator" that got these Officers all hot and bothered. No real ammo was harmed during his impressive display of "simulated" marksmanship.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rabidus:
It’s been a great weekend!

1. Got a new truck on Friday.
2. My new KKM barrel arrived Friday, 2 weeks early.
3. My reloads shot better out of the KKM than factory Glock Barrel
    (to those who mocked me pages ago on my reloads/skills)
4. Factory ammo was on par with the Glock barrel and KKM.
5. I reloaded the same Nosler 135gr and MBW 200gr (as I did when I created this thread and got 8” groups) and shot out of my KKM barrel *see #3
6.  Glock barrel chamber is poo. My measurements may be suspect (due to not owning a $1000 tool) but the loaded cartridges and their wobble in the chambers between both barrels were correct and matched the groupings.

I just played with powder charge today. I will adjust COL and .+/-.1 gr to see if I can tighten groups.

KKM barrel and PMC bronze 200gr factory ammo
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_0092_jpeg-3168412.JPG

Same ammo as above but with Glock barrel
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_0091_jpeg-3168403.JPG

Montana Bullet Works and KKM barrel (7.5gr Longshot)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_0087_jpeg-3168405.JPG

Nosler 135gr ASP 1.26” COL  10gr CFE pistol.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_0089_jpeg-3168407.JPG

Thank you to those who were helpful and considerate and gave me benefit of the doubt.
Might send in the Glock barrel and see what they say. If they send it back, no big deal, will use the KKM
barrel.
View Quote

So you shot some 4-5 round groups at a paper bag with no defined aiming point and are now using that info to double down and blame the Glock barrel when in reality there is no difference between the groups from either barrel?

What happen to the 8” groups from the first outing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
What did Glock say?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1000000621_jpg-3172471.JPG

How much for the barrel that shoots the same as the factory barrel?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
What did Glock say?
View Quote

One night Gaston had a nightmarish vision of this future thread and said "Think it's time for me."

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I was expecting a dull thread, this one is pure entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#11]
What did Glock say?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatGrinder] [#12]
Was at an indoor range and two younger guys were pissin' and moanin' that their new Glock 19
was a reject. Groups were about 18" at 21'.
I asked if they wanted to try mine. They said try their crappy Glock.
I then put 5 rounds through the same ragged hole.
Their weinee's shrank and they were pissed.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MeatGrinder:
Was at an indoor range and two younger guys were pissin' and moanin' that their new Glock 19
was a reject. Groups were about 18" at 21'.
I asked if they wanted to try mine. They said try their crappy Glock.
I then put 5 rounds through the same ragged hole.
Their weinee's shrank and they were pissed.

View Quote
Wife & I went to the range with some friends and something similar happened. The guy said his sights are off after shooting a few rounds. Paper target with ABCD zones. I aimed for the center of the D and it hit the straight line, freestanding. I hand back the rifle and say, I think it's close enough.

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top