[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How is Zeke and the paw coming along?
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Zeke has been pretty good, just got back from a brisk night walk with him. Paw is still busted but slowly getting better. We changed his food back about two weeks ago so a slow process for the reaction to end and the mending to really begin. All the bandaging I was doing was really just protecting the wound but its finally closing up.

No more growling since the last incident.

I came home from work one day last week to find my wife had made a batch of dehydrated chicken jerky for him (one of his favorite treats). It was a really pleasant surprise and meant a lot to me. She’s also been stepping outside a little more often. She just does a recall (“Zeke come”) and gives him a treat when he obliges - which he does every time. Its a small step but something I’ve noticed.

Last Thursday

Couple weeks back

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Zeke has been pretty good, just got back from a brisk night walk with him. Paw is still busted but slowly getting better. We changed his food back about two weeks ago so a slow process for the reaction to end and the mending to really begin. All the bandaging I was doing was really just protecting the wound but its finally closing up.

No more growling since the last incident.

I came home from work one day last week to find my wife had made a batch of dehydrated chicken jerky for him (one of his favorite treats). It was a really pleasant surprise and meant a lot to me. She's also been stepping outside a little more often. She just does a recall ("Zeke come") and gives him a treat when he obliges - which he does every time. Its a small step but something I've noticed.

Last Thursday

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252780/B1974E82-3045-420A-AA7B-DDEE8ECD6F59-2599246.jpg

Couple weeks back

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252780/848BD3CF-5A95-4319-97D2-60B95DDE17E8-2599251.jpg

View Quote
No question in my mind you made the right decision to keep Zeke in the pack.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#7]
Just a quick update:

Zekes paw is finally healed and he is acting like he has puppy energy. Basically prancing when he runs etc, its hilarious.

Finished the fence about two weeks ago around the whole backyard. Its about 1000’ and mostly through the woods, it felt so good. First day after I finished I was doing some work in the front yard and wouldnt you know it, here comes Zeke walking on up to me. WTF! It was very discouraging, almost heartbreaking. Sooo much work and he defeated it immediately. He’s basically a genius as far as dogs go so while it was disappointing it wasnt that surprising, half expected even. I go walk the fence line to see if I can find clues as to where he got out - find a fucking tree fell on it in the woods, flattened it - on the first night! He just walked on out. Life has a funny way of testing you and keeping you humble. Fixed it and he has not got out yet. I watched him through the windows today as he tried probing for an exit for over an hour. He kept trotting up and down the fence in the woods, doubling back and looking for a way out and he found nothing. I feel reasonably confident he is stuck in the backyard for now.

Kids are staying at the grandparents tonight. When the wife and I got home from dinner I decided Id let him in the house for a few minutes to sniff around. When he came in my wife greeted him like she used to (high pitched “Hi Zekey” and some petting). Thats great and all but the best part was after maybe five minutes he just went and stood at the garage door and stared at me. He wanted to go back out to the garage. I always question it but I know now that he’s comfortable out there to the point its where he prefers to be. It made me feel like a million dollars.

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Great update good to hear everyone is adjusting well.

Sounds like you're going to have to keep an eye on the fence in the woods as I'm sure that won't be that last tree to fall.

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#9]
It's awesome to see your wife has come full circle as well on Zeke remaining part of the family!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#10]

So far so good.

Today in the yard
Attachment Attached File

We camped out in the backyard. Zeke slept outside our tent door and didnt move until my 3yo woke up and came out (as you can tell I got out and was able to take this pic).
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Zeke (Page 7 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top