Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 6:53:00 PM EDT
so I have schlage locks all over my house. all the entrances are keyed to the same key.
due to the kids coming in and out now, we decided on a digital lock with finger print reader.
it uses schlage key blanks, but the key setup isn't compatible with schlage.
I usually just pull the lock cylinder and swap when we get new locks. (warranty issues mostly).
just saves me time.
this time since I can't do that, I want to pull the pins and rekey them.
I see the schlage has some weird master pins and some color coded pins.
I just wanted to order a kit of pins but I see them specifically noted as schlage or kwiki compatible.
since this isn't really a schlage lock, does it really matter?

it looks like I need a follower rod to pull the schalge pins, but based on how they go back in, not sure if I can get them back in if I screw this up, so I would rather leave the schlage intact and just rekey the other.
is there a generic set of pins I can pick up without buying the 200 dollar kit to rekey hundreds of locks?
or I guess I should just take it into a lock smith last choice, just cause I like to do this, but I guess it might be the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I do my own locks, watch lock picking lawyer or Bosnian bill on youtube.
I like to pack them full of security pins, and different spring types...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to rekey Schlage locks for customers of my last workplace.  Pretty easy to do.  I think that for the money a cheap rekey set like this would work:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194599001946?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NZzpxL6DTKS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks,that looks like it should work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top