Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 8:46:40 AM EDT
If i understand the law correctly, i CAN ship a long gun via USPS directly to someone in the same state without a FFL.

I have a stripped lower that i need to ship to a recipient near Knoxville from near Memphis. Does a stripped lower fall within that rule above? Can i ship it direct or being that it is considered "other" i cannot?

It was assembled as a rifle at one time. Does that change the lower's status?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:54:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#1]
A lower is not allowed to be shipped USPS by non-FFLs (well C&R can't either technically).

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a thread from "The High Road" website, I use as a reference.

"How To Ship Firearms"
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OldArtilleryman:
Here's a thread from "The High Road" website, I use as a reference.

"How To Ship Firearms"
View Quote

That guy is a genus.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

That guy is a genus.
View Quote

Hah! I have a screenshot of your guide you did here on Arfcom. Its about as comprehensive and no-nonsense as you can get, so it's an excellent resource.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Hah! I have a screenshot of your guide you did here on Arfcom. Its about as comprehensive and no-nonsense as you can get, so it's an excellent resource.
View Quote

Thank you.
It's a shame that such a guide is needed.

I'm ashamed that my state Attorney General, being the staunch MAGA supporter of the Second Amendment he claims.....hasn't lifted a finger, hasn't even sent a snarky email to FedEx or UPS about their anti 2A shipping policies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top