Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2024 3:02:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil]
1/18 trx4m if it matters, just stripped out my front gears and need to replace them. not sure if it was the vasoline or the plastic housing flexing...

I need a sticky lube...was thinking maybe some lifter break-in lube? Have some from old engine rebuilds

Eta...added more info...
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped at the local Traxxas dealer and asked that very question.  This was for my Slash.
His answer was Part # 2717 thrust bearing lube.  $3.00 a tube.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll grab some when I go get another truck today thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
They didn't have any,, so will probably just use axle grease, it doesn't eat plastic..I
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I know if there are any o-rings or rubber parts in that diff, petroleum based lubricants will make them swell.  When we ran 1/10 and 1/8 scale I used a small dab of silicone spark plug wire lubricant. It's not like a real ring and pinion in your car that needs an oil bath. If the diffs are shimmed properly you shouldn't need but a MINIMAL amount of anything on them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Lucas Red n Tacky.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#7]
The grease that comes in the Kyosho and Tamiya kits I've assembled looks just like fishing reel grease that you can get at Walmart for a few bucks. What I have looks like this but it is more clear than the Diawa grease.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The properties sound good, I think I still have some of that
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:52:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyboy] [#9]
MFWD tractor front pinions tend to crush oil.  Much slower speed but more power.  Went to a synthetic gear oil and housing temps are much cooler, barely warm to the touch now.  I have no idea on high speed gear usage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top