User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2023 9:45:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Insane. People have money to burn.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn’t me. I just drained my hobby fund on buying Napoleon’s hat.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I read this and thought of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine ate the Royal Wedding cake.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess when you have as much money as some folks have it is no more than me splurging on a bottle of Blantons. It is all relative. Having said that, even if I was a multi-billionaire I'd sooner spent $2 mil plus housing homeless veterans. I couldn't live with myself if I was that out of touch with the average person. I fully support their right to do whatever they want with their money, I just can't understand it. $2 million for a one of a kind Patek Phillipe that will increase in value and be enjoyed for many lifetimes, sure! Something that you will quite literally piss away. Nah dawg!
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
What did it cost in 1986?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
I guess when you have as much money as some folks have it is no more than me splurging on a bottle of Blantons. It is all relative. Having said that, even if I was a multi-billionaire I'd sooner spent $2 mil plus housing homeless veterans. I couldn't live with myself if I was that out of touch with the average person. I fully support their right to do whatever they want with their money, I just can't understand it. $2 million for a one of a kind Patek Phillipe that will increase in value and be enjoyed for many lifetimes, sure! Something that you will quite literally piss away. Nah dawg!
View Quote

Dude! I was thinking the same thing. Tunnels To Towers has a housing development under construction just a few miles away from me and 2 mil would do wonders for them. No way in Hell I could enjoy drinking booze like that knowing I could have built a half dozen homes for truly deserving individuals for what it cost
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

Dude! I was thinking the same thing. Tunnels To Towers has a housing development under construction just a few miles away from me and 2 mil would do wonders for them. No way in Hell I could enjoy drinking booze like that knowing I could have built a half dozen homes for truly deserving individuals for what it cost
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

Tunnels to Towers has been one of my mainstay charities for years. Even when my wife and I were nearly bankrupt from chemo bills and living on pasta and donated game meat from friends, I never missed my at least $11 a month.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Tunnels to Towers has been one of my mainstay charities for years. Even when my wife and I were nearly bankrupt from chemo bills and living on pasta and donated game meat from friends, I never missed my at least $11 a month.
View Quote

Let Us Do Good Village is within walking distance of my home. I took a bunch of Scouts there when they did the last home dedication and one of the boys (my youngest son) said “I want to do my Eagle Project and build something nice right here”. The boys all seemed to understand what the organization is about.

The fact that pretty much ALL of what you donate to them goes directly towards then program recipients is way out of the ordinary in a good way and good on you for your donations!
They are the only org I have zero questions about where any money I send their way goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top