Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
If it were true, it would be a blessing in disguise.  Colt needs an injection of something.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I call it BS
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Well , one of those boards decided that Discussions of this sort were apparently TOO TERRIFYING to continue - so they Locked it. (after 6 replies)

Guess which one?

YEP! forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=28562

maybe they locked it 'cause it's pretty clearly BS?
Link Posted: 4/1/2007 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was about to post this in GD just to see what would happen. Taurus does make long guns they just don't sell them here. A couple of these look interesting. www.taurusarmas.com.br/?on=produtos&in=armas_policiais

I want one of those Famae SMGs.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 5:13:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Serves them right.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Taurus
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like Taurus

I do too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Serves them right.

So did someone from Colt personally come over and piss in your OJ?
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well , one of those boards decided that Discussions of this sort were apparently TOO TERRIFYING to continue - so they Locked it. (after 6 replies)

Guess which one?

They probably locked it because the mod doesn't agree with it. That's how they do things over there. Lock the topics they don't agree with and ban the people who disagree with the mods.

Been there, done that, got banned.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess which one?

They probably locked it because the mod doesn't agree with it. That's how they do things over there. Lock the topics they don't agree with and ban the people who disagree with the mods.

Been there, done that, got banned.

You may be right, I don't post over there much. I'm just pointing out that this is pretty clearly BS, and that would be a decent reason to lock it....
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a lot of RAMPANT BULL to me!
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
God that would be slap nuts funny if true though.

Link Posted: 4/2/2007 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Serves them right.

Not speaking for him, but many American gun owners are sick & GD tired of what was once one of THE two best gun companies in the WORLD being reduced to polishing the knobs of the gun grabbers....................        

And for the record, I own a Colt AR & Police Positive from way back when.
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Does this mean i'll have to change my name here? Rampant_Taurus, perhaps?
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe they will come out with a new 1911 called the "Raging Pony".
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#16]

If this is true, maybe we would finally see the Colt wheelguns return.  I would love a new Python!

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:11:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Serves them right.

Not speaking for him, but many American gun owners are sick & GD tired of what was once one of THE two best gun companies in the WORLD being reduced to polishing the knobs of the gun grabbers....................        

And for the record, I own a Colt AR & Police Positive from way back when.

Before you praise the demise of an American company, to which our dollars and jobs would be going to South America, get your facts straight.  The current helm of Colt is a Marine and pro gun.

Are there locks built into the 1911's? A big warning stamped on the slide?

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Please don't slander the name of Taurus handguns by associating them with Colt.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah screw Colt, sure they've produced thousands of firearms for Americans to use for over a hundred years and supplied our military with M16s for a few years but what have they done for me lately, huh?

Yeah yeah, I know it's not really the same company. I just think it's sad that so many people are so happy because they think that a US company has been bought out by a foreign one . (even though it's BS).

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

get your facts straight.  The current helm of Colt is a Marine and pro gun.

Then why does Colt only sell its 'evil' configured ARs to LE distributors ONLY, and why arent they on Colts non .mil/LE site?

Dont seem very progun to me
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
You can go out and buy a LE6920 right now, you just have to pay for it.  Colt sells there civi ar from a very unfriendly state.  Instead of busting on them how about helping them.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#22]
How about THEY help us?
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Before you praise the demise of an American company, to which our dollars and jobs would be going to South America, get your facts straight.

As I would suggest you do yours, sir. I never praised the demise of Colt or gloated over it. I just pointed out what was once a proud American gun company has now been reduced to one HCI-approved.    

The current helm of Colt is a Marine and pro gun.

Whoop de do. Doesn't mean squat in the real world, nor in their marketing/selling strategies it would seem.

Care to list their .380s they have for sale? Seen a NIB Colt revolver in a gun shop lately, sir?????????      
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why does Colt only sell its 'evil' configured ARs to LE distributors ONLY, and why arent they on Colts non .mil/LE site?

Don't confuse him with facts, sir................    
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you do know that taurus is in bed with smart gun technology right? when i went to college at NJIT, Taurus were the ones sponsoring the research... biometric devices on handguns for the children...

it doesn't get much more anti-2A than that... please stop being a

every thread you're in you slander colt... it's really annoying... grow up...
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Can't speak on Colt Defense, as I do not own any of their products.(You all know that Colt Defense is a completely seperate company from Colt Manufacturing Company....don't you?)

But Colt Manufacturing Company has been making some excellent handguns in recent years.
NRM 1911's are fantastic, Series 70 pistols, Special Government Combat pistols, Defender, Concealed Carry, XSE, etc.  Lots of excellent stuff lately.

According to Mark Roberts on the m1911.org forum Colt has increased their handgun sales from around 10,000 in 2003 to around 20,000-22,000 handguns a year currently.

But...many of you are still livin' in the 90's when it comes to Colt.  That's fine as Colt's are hard enough to find as it is since they sell every single handgun they are able to produce...just means it will be easier for me to find them.

I guess I don't understand how Colt Manufacturing Company....a company that sells its products exclusively to civilians as far as I know(Unless a government agency recently bought some Colt 1911's or a few Single Action Army revolvers...) can be considered anti 2A.  Colt Defense produces the M4's, LEO Ar15's, etc. that are destined for military and government contracts.

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you do know that taurus is in bed with smart gun technology right? when i went to college at NJIT, Taurus were the ones sponsoring the research... biometric devices on handguns for the children...

Ive been here for a while and Im no troll.

I dont have a problem with their products, its their policies, and until they take some action, such as selling their "Evil"rifles when available to ANY FFL, not just LE Distributors, and advertise them on their civilian site, then ill support them, until then their actions smack of being anti-gun, or if you prefer, selectivley pro-gun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before you praise the demise of an American company, to which our dollars and jobs would be going to South America, get your facts straight.

As I would suggest you do yours, sir. I never praised the demise of Colt or gloated over it. I just pointed out what was once a proud American gun company has now been reduced to one HCI-approved.    

The current helm of Colt is a Marine and pro gun.

Whoop de do. Doesn't mean squat in the real world, nor in their marketing/selling strategies it would seem.

Care to list their .380s they have for sale? Seen a NIB Colt revolver in a gun shop lately, sir?????????      

OK so the fact that Colt just put out a brand new sub compact 1911 designed for CCW doesn't mean anything?

I have spyed a few Colt revolvers in shops, a lot of Single Action Armys and you can get a Python from the custom shop, (it is now only a custom shop gun)  As for the .380's no one bought them when they did make them!  Colt has 2 main market areas they are concentrating on to stay above water, 1911's and SAA.  

You Sir, said they were polishing gun grabber knobs, I disagree, and just because they don't make a product you like, does not make that fact.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont have a problem with their products, its their policies, and until they take some action, such as selling their "Evil"rifles when available to ANY FFL, not just LE Distributors, and advertise them on their civilian site, then ill support them, until then their actions smack of being anti-gun, or if you prefer, selectivley pro-gun.

Ok, so lets get this straight then, they sell the guns you want, just not with the features you want, even though, through other chanels you can get the same weapon you want with the features you want, and that makes them anti?  Anti would be Colt not selling AR's at all.  

Also they make enough money off of the gov contracts under the Mil branch of Colt that they don't need to sell AR's to the public.  If you really want to be on your high horse, go bash S&W (rolled on law suites, put in internal locks), SA (internal locks), Ruger (don't even get me started), Glock (oh yeah, these are the guys that if you send in your Pistol with a 3.5 connector they will send it  back with a std connector)

You are right, you are not a troll, you just have a bug up your ass because you have LE6920 envy.

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip/You are right, you are not a troll, you just have a bug up your ass because you have LE6920 envy.

that pegged the ol' bullshit meter.  Colt envy my ass.  Supposedly their QC is improving in their 1911 line.  Damn good thing as I've been embarassed for Colt with the ones I've handled.

$1,200-$1,400 for a rattle-trap SAA?  

they make a good AR, but let's not get carried away here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip/You are right, you are not a troll, you just have a bug up your ass because you have LE6920 envy.

that pegged the ol' bullshit meter.  Colt envy my ass.  Supposedly their QC is improving in their 1911 line.  Damn good thing as I've been embarassed for Colt with the ones I've handled.

$1,200-$1,400 for a rattle-trap SAA?  

they make a good AR, but let's not get carried away here.

I wouldn't say it pegged the meter.  My meaning was he wants a bay lug and a flash hider.  Fine, go buy one. But it does not mean Colt is anti.  

I don't know when you looked at Colt pistols last but they have come a long way.  SAA is not my bag but I still want one and the ones I've looked at over the last year have not ben rattle traps.  I would say they were better fit and finish over the 1911 line and on par with USAF.   The Gunsite and Special Combats, I would stack up against any 1911 made.  My CCO is a beast, feeds anything includeing flying ashtrays.  The 1991 line is about the best bang for the buck.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow... now I have twice as many reasons not to buy a Taurus. One for selling out gun owners by working with NJIT on the "smart gun" project and now because they are going to sell Colts. Sweet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Wow... now I have twice as many reasons not to buy a Taurus. One for selling out gun owners by working with NJIT on the "smart gun" project and now because they are going to sell Colts. Sweet.

Good.  More for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.  More for me.

Fine then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so lets get this straight then, they sell the guns you want, just not with the features you want, even though, through other chanels you can get the same weapon you want with the features you want, and that makes them anti?  Anti would be Colt not selling AR's at all.  

Also they make enough money off of the gov contracts under the Mil branch of Colt that they don't need to sell AR's to the public.  If you really want to be on your high horse, go bash S&W (rolled on law suites, put in internal locks), SA (internal locks), Ruger (don't even get me started), Glock (oh yeah, these are the guys that if you send in your Pistol with a 3.5 connector they will send it  back with a std connector)

You are right, you are not a troll, you just have a bug up your ass because you have LE6920 envy.

Whatever I guess when you cant make your case resort to childish behavior.

I dont own any S&W either, nor any Ruger products. I actually put my money where my mouth is and back up my beliefs on the 2A, and will not support anyone who doesnt support my ownership of their guns
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

OK so the fact that Colt just put out a brand new sub compact 1911 designed for CCW doesn't mean anything?

Whoopie. I'll alert the media.

I have spyed a few Colt revolvers in shops, a lot of Single Action Armys and you can get a Python from the custom shop, (it is now only a custom shop gun)

Ooooohhh, a SINGLE ACTION!!!!!   Boy howdee, I can't WAIT to plunk down that $2,000 for one of those babies...............    

Meanwhile, in the real world, what happened to the King Cobras, Detectives, Agents, Anacondas, etc. etc. that the working man can afford????

As for the .380's no one bought them when they did make them!

I don't know where you got this asinine idea, but it's completely bogus.............

Colt has 2 main market areas they are concentrating on to stay above water, 1911's and SAA.

Ignoring huge sections of the gun buying market is commercial suicide. They sure as hell aren't going to survive on 1911s & $2,000 single actions only.

You Sir, said they were polishing gun grabber knobs, I disagree, and just because they don't make a product you like, does not make that fact.

Au contraire`, they make many products I like, just as they make many products I cannot afford.

I suggest you go back & research Colt on some of their more harebrained statements by their management every time a gun control proposal rolled down the pike. I believe you will be both surprised & disappointed with what you learn......................

Link Posted: 4/4/2007 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Meanwhile, in the real world, what happened to the King Cobras, Detectives, Agents, Anacondas, etc. etc. that the working man can afford????

In case you haven't noticed, the revolver market isn't everything it used to be.

The fact that Colt no longer makes DA revolvers is no great loss IMO.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#38]
The Colt SAA sells for around $1200.  Overpriced? Yep, but they are still pretty nice.

www.gunblast.com/Colt_SAA.htm

However, USFA builds the best Single Action Army or clone anywhere and can be had for around $950 for the basic blued/CCH frame/white sided hammer/hard rubber grips configuration that you see with the Colt model.  

Colt has increased its handgun sales from around 10,000 in 2003 to 20,000-22,000 a year at present.  This according to Mark Roberts from Colt.

So this new strategy of focusing on their two most popular models and dumping the rest seems to be working well.  Can they sustain this?  My guess would be yes.  Their product line isn't nearly as outdated and basic as some people say.  

Colt still has its loyal fanbase, alot of people still love the little pony on a classic looking Colt handgun.  So if they can make handguns that satisfy those people(Like the WWI repo, Series 70, SAA, etc.) and produce handguns that offer features desired by alot of todays shooters(Like the XSE, Gunsite, Concealed Carry, Defender, etc.) they should be able to carve a reasonable niche.  

And I honestly don't care if they are #1 or #20.  A quality handgun is a quality handgun and I only care about Colt 1911's anyway and they make alot of those.

Not trying to start any fights, as alot of you are being quite critical.  Just trying to be reasonable about things.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#39]
There are some seriously sandy vaginas in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In case you haven't noticed, the revolver market isn't everything it used to be.

Must explain the explosion of the S&W J-frame sales, I guess??????    
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I expect many tears from Clot apologists if this is true.

Its not true.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must explain the explosion of the S&W J-frame sales, I guess??????    

But you really just nailed it on the head.  A big part of the reason for the demise of the Colt Revolvers you listed, is Colt can not sell them at a price that will compete with a S&W J frame... and that is sad. Colt is building pistols on machines that are older than we are.  But it has nothing to do with them being anti gun.  

If Colt was anti, why would they build a pistol that has no other use than carry (the new pistol doesn't even have sights, just a groove like the rear sight of a J frame).  

Colt could have just gotten out of the public AR market but they didn't.  In fact public ar sales is not the major part of their income.

Colt Sales and Marketing director is active at 1911forum, gathers feed back and works with Colt fans. Def not an anti.

All of these point sound like a company that is not anti to me.  I don't care for S&W and Springfield safety locks or any other unnecessary stuff, but any gun owner that boycotts one of these companies is only helping the anti's and hurting the gun culture and 2A.

Here is a link to a good writeup on a recent tour of Colt.  Note the reason for not building Colt Revolvers....

members.aol.com/lmanwebdesign/ColtTour.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Colt Sales and Marketing director is active at 1911forum, gathers feed back and works with Colt fans. Def not an anti.

More power to him. Just as I know of Dims who own guns, I'm sure there's Colt employees whom are hard core 2nd supporters. however, that doesn't mean it runs straight up & down the management, no?

It just irks the SHIT out of me that Colt was once a great & powerful gun company & how they're sucking hind teat after the others...............

Link Posted: 4/5/2007 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More power to him. Just as I know of Dims who own guns, I'm sure there's Colt employees whom are hard core 2nd supporters. however, that doesn't mean it runs straight up & down the management, no?

It just irks the SHIT out of me that Colt was once a great & powerful gun company & how they're sucking hind teat after the others...............

Yep - But It's purely the Fault of their Management  

If they just made 1 original version of a 1911 , and 1 version of a modern carry revolver,
they could get a BIG CHUNK of the market.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top